Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
    I have no doubt the UW is a solid team. However, they have had a relatively soft schedule. If they get swept in any of the next 3 weekends they could find themselves watching the NCAAs from home this year. They virtually have no chance to move up in the pairwise in the next 3 series.
    I think the gophers have absolutly no chance of ever getting to the NCAAs again.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Re: MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
      I think the gophers have absolutly no chance of ever getting to the NCAAs again.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        They virtually have no chance to move up in the PWR the next 3 weekends? We play 3 teams that are all TUC's. I think we have a pretty good shot at moving up if we win some games.
        Every team UW plays might be TUC's, but they are all below them in in the Pairwise. Regardless of what happens at the end of the regular season, UW will be a bubble team. The WCHA playoffs will be a critical time for Bucky, the playoffs will be the only opportunity to beat a team that could give them a jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
          Every team UW plays might be TUC's, but they are all below them in in the Pairwise. Regardless of what happens at the end of the regular season, UW will be a bubble team. The WCHA playoffs will be a critical time for Bucky, the playoffs will be the only opportunity to beat a team that could give them a jump.
          That's not really true but ok.

Comment

What? Huh?
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Chuck, Bronzeback just admitted the Gophers are worse than the great Badgers by saying their below us in power. These rodent fans are nothing to waste energy over, save your energy for tomorrow when a cyber brawl will happen.
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

You could not be more wrong. They can flip the comparison with UW this weekend. The problem UW has is you have not beaten many high ranked teams. Denver(1-1) & UMD (1-3) are the only good teams you UW has beat. UM has beat Michigan, North Dakota, & Denver. Bucky has not much they can gain but a great deal they can loose in the remaining schedule.

I am not trying to beat on UW, just saying how it is.

Comment

Bronze I'm just trying to have fun with the greatest rivalry in college hockey, I'll trash talk tomorrow but for know, cheers.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

That's not really true but ok.
                    How is it not true?

Current Pairwise:
                    UW-15t
                    UMN-19t
                    SCSU-26
                    CC-17t

Where is the big bump going to come from? Please explain.

Comment

You could not be more wrong. They can flip the comparison with UW this weekend. The problem UW has is you have not beaten many high ranked teams. Denver(1-1) & UMD (1-3) are the only good teams you UW has beat. UM has beat Michigan, North Dakota, & Denver. Bucky has not much they can gain but a great deal they can loose in the remaining schedule.

I am not trying to beat on UW, just saying how it is.
                      facepalm.

Comment

Chuck, isn't it funny how easily you can annoy rodents.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

facepalm.
                          Give it a couple more...now close your hand and make a fist. Now try it again. That should make that piece of **** work.

Comment

You could not be more wrong. They can flip the comparison with UW this weekend.
                            How does MN flip the comparison with Wisconsin, even with a sweep, this weekend?

Doesn't Wisconsin lead the comparison 3-1 right now? If MN sweeps, it's 3-3, but doesn't everyone assume RPI is the tiebreaker? I haven't done the math, but does a sweep for MN this weekend automatically result in MN making up a pretty substantial deficit in the RPI?
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Chuck, isn't it funny how easily you can annoy rodents.
                              UW fans just have a knack for being annoying. Quite an accomplishment... I guess.

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              How does MN flip the comparison with Wisconsin, even with a sweep, this weekend?

Doesn't Wisconsin lead the comparison 3-1 right now? If MN sweeps, it's 3-3, but doesn't everyone assume RPI is the tiebreaker? I haven't done the math, but does a sweep for MN this weekend automatically result in MN making up a pretty substantial deficit in the RPI?
                              I don't think it can be done this weekend, but the COP could flip depending on the results of the last couple weeks of the season and playoffs. It is certainly possible to flip in the next 2-3 weeks with a sweep.
                              Last edited by Tiggsy; 02-17-2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

We have BSU and Tech remaining. You're going to have SCSU and CC. SCSU may be an easier series but CC isn't. That's for **** sure.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X