Hey Man, Nice Shot - Michigan Tech at Denver, Feb. 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Man, Nice Shot - Michigan Tech at Denver, Feb. 18-19

Michigan Tech just came off a soul-destroying last-minute Winter Carnival loss to Bemidji, is currently riding a 26 game winless streak, and has mathematically clinched their third consecutive last-place WCHA finish with 6 whole games remaining. Kudos to the remaining Misfits for not going Egypt on the athletic department.

If you asked "what's the absolute last series Tech would want to play right now?" you'd be hard pressed to come up with a better answer than "at altitude against DU who's in a 4-way dead heat for the MacNaughton, desperately needing 4 of the easiest points they'll ever see."

If anyone needs to speak with a Tech fan, we'll all be over here cutting ourselves.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Re: Hey Man, Nice Shot - Michigan Tech at Denver, Feb. 18-19

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Michigan Tech just came off a soul-destroying last-minute Winter Carnival loss to Bemidji, is currently riding a 26 game winless streak, and has mathematically clinched their third consecutive last-place WCHA finish with 6 whole games remaining. Kudos to the remaining Misfits for not going Egypt on the athletic department. yet

If you asked "what's the absolute last series Tech would want to play right now?" you'd be hard pressed to come up with a better answer than "at altitude against DU who's in a 4-way dead heat for the MacNaughton, desperately needing 4 of the easiest points they'll ever see."

If anyone needs to speak with a Tech fan, we'll all be over here cutting ourselves.
    fixed

Comment

Tech shocks the world and sweeps.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Tech shocks the world and sweeps.
        Imagine if Tech loses out, but then pulls the upset in the first round, wins the Final 6ive, and goes to the dance with something like an 8-30-4 record.

Every Tech fan's head would burst into a million gooey pieces.

(Plus that would probably mean Russell stays, which would make everyone's head explode a second time.)
        Last edited by Twitch Boy; 02-14-2011, 12:34 PM.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I think this week's posts need to include a "best", "most", or "first" that the 10-11 team has accomplished with a positive spin. I'll start...

This year's team is the first to let more than 10 other teams finish ahead of them in the WCHA standings, which gives them the chance to be the first #12 seed to upset a #1 in the WCHA playoffs.

Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Imagine if Tech loses out, but then pulls the upset in the first round, wins the Final 6ive, and goes to the dance with something like an 8-30-4 record.

Every Tech fan's head would burst into a million gooey pieces.

(Plus that would probably mean Russell stays, which would make everyone's head explode a second time.)
            Yeah, but just imagine what would happen to the fans of the squad sitting at #15 when they're seeding for the NCAA's and they get bumped out for the Automatic Bid of Tech. Actually, they would really be bumped for whoever wins AHA, as Tech would be the number 16 team in. But still, the fan base that gets bumped because of Tech in that highly unlikely possibility, Global Thermonuclear War levels of rage they would have.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I'm in favor of the Pioneers starting Murray both nights . The score could look old-timey, and they'll probably still win something like 7-3.

Comment

Denver could put skates on their volleyball team and sweep. or 6 random homeless persons.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Denver could put skates on their volleyball team and sweep. or 6 random homeless persons.
                  You guys are brutal. I hope for Tech's sake your players (or more importantly potential recruits) don't read these posts.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the players have better things to do than read the opinions of a few anonymous drop-in hacks on an Internet message board.

Comment

Even Blizzard can't take it anymore:

*****http://i6.***********.com/albums/y227/association330/EmoBlizzard.jpg******

*courtesy of an ex-roommate

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        You guys are brutal. I hope for Tech's sake your players (or more importantly potential recruits) don't read these posts.
                        Well, our love and support didn't do a thing, it's time to try the tar & feathers approach. We just got beat in our own Winter Carnival by Bem... B... I can't say it.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          It's frustration, plain and simple. It's frustrating to watch a program with Michigan Tech's kind of history and special place in college hockey struggle like this. Heck, this program had a quite impressive season and made the Final Five as recently as 2007. We know what this program is capable of, and it's not delivering. And some of us have really dark senses of humor, which doesn't help any. I guess we just don't know how to cope with this.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Even Blizzard can't take it anymore:

*****http://i6.***********.com/albums/y227/association330/EmoBlizzard.jpg******

*courtesy of an ex-roommate
                            Must spread rep....
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              Yeah, but just imagine what would happen to the fans of the squad sitting at #15 when they're seeding for the NCAA's and they get bumped out for the Automatic Bid of Tech. Actually, they would really be bumped for whoever wins AHA, as Tech would be the number 16 team in. But still, the fan base that gets bumped because of Tech in that highly unlikely possibility, Global Thermonuclear War levels of rage they would have.
                              If it happens, which it won't, I hope Wisconsin is bumped.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                              X