Cornell@RPI- WHITEOUT Saturday 2/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell@RPI- WHITEOUT Saturday 2/12

RPI (and Cornell for that matter) try to salvage the weekend woth the Annual whiteout, gametime 3:30... GO WHITE
    Last edited by NYhockeyguy; 02-11-2011, 11:42 PM.
    RIT Tigers
    2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
    2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Re: Cornell@RPI- WHITEOUT Saturday 2/12

2010-11
    Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         6- 0- 3 15 points  .833
    fr joe             7- 2- 1 15 points  .750
    burgie12           3- 0- 0  6 points 1.000
    jericho            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    rpihockeyfan13     1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    engineerhockeyfan  1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    Waite21            0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    GRussinko          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 1- 0  0 points  .000

Cumulative 2003-4 - 2010-11 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    fr joe            23-25- 6 52 points  .481
    Ralph Baer        19-22- 8 45 points  .470
    engineerhockeyfan 15-18- 4 34 points  .459
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    GRussinko          7-13- 1 15 points  .357
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    DrDemento          3-11- 3  9 points  .265
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
    jericho            3- 5- 0  6 points  .375
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    NYhockeyguy        1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Will RPI play like they have most saturday nights? i sure hope so. They just do not seem to get the wheels in motion on fridays. This one now takes on some urgency. We don't ever seem to make it easy on ourselves.
      Last edited by DrDemento; 02-12-2011, 11:49 AM.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Another bad Friday night game.
        Saturday has been our best day for hockey, and we have been very good in afternoon contests. Lets hope that trend continues.
        Cornell will not be easy after losing last night, so we are going to have to be at our best.
        Last night we came out and played well physically, but our mental approach seemed to be lacking. Passes were not crisp, and when they reached there target, they were not received well. I don't know if the ice was a facter, but we had a lot of bouncing pucks jumping over sticks at inopportune times.
        A little puck luck would be helpful.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

I just can't figure out why we always play flat on Friday's. I hope there were some broken water coolers or sticks or chairs in their lockeroom after last nights game because their total effort last night was, P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

It's Saturday, let's get two big points! Go Red! Cornell should be smarting, too... Union held them to 9 shots on goal last night.
            Here we come!

Comment

After listening to last night's DEBACLE of listless play with no fire/hunger to win, even when they had the chance to put the game away (5x3 PP), here's to hoping they come to play tonight and show they are worthy of their national ranking and could make a post-season run for the first time in YEARS.

Did the team girlfriends all show up on campus Friday morning or something? Geez...

Would like to see York back in net tonight, but I think Merriam played well despite the poor D in front of him and lack of the potent offense we have seen from RPI in other games this season.

Comment

So Cornell had 9 SOG last night. Will this afternoons game turn into baseball's version of a "pitchers duel" (which usually winds up 9-8). I see that Cornell's Dan Nicholls received a Game DQ last night. At 19:20 of the 3rd I guess it turned into Boston vs Montreal or if anyone saw last nights Islander/Pitt game. Hope some of these minor problems from last night are rectified this afternoon; the video that plays before start of the game....plays before the start of the game, the shot-clock is turned on before 3-4 minutes have been played (although we may not need it for today), the horn blows after we score...not 15 seconds after, when the video plays before the start of the 3rd both bands stop playing. There was no live video stream during game as there was 2 weeks ago....is this why there was no video replay of the dissallowed goal? Yeah, you could say I'm still peeved over last night....but it is the most fun I've had at HFH in the last 6 years.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Hopefully we actually show up to play tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Hopefully we actually show up to play tonight.
                    I'm sure it's just a natural slip but we are Playing at 3:30....NHL Network Game

Comment

Despite the fiasco from yesterday evening, we are still in great shape in the PWR. A win today could knock Cornell out as a TUC and would also do nice things for our own RPI rating. Let's put last night behind us and totally out of our minds, and get started on our 4th 5+ game unbeaten streak of the season!

Comment

Today's opponents both lost games they really wanted to win last night, and scored a total of one goal between the two of them.

I'm expecting both coaches to tell their forwards to keep driving to the net, and their defensemen to pinch in whenever they think it might create a scoring opportunity.

And if they do all that, today's game will probably end up 8-6. I won't jinx anybody by trying to predict who will have the 8.

I won't be able to be on the computer while the game is in progress. Take good notes, everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          I'm sure it's just a natural slip but we are Playing at 3:30....NHL Network Game
                          It's on TV, so I doubt it will be done before 6PM.

Comment

lines are out but I'm getting last nights RPI lines, here's Cornell's http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...910.pdf?id=955

Comment

I'm leaving soon, but I need that quote from Ned Harkness from when he moved to coach Cornell. Don't know if it was Ralph or DrD who had it, but I need it.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                              X