X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1 - #58

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
    And it wouldn't be a USCHO thread involving UND and Minnesota if you didn't have a gripe about it!

Fun read FS23. Thanks for the enjoyment.
    Minnesota had 22 winning seasons, including an 18-0 undefeated and National Championship year before UND claims they even began playing varsity. I noticed that none of that was included, but then, it is what I expected from a sue fan who started out with the premise that the sue were going to be higher. if you truly went "all time", UND isn't number 2.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      Minnesota had 22 winning seasons, including an 18-0 undefeated and National Championship year before UND claims they even began playing varsity. I noticed that none of that was included, but then, it is what I expected from a sue fan who started out with the premise that the sue were going to be higher. if you truly went "all time", UND isn't number 2.
      It was all included Happy. Every Minnesota season was included. I understand it is difficult for you to accept, but it is the truth. All-Time, according to my formula, North Dakota ranks #2, while Minnesota is #3.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Develop your own ranking using your own criteria. Post it. It would be read with the same interest, dicussion, and criticism as every other ranking system that has been posted.
        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Develop your own ranking using your own criteria. Post it. It would be read with the same interest, dicussion, and criticism as every other ranking system that has been posted.
          It would never happen... happy is as unproductive and lazy as the team he roots for.

Comment

{sigh}
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
              It would never happen... happy is as unproductive and lazy as the team he roots for.
              We did win two NC in the last decade, and you didn't. I guess that makes UND lazier.

Comment

OK Very simple formula.

Each National Championship is worth 1 point. Each National Championship runner up is worth half a point. Each Hobey Baker Award is worth 1 point. Each undefeated season is worth 1 point. Team that has won more head to head worth 1 point.

Minnesota is at 14 to 16 points, depending on how you want to count their pre-ncaa championships, and UND has 11.5 points.

See, that was easy.

Oh, and I am too lazy to see where Michigan is at, but I think someone will figure it out.
                Last edited by Happy; 02-19-2011, 10:56 PM.

Comment

*****http://www.perfumezilla.com/images_product/calvin-klein-obsession-eau-toilette-spray9510.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                    *****http://www.perfumezilla.com/images_product/calvin-klein-obsession-eau-toilette-spray9510.jpg******
                    That's a pretty harsh thing to direct to FS 23, but he deserves it.

Comment

That's a pretty harsh thing to direct to FS 23, but he deserves it.
                      *****http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/funny-pictures-cat-is-stupid.jpg******

Comment

Since this thread was supposed to be somewhat serious, and it has dived into the crazy, I think it might be time to end it. It was a lot of fun doing the research for this, and the time spent was worth it. At the end of the day it is just a formula, people are going to believe that programs should be ranked in a certain way regardless of what the formula says. I'm glad many of you enjoyed it, and it was a fun, albeit quick, week. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them and, as always, I'll do my best to respond. I'll be updating the list at the end of each season, so look for the new rankings probably within a week or two of the Frozen Four wrapping up. Again, thank you everyone for all the fun banter back and forth.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          Since this thread was supposed to be somewhat serious, and it has dived into the crazy, I think it might be time to end it. It was a lot of fun doing the research for this, and the time spent was worth it. At the end of the day it is just a formula, people are going to believe that programs should be ranked in a certain way regardless of what the formula says. I'm glad many of you enjoyed it, and it was a fun, albeit quick, week. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them and, as always, I'll do my best to respond. I'll be updating the list at the end of each season, so look for the new rankings probably within a week or two of the Frozen Four wrapping up. Again, thank you everyone for all the fun banter back and forth.
                          I can't imagine the time it took to put together this project, but I hope it was a labor of love. I think that almost everyone that visited this thread really did enjoy even if they didn't post to that effect. It stimulated some great discussion as any great thread deserving a hall of fame nod should. It's a shame that an @-hole like happy has to come along at the end and crap on it because his feelings were hurt, the North Dakota envy must be really making him squirm this year. Thanks for all the effort and can't wait to see where UND sits next year after winning #8....

Comment

OK Very simple formula.

Each National Championship is worth 1 point. Each National Championship runner up is worth half a point. Each Hobey Baker Award is worth 1 point. Each undefeated season is worth 1 point. Team that has won more head to head worth 1 point.

Minnesota is at 14 to 16 points, depending on how you want to count their pre-ncaa championships, and UND has 11.5 points.

See, that was easy.

Oh, and I am too lazy to see where Michigan is at, but I think someone will figure it out.
                            That is a surprisingly fair point system. See I would assume you would have docked UND for having over aged Canadians. Job well done!
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Lots of good work!
                              Although I pegged DU at #4.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

great job, thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X