Norwich at Skidmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwich at Skidmore

From the box score, looks like an even game for the first two periods. In the third period, Norwich scored twice -- one an empty netter. Skidmore had 5 penalties in that period -- protocol, too many men, unsportsmanlike. If anyone saw the game or followed it on radio, what happened to Skidmore in the third? And does anyone know what a protocol penalty is?

Thanks.

Re: Norwich at Skidmore

Originally posted by D3 Hockey is the Best View Post
    And does anyone know what a protocol penalty is?

Thanks.
    Protocol Violation could be just about anything. Leaving the locker room too late, going on the ice too early, silly stuff like that. Typically, and especially with a Coach like McShane, Emery, etc., it will involve the other coach telling the ref to let it slide because they don't want to go on the powerplay for something so stupid.
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
      Protocol Violation could be just about anything. Leaving the locker room too late, going on the ice too early, silly stuff like that. Typically, and especially with a Coach like McShane, Emery, etc., it will involve the other coach telling the ref to let it slide because they don't want to go on the powerplay for something so stupid.
      Skidmore came out late.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Norwich at Skidmore

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Skidmore came out late.
        That's the usual reason for a protocol penalty. Home team is supposed to be on the ice at exactly 1:00 before the start of the second and 3rd period. Visitors at exactly 0:50. There's usually a bit of leeway, but if they are significantly off (either direction), the ref will call it. I remember having a goalie in class who was perpetually late for class, and I told him the next time he was late like that I'd give him a protocol penalty...If he could lead his team onto the ice at exactly the right time, he could surely show up for class on time.

The protocol thing is amusing in some way. You see the refs standing off the ice, waiting for the 2:00 mark before the step on the ice, because that's what the protocol says. I did see a set of refs earlier this season not come out until 1:40. They should have been penalized.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
        X