BU to Host 2011 Women's Hockey East Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU to Host 2011 Women's Hockey East Tournament

It was announced during the game tonight that BU will host the 2011 Women’s Hockey East Tournament on 5 & 6 March at Walter Brown Arena. This is a surprise as BU and BC are still fighting for the regular season crown, but it turns out that BC has a conflict that weekend with a men’s basketball game on 6 March.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Re: BU to Host 2011 Women's Hockey East Tournament

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    It was announced during the game tonight that BU will host the 2011 Women’s Hockey East Tournament on 5 & 6 March at Walter Brown Arena. This is a surprise as BU and BC are still fighting for the regular season crown, but it turns out that BC has a conflict that weekend with a men’s basketball game on 6 March.

Sean
    Typical for BC women. Given the same situation with Jerry York and the mens team, do you think the men would be playing elsewhere. ABSOLUTELY NOT ! Two years ago when BC women were fighting with UNH for the top spot it was the same situation. Because of a conflict, if BC had won the conference, the tournament would still be held at UNH. That is what happens when you are tenant # 4, it is about time that somebody take into consideration that BC women just might win the title some year and arrange the schedule at Conte accordingly, obviously the coach has no influence.

Comment

Originally posted by WFR View Post
      Typical for BC women. Given the same situation with Jerry York and the mens team, do you think the men would be playing elsewhere. ABSOLUTELY NOT ! Two years ago when BC women were fighting with UNH for the top spot it was the same situation. Because of a conflict, if BC had won the conference, the tournament would still be held at UNH. That is what happens when you are tenant # 4, it is about time that somebody take into consideration that BC women just might win the title some year and arrange the schedule at Conte accordingly, obviously the coach has no influence.
      i have to disagree, men's basketball rules in most if not all cases..........good question though

Comment

It's all about the cake...if women's hockey had a national TV contract like BC does with the ACC, then they would get Conte.....someday it might happen but not in our lifetimes

Comment

It was announced Tuesday during the Women's Beanpot that tickets for the 2011 tournament will go on sale Friday, 18 February. You will be able to purchase the tickets online through TicketMaster or at the Agganis box office. They also had a phone number to call, but I didn't pay close attention. It's probably the standard TicketMaster number.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by WFR View Post
            Sterlippo is right ACC sets the schedule, even men's hockey has to revolve around it.

That being said, BC women have averaged 217 people at home games (outside of Beanpot, there were 3 where attendance wasn't listed).

They've had 1952 people total in the 9 dates listed, the men's basketball game will get ~2.5-3x that for just the game. Demand sets the market.

This isn't to demean what the women have done, I went to several over my four years, it's just the way it is.

Comment

Ticket On Sale Now

I'm not sure if I misheard or misremembered, but tickets for the 2011 Championship went on sale today.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Working...
              X