Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2010-11 Part III - Is That So Much To Ask?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 Part III - Is That So Much To Ask?

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
    I just don't understand how the system can work so that a loss in the ECAC counts for about the same as a loss in one of the stronger conferences. Also, with NU playing well it it possible they could become a TUC by the time our home and home comes around in two weeks? They currently sit at 38 in RPI.
    so how then, in your 'waaaah, the ncaa should let fanboys pick the tournament field' scenario, should three losses to the ezac count?

(for fun, we'll even ignore the fact that two of those losses were to the worst and fourth worst teams in that league.)
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      so how then, in your 'waaaah, the ncaa should let fanboys pick the tournament field' scenario, should three losses to the ezac count?

(for fun, we'll even ignore the fact that two of those losses were to the worst and fourth worst teams in that league.)
      I don't think anyone is complaining because as of now the team deserves to be on the bubble after the loss to Harvard. I was simply making an argument that losses to the ECAC or Atlantic Hockey should count for more than a loss to a WCHA team. Why don't you go worry about the fact that BC could easily fall into fourth in the conference by the end of the season?
      GO BU

Comment

I don't think anyone is complaining because as of now the team deserves to be on the bubble after the loss to Harvard. I was simply making an argument that losses to the ECAC or Atlantic Hockey should count for more than a loss to a WCHA team. Why don't you go worry about the fact that BC could easily fall into fourth in the conference by the end of the season?
        I am not sure that you really want to go there. One thing that has not seemed to matter much to BC in recent years is where they finished in the regular season in Hockey East. They have not finished first since 05' but have won two National Championships since then.

Comment

I think their only "worry" there would be if they finished 4th and had to play another 2-3 games against NU. Would be a great matchup to watch though.

Comment

[QUOTE=mookie1995;5042841]alright... #17 BU wins.

western and dartmouth lose...and BU.. falls into a tie at 17 with still playing colorado college..

luckily we have a chance to get precious rpi points next weekend with vermont
            /QUOTE]

So if BU was 17 in the PW at 10:40 last night, how come they're at 15 now? The RPI must be sensitive to small changes. Looking at some of the match-ups with teams just ahead, I don't see a lot of room for upwards movement. It would be nice if Colorado could knock Wisconsin down a peg this coming weekend. Also, it could be a good thing if Northeastern became a TUC, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
              I think their only "worry" there would be if they finished 4th and had to play another 2-3 games against NU. Would be a great matchup to watch though.
              Yeah I realize the seeding only recognizes the first round matchup and I think no one wants NU in the HE quarters the way they are playing right now. Especially BU considering we got them the weekend before as well. I was just making a point that the "great" BC team could easily finish 4th in the conference behind BU depite beating us three times in conference already this season. Not saying it means anything tho haha
              GO BU

Comment

Yeah I realize the seeding only recognizes the first round matchup and I think no one wants NU in the HE quarters the way they are playing right now. Especially BU considering we got them the weekend before as well. I was just making a point that the "great" BC team could easily finish 4th in the conference behind BU depite beating us three times in conference already this season. Not saying it means anything tho haha
                Same thing happened in 2008.
                time to write new history

Comment

• Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought losing to bad teams DOES hurt more than losing to a good team? Isn't that part of rpi? You can't arbitarily say that a loss to any team from conference a should count more than a loss to a team from conference b. Every team is evaluated separate from conference affiliation...which is how it should be.

Bc could easily finish 4th? At least you admitted you were a homer previously...take your own advice and worry about your team.

Comment

Goalguard, yale beat princeton this afternoon...so that probably did it.

I should clarify in saying I think bc will be in 2nd place heading into the final weekend. If they were to somehow then finish 4th, it wouldn't have been easy for it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Bc could easily finish 4th? At least you admitted you were a homer previously...take your own advice and worry about your team.
                      That is why I am a BU fan on a BU thread...worrying about my own team. BC could easily finish 4th though and you are naive if you think it isn't a possibility. BU has NU and UVM remaining on the schedule while Merrimack has Maine and PC left. BC has UNH and UMASS so really anywhere from 1 to 4 is a possibility realistically.
                      GO BU

Comment

Sorry chief, but a "possibility" and "easily" are not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Sorry chief, but a "possibility" and "easily" are not the same thing.
                          I should clarify then...I don't think BC will finish 4th but I never thought that was a possibility just a couple weeks ago. Now if BU and Merrimack take care of business and BC drops three points to UMA and UNH combined which is quite possible with one at Mullins and one at the Whit, then BC would fall to fourth. For the record though I see BC finishing in second with UNH holding on for the conference crown and Merrimack finishing 3rd just ahead of BU aka how things are now.
                          GO BU

Comment

That is why I am a BU fan on a BU thread...worrying about my own team. BC could easily finish 4th though and you are naive if you think it isn't a possibility. BU has NU and UVM remaining on the schedule while Merrimack has Maine and PC left. BC has UNH and UMASS so really anywhere from 1 to 4 is a possibility realistically.
                            It would be a bit of a surprise to see them finish that low, but anyone watching college hockey over the last few years understands that it would have little impact on where BC finishes in April. What I (and slurpees) was trying to explain was that for BC, finishing 4th in HE is really no "worry" at all. I would not try to speak for BC fans, but I imagine they would be pretty happy to have another year like 08' where they finished 4th in HE. I'm also guessing that more than a few UNH boosters would trade their bucket of HE regular season titles [5 in the last decade] for a national championship.

Comment

is the BU thread exclusive? yet you are "worrying" about Merrimack on their thread................do you get that both BC and BU fans read each other's threads and sometimes post? i for one enjoy when a BU fan posts on our thread and would NEVER imply to any one of them to "worry" about their own team on their thread and state it is a BC thread......but you are new at this...just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                                It would be a bit of a surprise to see them finish that low, but anyone watching college hockey over the last few years understands that it would have little impact on where BC finishes in April. What I (and slurpees) was trying to explain was that for BC, finishing 4th in HE is really no "worry" at all. I would not try to speak for BC fans, but I imagine they would be pretty happy to have another year like 08' where they finished 4th in HE. I'm also guessing that more than a few UNH boosters would trade their bucket of HE regular season titles [5 in the last decade] for a national championship.
                                you get it.............as long as you are in the top four, does it REALLY matter?

Comment

Working...
                                X