Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey Man, Nice Shot - Michigan Tech at Denver, Feb. 18-19

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    There has been some talk that he might apply for a medical redshirt with the hopes of playing next season. I think that is a huge "if" at the moment but nothing is out of the realm of possibility. It would be amazing if he was able to come back and play but at this point I think that percentage is still very low.
    http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2011/01...ns-tedxdu.html
    I have always wondered about this possibility but was afraid to ask.
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

Given the serious severity of the injury, and the lingering nerve damage sustained, we're all very very lucky Jesse is alive, alert and ambulatory. Just to have the prospect of a relatively normal life coming out of this horrific incident is, as Jesse says, "like winning the PowerBall twice."

Given the near-miracle that he is still a viable human being, having his hockey playing career come to an end is a small price to pay relative to the promise of his life ahead. He's a great kid, an honor student and a terrific leader of men.

That said, I think a hockey comeback is unlikely. But who are we to rule it out? Jesse, his medical team and the coaches will decide that in due time.

In the meantime, we should all be happy he's still alive to enjoy his life. Seeing him walk out a few steps on the ice to address the Magness arena crowd vs. CC a few weeks ago was one of the greatest moments I've seen in 30 years of watching DU hockey. There weren't many dry eyes in the arena that night, and and I am so glad that my tears were about the joy of his survival and his promise ahead, and not tears of sadness for a life cut short. Finally, Jesse is already becoming a legend around here for his courage and his positive, humble approach. It inspired his team to roar to to a come from behind victory in what will become a legendary moment in DU hockey history, but frankly, his biggest legend is likely still to be written...

Comment

IT IS GAME DAY

GO DU!!!!!

*****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/TKb32MZE3JI/AAAAAAAAJa8/oOQr58maYiA/s1600/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ%3D%3D%5B1%5D.jpg******
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

IT IS GAME DAY

GO DU!!!!!

*****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/TKb32MZE3JI/AAAAAAAAJa8/oOQr58maYiA/s1600/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ%3D%3D%5B1%5D.jpg******
          Shoot me.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Shoot me.
            Hmm...sorry don't wanna end up in the klink.
            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
              Hmm...sorry don't wanna end up in the klink.
              We'll go out on international waters.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

This:
                He is back in school, made up all of the work he missed and is on track to graduate this year.

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2011/01...ns-tedxdu.html
                And This:
                Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                Jesse was also named a WCHA Scholar Atlete last week.
                In my book, given what he's been through...Give him the hobey.

Comment

Originally posted by WFODucati View Post
                  This

Comment

Considering how close he came to dying right there on the ice, I'd rather they made the college hockey safer and got rid of crushing open ice hits.

Glad he's doing well and it was certainly an eye opener.

Comment

Holy Wha!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Tech shocks the world and sweeps.
                        Halfway there!
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Holy Wha!
                          Still speechless

Comment

Well, that means one thing and one thing only. Goodbye baghead.

Comment

Nice job Tech!

Comment

From the sound of the post game interview, it almost sounds like Jamie has a smile on his face.....and I thought it was a permanent frown

Comment

Working...
                                X