1 NCAA appearance
    Countless losses.

We've tried. He's failed.

Time for someone new.
    Doghouse Class of 2004

Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
    NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

Re: Cronin Must Go

..so if we had won in OT you would feel differently?

Pls delete this ridiculous thread.. least discuss your opinions in the regular NU thread.

Everybody fought hard out there tonight.. we actually won a few new fans.
    Were you even there..
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NU Speed Racer View Post
        0 Beanpot championships
        1 NCAA appearance
        Countless losses.

We've tried. He's failed.

Time for someone new.
        Yah because all the coachs before him had such success. He has done a very good job. This team played hard tonight, beaten by a better team
        Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by bignick33 View Post
          This. I for one was extremely impressed by NU tonight. Couldn't believe they pushed BC to the limit. I was thinking 5-1, 6-0 BC going into tonight. Boy was I wrong.
          BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
          National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
          Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Cronin inherited a vehicle that was ready to bottom out, which it did in his 1st year.

NU's win total climbed every year for the next 3 and before you know it --- a class that experienced a 3 win team as freshmen were now a 25 win team as seniors.

They've dropped from that plateau, but they also lost a lot of talent and Hockey East is a tough league all around. Jockying in 5th or 6th place in the conference is better than many expected for this season. They've played a lot of very good teams very well this season even in losses. They have some nice looking underclassmen on their team.

I'm not seeing your point.

Comment

To elaborate, I am not trying to be a hypocrite. Most Maine fans, myself included, want Tim's neck.

But you can't really look at the coach unless you answer 'yes' to: do you honestly think another guy, or another system would be significantly more successful with what they have. . As I said, NU lost quite a bit these last two years, but they've got some emerging underclassmen.

If you don't think a great coach could make a consistant top-5 or 10 team out of Gustav Nyquist, Spencer Abbott, Brian Flynn, Robby Dee, Joey Diamond, Tanner House, Matt Mangene, Kyle Beattie, 5 upperclass defensemen and a Blue Jackets draft pick in net then I firmly disagree with you.

Cronin has attracted some awfully nice looking players to NU and there are more in line.

Comment

Dude, go post your nonsense somewhere else. This team took the #1 team in the nation to a 6-6 game into overtime and nearly won. They can still definitely make the Garden come March. Because we were sooooo good before Cronin with our 15-year NCAA drought and all those Beanpot titles...oh wait.
                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Thread fail

Comment

Cronin had 1 good year. He made the NCAA tourney. Every coach before him had one good year. He has had some god awful years.

He has been the coach for 5 years. THIS IS HIS TEAM. THIS IS HIS RECRUITING. IT IS NOT BETTER.

He took NU to the beanpot finals and had his STAR goalie give up 6 goals in the finals. THAT IS NOT GOOD. NOR DOES IT WIN BEANPOTS!

Tell me something this ****ing savoir has done. I'll argue he's done nothing.

NU fans need to wake up. Nothing is great. Nothing is good. If you want 500 hockey, pay your donations. Cronin will give you that.

NEXT!
                    Doghouse Class of 2004

Comment

You are playing 8 Freshman and 8 Sophomores.
                      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Trade proposal: Cronin for Whitehead. Straight up.

Actually, we'll throw in Kerluke and the part-time, invisible goalie coach

Comment

WHAT A STUPID THREAD.

NU was amazing tonight and looked fantastic. Made BC look terrible IMO.

Cronin had these guys prepared as well as they possibly could be I think. They just seemed to know how to expose BC. It almost worked. One bounce here or there and it's a different story.

Cronin and his team impressed me tonight. It would be foolish to get rid of him.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            WHAT A STUPID THREAD.

NU was amazing tonight and looked fantastic. Made BC look terrible IMO.

Cronin had these guys prepared as well as they possibly could be I think. They just seemed to know how to expose BC. It almost worked. One bounce here or there and it's a different story.

Cronin and his team impressed me tonight. It would be foolish to get rid of him.
                            NU gave up 7 goals.

He publicly downplayed his teams ability.

Giving up 6 goals is never a good performance.

EVER!

Even if you are BU, BC, ND, Minn, Mich.

WAKE THE F UP! 6 GOALS IS A BAD NIGHT!
                            Doghouse Class of 2004

Comment

Cronin had 1 good year. He made the NCAA tourney. Every coach before him had one good year. He has had some god awful years.
                              Prior to Cronin, when was the last time NU made the HE semifinals and NCAA tourney?

He has been the coach for 5 years. THIS IS HIS TEAM. THIS IS HIS RECRUITING. IT IS NOT BETTER.
                              NU is better than they were when he took over. That is absolutely fact, not opinion.

He took NU to the beanpot finals and had his STAR goalie give up 6 goals in the finals. THAT IS NOT GOOD.
                              You do realize that BC's star goalie gave up six as well, right? Guess York should get the boot as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X