Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Aaah, yes. The hairy armpit ploy.
    Those "women" scare me. Don't ask me to go into a corner with any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Don't let him fool you. He went and changed the parameters of the debate without telling anyone again. He sure is a hoot.

Have fun everyone. I'm out.

So we WEREN'T talking about Minnesota players on national championship teams?

And debate? This is competitive banter, nothing more.

I'm starting to think that you don't like me.
      Last edited by Gurtholfin; 02-16-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        But the continued deer smack, thinner references and you can't win without our players remains fresh, right?

Talk about a dead horsey.
        You guys are screwing dead horses now too?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1
          Either you are incredibly lazy, or your reading comprehension sucks.

The poster I was replying to said what makes him happy is for the Badgers to be winning. So obviously he counts more than just national titles.
          But really, that's beside the point I was making.

Interesting that you say a serious fan only counts titles. That means that the vast majority of years your team is irrelevant to you. I'm a serious fan, and I pay attention to a lot more than simply national titles. I'd also much prefer to see MN in the NCAA Tournament than sitting home (not holding my breath this year). But whatever. You can go on thinking last year's Badgers were not worth your time if you want.

I also find it funny that you said these 2 games this weekend don't mean anything to you...unless the Badgers go on to win a title. So if Wisconsin goes on to win the NCAA Tournament, then all of a sudden you will care about what happened this February weekend?
          In the grand scheme of bragging rights, these games will mean virtually nothing. Very short term payoff for the victor.

I enjoyed the ride last year, but you don't hang banners for second place (insert SCSU joke here) and ultimately, they didn't get the job done and worse than that, they didn't seem to show up at all in the championship game.

In terms of these games and their meaning let me give you an example. In 2006, we beat you in the consolation game of the Final Five 4-0. This may be the only result from a Final Five that I can readily recall.

1) That loss put the finishing touches on your team's loss of momentum after your loss to SCSU and sent you on to your fate against Holy Cross.

2) It cemented our status as #1 overall seed and sent us to Green Bay and beyond resulting in, wait for it, a national championship. Do you really think I'd remember that obscure Saturday afternoon game where we won 4-0 if we hadn't gone on to win it all?

I also remember the other 4 matchups with you from that season. Winning it all cements these things in my memory.

Another example, and you're going to love this, but Favre's two victories against us last season were quite painful, but they'd be SO much more painful had he gone on to also win a Super Bowl. And while the Packers and Rodgers beating him twice this year was sweet lemonade on a hot day, they're SO much better because we went on to win the Super Bowl.

These sort of events complete the story. Otherwise the seasons and games tend to run together.

Of course I want to beat you guys. I want to win at tiddily winks if we play each other. But very little is at stake and I'm not all that jacked up about the Gophers coming to town like I would be in years where one of us actually has something big at stake.

Maybe I'm jaded. Maybe I've been at this too long. But the individual series start to blend together and only become memorable when there is jeopardy involved.

EDIT: Where'd your post go?
          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 02-16-2011, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            You guys are screwing dead horses now too?
            When we can find them. Much easier to find deer.

Comment

I deleted it, because I knew it would just entice some bullsnit rambling from you.

You must have been in the middle of that bullsnit rambling when I did.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                I care, but what fun is it to talk about the actual game until about Thursday.
                Must be Thursday already for someone somewhere on the planet!
                "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Maybe I'm jaded. Maybe I've been at this too long. But the individual series start to blend together and only become memorable when there is jeopardy involved.
                  I agree with everything you said. 100%.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I appreciate that. I thought it was one of my only reasoned and serious posts of this entire thread. It's honestly how I feel.

Comment

I agree. Unless something is the hot topic of the day (before or after the series), they all blend in. Granted, I still get more excited for rival games, but it's not like when I first started following college hockey.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I agree. Unless something is the hot topic of the day (before or after the series), they all blend in. Granted, I still get more excited for rival games, but it's not like when I first started following college hockey.
                        I've noticed the same thing. I've been away from here for quite a while and figured getting back into the mix but end up in the middle of this? *hangs head in shame* Looks like I've got some brushing up to do.

Comment

Wisconsin blows.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                            Gopher fans can thump their chests all they like about how so many Minnesota natives there are in NCAA hockey, but what good is it to brag when your own hockey team has sucked for the last 3 years.
                            Obviously, you don't understand the hockey culture in the state of hockey.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Wisconsin blows.
                              North Dakota sucks, and Iowa alternates. I guess that's why MN has so many tornadoes.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                North Dakota sucks, and Iowa alternates. I guess that's why MN has so many tornadoes.
                                Thanks for signing your neg rep.

Comment

Working...
                                X