Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Anyone care about the teams playing this weekend or are we going to keep whipping it out to see who's is bigger?
    I don't care much. I'll pay attention but I'm not very optimistic about my squad anymore.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I care, but what fun is it to talk about the actual game until about Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        I care, but what fun is it to talk about the actual game until about Thursday.
        Ordinarily that may be true, but this thread just isn't living up to the typical standards. Rather disappointing so I am hanging on until tomorrow and hope it turns around.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Finally, we (I, mostly) bring up football because we know it irks you that both the Badgers and the Packers are heads and tails above your teams. Admit it, it bugs you.
          I'll just comment on these parts of your rambling.
          Sorry but that's not true. What bothers me is that you try to hold it over our heads because its all the majority of people care about over there. It is completely pointless when discussing hockey but you constantly bring it up like your football team also plays hockey. If this were a thread in a cafe discussing football, then of course you're well within your rights, but I keep seeing hockey as I look around this thread so why not keep the topic on that? Just a thought.

Deer, thinner, where Tom Gilbert was from... none of that bothers any of us.
          If that were true, why do you keep bringing that up? You've mentioned it at least twice in the last 2 days replying directly to me. It obviously bothers you.

Comment

Finally, we (I, mostly) bring up football because we know it irks you that both the Badgers and the Packers are heads and tails above your teams. Admit it, it bugs you.
            Good God. For the last time, no it does not. What bugs me is that this doesn't sink into your thick skull.

Also, I notice that all of a sudden women's hockey no longer matters to you when adding up Minnesota school championships.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              I believe the original post stated "all" the top end hockey talent, not some. And if I wanted to participate in your dumb exercise in futility, I could realistically come up with a list of top end talent that played for the Gophers which most likely would eclipse your list. The question is: What does it really indicate? Correlating coefficients such as this can only lead to one conclusion: Wisconsin doesn't appear to have any inherent hockey talent within its borders to choose from.
              Nope, I said "athletes", but you can backtrack all you want. And I could care less if Minnesota has more inherent hockey talent over Wisconsin. As long as the Badgers win in the sports I root for, I'm a happy man. Isn't that the whole point, that your school's programs are winning?!? Gopher fans can thump their chests all they like about how so many Minnesota natives there are in NCAA hockey, but what good is it to brag when your own hockey team has sucked for the last 3 years.
              Last edited by sweatpants; 02-16-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                Nope, I said "athletes", but you can backtrack all you want. And I could care less if Minnesota has more inherent hockey talent over Wisconsin. As long as the Badgers win in the sports I root for, I'm a happy man. Isn't that the whole point, that your school's programs are winning?!? Gopher fans can thump their chests all they like about how so many Minnesota natives there are in NCAA hockey, but what good is it to brag when your own hockey team has sucked for the last 3 years.
                I think it says quite a lot for the quality of a program when you define "sucked" as you do for the Gophers. Over the last few years they were an average team who with a few more quality wins had a shot at making the NCAAs (yes this includes the 7th place finish). So they were still likely near a top 25 or so program. But such greatness is constantly expected even by our rivals so anything less = sucks. Yes they are in a down cycle, no one can deny that. But they are still able to pull off victories over top notch opposition every so often even when they "suck".

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Also, I notice that all of a sudden women's hockey no longer matters to you when adding up Minnesota school championships.
                  Why would it? Minnesota and Wisconsin both have 3 and if you only include NCAA titles Wisconsin has one more.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Why would it? Minnesota and Wisconsin both have 3 and if you only include NCAA titles Wisconsin has one more.
                    Maybe Duluth was included in the women's discussion. Then it's not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                      Maybe Duluth was included in the women's discussion. Then it's not even close.
                      Aaah, I missed that. Duluth has owned that. Although give Wisconsin some credit they're a huge power and they could have went the other way with it.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                        Careful. If MN takes 3 points this weekend, they will be 1 point behind the Badgers in the league standings with easier opponents for the final 2 weeks of WCHA play. The 2 teams will also likely be within spitting distance of each other in the PWR.

Comment

Aaah, I missed that. Duluth has owned that. Although give Wisconsin some credit they're a huge power and they could have went the other way with it.
                          Ahhh, but we were talking about the effect of having Minnesota born players on a roster, which Duluth, traditionally has not.

Now if we were talking about Euro manly women...

Comment

Ahhh, but we were talking about the effect of having Minnesota born players on a roster, which Duluth, traditionally has not.

Now if we were talking about Euro manly women...
                            Aaah, yes. The hairy armpit ploy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                              Careful. If MN takes 3 points this weekend, they will be 1 point behind the Badgers in the league standings with easier opponents for the final 2 weeks of WCHA play. The 2 teams will also likely be within spitting distance of each other in the PWR.
                              I think that you guys are not quite living up to expectations (other than Scooby of course, this is EXACTLY what he expected) and we are somewhat exceeding them.

That said, neither is likely to make much noise this year if either of us makes the tourney and I believe that serious fans for both programs really only count titles.

Sure, I'd like for our team to make it and have our young players get that experience as it could pay dividends down the road. Of course I want to send you guys home 4 points further behind and potentially end you chances short of the autobid.

But if we don't win a title these victories (or losses) won't mean anything to me.

Nothing big is at stake this weekend. imho
                              Last edited by Gurtholfin; 02-16-2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Aaah, yes. The hairy armpit ploy.
                                Don't let him fool you. He went and changed the parameters of the debate without telling anyone again. He sure is a hoot.

Have fun everyone. I'm out.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X