Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    I just checked BC and you are correct no Minnesotans on their roster which means no championships. ;P
    They had one a couple of years ago (by checking their roster), Carl Sneep from Brainerd High School. That was 2008-2009 season. I think BC would like to forget that season.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
      They had one a couple of years ago (by checking their roster), Carl Sneep from Brainerd High School. That was 2008-2009 season. I think BC would like to forget that season.
      Sneep was the only Minnesotan on last year's BC roster, and one of only two on BC's '08 Title team (Joe Adams being the other) and the only one to actually play in the '08 Title game (Adams only played in a handful of games).
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Sneep was the only Minnesotan on last year's BC roster, and one of only two on BC's '08 Title team (Joe Adams being the other) and the only one to actually play in the '08 Title game (Adams only played in a handful of games).
        Even better. Thanks for proving 4four4's point.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
          Even better. Thanks for proving 4four4's point.
          I never disputed it???

What I said, is that BC does not have any Minnesotan's on their roster this year...therefore they cannot win the National Title.
          North Dakota

Comment

I never disputed it???

What I said, is that BC does not have any Minnesotan's on their roster this year...therefore they cannot win the National Title.
            Maybe they can. Only 3 of the top 10 scorers in the WCHA are Minnesotans. That's staggering considering the majority of WCHA are by far from Minnesota.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Actually, just did a quick check in BC's media guide, and there were zero Minnesotan's on the '49 National Champions.
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Maybe they can. Only 3 of the top 10 scorers in the WCHA are Minnesotans. That's staggering considering the majority of WCHA are by far from Minnesota.
                I think you need to exclude all the Canadians eh... since they're not a real country anyways so they don't count. Once you do that, it looks much better.

Comment

Not even close.

Only 102 total Minnesotans in the entire WCHA, out of 321. While a plurality, it's only about 32% (almost 42% of the schools in the conference are in Minnesota) of the players in total. The majority (almost 75%) of that 102 total play for the 5 Minnesota schools. If you look at the 7 non-Minnesota schools that percentage dips below 15%. In fact, for the non-Minnesota schools, there are only 27 Minnesotans on the rosters. That averages to a little less than 4/non-Minnesota school. That might explain why only 3 are in the top 10...fewer Minnesotans playing in the WCHA.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Not even close.

Only 102 total Minnesotans in the entire WCHA, out of 321. While a plurality, it's only about 32% (almost 42% of the schools in the conference are in Minnesota) of the players in total. The majority (almost 75%) of that 102 total play for the 5 Minnesota schools. If you look at the 7 non-Minnesota schools that percentage dips below 15%. In fact, for the non-Minnesota schools, there are only 27 Minnesotans on the rosters. That averages to a little less than 4/non-Minnesota school. That might explain why only 3 are in the top 10...fewer Minnesotans playing in the WCHA.
                    I stand corrected. I was too lazy to look and made an educated assumption.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Actually, just did a quick check in BC's media guide, and there were zero Minnesotan's on the '49 National Champions.
                      Well, obviously that one doesn't count then. I am currently writing up a proposal to the BC AD suggesting that they forfeit that particular title to the University of Minnesota.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

I stand corrected. I was too lazy to look and made an educated assumption.
                        I think 10 years ago you would have been correct. I was a little surprised at how low the number was.
                        North Dakota

Comment

If you look back at history, schools winning national championships have at least one Minnesota player on their roster. Otherwise, they don't win virtually anything. No other state can say that.
                          Right on cue...

Comment

Anyone care about the teams playing this weekend or are we going to keep whipping it out to see who's is bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              Anyone care about the teams playing this weekend or are we going to keep whipping it out to see who's is bigger?
                              I will only pull out enough to win.
                              I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
                              -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

If you look back at history, schools winning national championships have at least one Minnesota player on their roster. Otherwise, they don't win virtually anything. No other state can say that.
                                Okay, I'll bite...

• Also looking back at history, of all the NCAA titles in D-1 hockey, Minnesota schools have 5 total titles, all at U of M. (I believe although too lazy to check, but can't remember anyone else having one. )

• These schools have (and have had) rosters built primarily of Minnesota raised players.

• Despite this, they have a very small percentage of total titles won.

• So I put forth that it's the programs that make these kids into champions, not the kids making the programs into champions.

• If I was wrong on this, your in state schools would have a much higher percentage of national titles won.

Now tell me where I'm wrong.

As a footnote, no one outside of Minnesota cares where their players come from as we know that it's our program(s) that get results over the long run, not the home state (or country) of the kids playing for us.

Second footnote: Texas & Florida could probably make that same silly argument in football and still, no one would really care.

Finally, we (I, mostly) bring up football because we know it irks you that both the Badgers and the Packers are heads and tails above your teams. Admit it, it bugs you.

Deer, thinner, where Tom Gilbert was from... none of that bothers any of us.

There Chuck. It's settled. OURS is bigger.

On to the games... Badgers Sweep!

Comment

Working...
                                X