tUMD @ MSU-M: Metlers Rejects!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD @ MSU-M: Metlers Rejects!

UMD is coming off a disappointing weekend with SCCC. Only took one point. MSU is coming off a split against CC.

I must say I thought MSU would be worse than they have been. They are in every game but seem to come up short. Perhaps the three Maverick fans can provide more info
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: tUMD @ MSU-M: Metlers Rejects!

Bump.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

This series will be, IMHO, the most telling series of the regular season for UMD. IF they want to be a legit #1 or #2 team in the WCHA and a #1 seed in the NCAA's, they go into Mankato and sweep and keep pace with DU, ND & UNO. If they are actually a #3 to #5 place team in the WCHA, and a #2/#3 NCAA seed, then they don't sweep, and take another PWR hit in the process. No offense to MSU, I'm expecting them to play the Dogs very tough as they always seem to do and to not roll over. They have played some decent hockey at times this season. We'll get their best game (see last week vs CC) both nights. I'm guessing they'll take a page out of St. Cloud's book and play a physical game and get as many shots as they can and crash the net very hard.

It's gut-check time for the Dogs, especially coming off a disappointing weekend at home against St. Cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by CKP View Post
        This series will be, IMHO, the most telling series of the regular season for UMD. IF they want to be a legit #1 or #2 team in the WCHA and a #1 seed in the NCAA's, they go into Mankato and sweep and keep pace with DU, ND & UNO. If they are actually a #3 to #5 place team in the WCHA, and a #2/#3 NCAA seed, then they don't sweep, and take another PWR hit in the process. No offense to MSU, I'm expecting them to play the Dogs very tough as they always seem to do and to not roll over. They have played some decent hockey at times this season. We'll get their best game (see last week vs CC) both nights. I'm guessing they'll take a page out of St. Cloud's book and play a physical game and get as many shots as they can and crash the net very hard.

It's gut-check time for the Dogs, especially coming off a disappointing weekend at home against St. Cloud.
        Great point. Very well said. I cannot disagree with what you are saying.

I still cannot figure out that weekend against St. Cloud. How disapointing...
        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Mike connolly-jack connolly-justin fontaine
          kyle schmidt-travis oleksuk-j.t. Brown
          david grun-keegan flaherty-mike seidel
          max tardy-jake hendrickson-joe basaraba

wade bergman-mike montgomery
          justin faulk-trent palm
          drew olson-chad huttel

kenny reiter, aaron crandal

brady lamb (d) out with injury
          tUMD

Comment

Originally posted by beersong View Post
            Mike connolly-jack connolly-justin fontaine
            kyle schmidt-travis oleksuk-j.t. Brown
            david grun-keegan flaherty-mike seidel
            max tardy-jake hendrickson-joe basaraba

wade bergman-mike montgomery
            justin faulk-trent palm
            drew olson-chad huttel

kenny reiter, aaron crandal

brady lamb (d) out with injury
            Where did you get that/Is that the same lineup for last Saturdays game?
            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Where did you get that/Is that the same lineup for last Saturdays game?

Biddco, Dan Delisle played instead of Tardy last saturday. Besides that looks spot on

Comment

It's Pates' lineup which may or may not be correct as usual.
                tUMD

Comment

Nice effort for the Mavs last night, only if they could finish off Saturday night games.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                    Nice effort for the Mavs last night, only if they could finish off Saturday night games.
                    I see a positive effort by the Mags tonite, however I do also see a tie...

If you see a big dopey guy walking around in a Peoria Riverman jersey that says 'Backes'.... show some respect
                    R.I.P. Anthony Ford...

I officially hate Kevin Buisman

We cannot recommend him however, as a fantasy pick, unless of course you are related to him. (Fri. Dec 22, 2006)
                    FOX SPORTS On David Backes
                    WHAT!!!???!!?!?!!??

Comment

This Mav Fan evidently knows his team as they did not have much jump on Saturday. tUMD dominated the last two periods on Saturday and I hope they can find a way to start playing better on Fridays...
                      tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by bigclean View Post
                        I see a positive effort by the Mags tonite, however I do also see a tie...

If you see a big dopey guy walking around in a Peoria Riverman jersey that says 'Backes'.... show some respect
                        There wasn't much positive about that game for MSU. UMD dominated a good portion of the game. Which is what I expected them to do after a sorry effort on Friday. UMD has not lost back to back games, and has not been swept.
                        Wasn't going to happen with all the frustrating losses UMD has had in the last two weeks (two losses )
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

FYI - Mettler's is spelled with two Ts because it's bursting with TTies! (or so I've heard )
                          Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
                          Steven Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckincrew View Post
                            FYI - Mettler's is spelled with two Ts because it's bursting with TTies! (or so I've heard )
                            I believe it's also bursting with herpes.
                            "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                              I believe it's also bursting with herpes.
                              Now now now, let us be nice to the wonderful ladies of Mettlers! Some of them are paying for their college education!
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X