Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feb. 12 Scores: Someone break up the Rowdy Crowd, Oz home again, Cadets visit Spa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Feb. 12 Scores: Someone break up the Rowdy Crowd, Oz home again, Cadets visit Spa

Congrats to Lakers Women's Hockey team who upset #1 RIT 2-1.

Also, dear Hockey Gods, please don't have us face Buff St. or Morrisville in the SUNYAC playoffs. Hot goalies give me heartburn.

Finally, Mr. Carey, I was looking at it objectively. I didn't say Beckwith sucks, or that he should be pulled. I asked him to use his glove a little more effectively. Considering three goals came from poor glove play, I'd say it was a reasonable request.
    Benjamin Amey
    WTOP 10 News Director 2008-2009
    Oswego State Lakers
    Laker Lowdown Anchor

Comment

• Re: Feb. 12 Scores: Someone break up the Rowdy Crowd, Oz home again, Cadets visit Spa

Final

Neumann-3
      Utica-1

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
        First Round is Wed 3/9, Quarters are Sat 3/12, Frozen Four 3/25-26.

Edit: That schedule is according to the Oswego website.
        This is correct. Remember, the final weekend was moved out a week at the last minute, so that's why none of the other schedules were changed and there is a two-week gap between the quarterfinals and semifinals.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by OSUBamey View Post
          Scratch this. Nothing to see here. Nevermind.
          Last edited by Hammer; 02-12-2011, 08:14 PM.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

First Round is Wed 3/9, Quarters are Sat 3/12, Frozen Four 3/25-26.

Edit: That schedule is according to the Oswego website.
            And here is what I think about that.

Finally, Mr. Carey, I was looking at it objectively. I didn't say Beckwith sucks, or that he should be pulled. I asked him to use his glove a little more effectively. Considering three goals came from poor glove play, I'd say it was a reasonable request.
            I'm just having a little fun, try not to take it so hard.
            2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
            2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
            2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
            Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

SUNYAC standings stay the same after tonight:

1. Oswego
              2. Geneseo
              3. Buff St
              3. Morrisville
              5. Plattsburgh
              6. Fredonia

Comment

But, nonetheless, the panic will start in 'wego.

Oddly enough, the way the NCAA criteria work, it is far better to lose to an unranked team than to a ranked team
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I was just wondering if anyone saw it better, was the 5th Morrisville goal actually through the legs of Beckwith? WTOP said it was but I could not tell and it appeared as though Beckwith was down on the ice to prevent that?

By the way...absolutely great goal tending by Relkoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
                    Did the NCAA ever say WHY they moved the dates for the semis back a week. Why the 2 week break all of a sudden?

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post

Oddly enough, the way the NCAA criteria work, it is far better to lose to an unranked team than to a ranked team
                      If we lose to Brockport, I'll start panicking. Cortland is hot right now and nobody give the Mustangs (or Relkoff, for that matter) the credit they deserve. I wanted the Lakers to win, obviously, but I had a bad feeling going into this game. Morrisville seems to use us as their measuring stick, and they always play up to us/we always play down to them. I was there two years ago when they tied it with 1.5 seconds to go to get the point. I was there when they jumped all over us 3-0 last year. How people in Oz (looking at TOP analysts and Oz players) wrote off this game as a gimme is beyond me.
                      Benjamin Amey
                      Oswego State Lakers
                      Laker Lowdown Anchor

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        This is correct. Remember, the final weekend was moved out a week at the last minute, so that's why none of the other schedules were changed and there is a two-week gap between the quarterfinals and semifinals.
                        When did they make that sked change? I had it my head so long that FF was 3/18-3/19 that I bought tix for USA-ARG at the Meadowlands that night.
                        MJBeckman
                        Oswego '93
                        Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
                        1991-1993
                        2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy8174 View Post
                          I was just wondering if anyone saw it better, was the 5th Morrisville goal actually through the legs of Beckwith? WTOP said it was but I could not tell and it appeared as though Beckwith was down on the ice to prevent that?

It was very hard to tell from the WTOP angle, but it LOOKED like the puck trickled in between his legs. And you're right. Relkoff was amazing tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy8174 View Post

I caught it on the replay, puck went five hole on him and was in the back corner of the net before the net came off. Good call by the officials on that one. Can't say the same for other calls tonight.
                            Benjamin Amey
                            Oswego State Lakers
                            Laker Lowdown Anchor

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post

Better to lose in February when you can live to play another day than in March when your time is up....
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Did the NCAA ever say WHY they moved the dates for the semis back a week. Why the 2 week break all of a sudden?
                                D1 women's final four in the same rink/area the previously scheduled weekend, I think?
                                2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
                                2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
                                2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
                                Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Working...
                                X