X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1 - #58

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    Probably, but then again we know our place in the world of hockey, accept it and move on... unlike (ahem) some other HE schools.
    the "some other HE school" is i'm guessing #7 or #8 JC ..............good stuff Fighting Sioux23 , must have been an arduous task and a labor of love at the same time. i'm looking forward to more today

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      the "some other HE school" is i'm guessing #7 or #8 JC ..............good stuff Fighting Sioux23 , must have been an arduous task and a labor of love at the same time. i'm looking forward to more today
      I think that 7-8 would be about right. And well deserved, in my original post I was not referring to you ....just to clarify. :-)
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        I think that 7-8 would be about right. And well deserved, in my original post I was not referring to you ....just to clarify. :-)
        ahhh, ok. good win last night BTW. where was THAT team all year?

Comment

Great effort here, but why wouldnt you wait to do this at the end of the year pending this year's results? I only say this because if a team that has never won a NC actually wins one this season, I'd imagine it would increase their standing in a list such as this. Anyhow, great job.
          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Before, any team that made the NCAA tourney became an automatic Team Under Consideration. Holy cross had a decent record that year and was pretty high in the pwr (high enough), but otherwise would have had trouble making the field if they lost the AH champ game.... EXCEPT that by bentley winning the conf and becoming a TUC, HC would benefit because they had beaten them every game that season except the would be final. When you added that newfound 4-1-0 to their tuc record they would have won quite a few comparisons and made the tourney as an at large team.

I found this out using the "you be the cmte" feature that pops up here at tourney time. Guessing who wins and seeing the final outcome on pwr. We talked about it for a couple days on the boards and all. At first we had doubts, but I was confident I went through all potential outcomes.

Then a couple days later, old uscho hack Adam wodon writes a column about His Finding! NCAA goes on to tweak the rules so this doesn't happen again (need to be over .500 to be a tuc, no upgrade for conf qualiers). -and I got swept to the scrap pile of history
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
              Great effort here, but why wouldnt you wait to do this at the end of the year pending this year's results? I only say this because if a team that has never won a NC actually wins one this season, I'd imagine it would increase their standing in a list such as this. Anyhow, great job.
              I talked a little earlier as far as why I am releasing this now, but on your point of a new team winning, my formula would allow me to input that data relatively quickly and I could update the list on an ongoing basis. I actually plan on doing this anyway and putting out an update at the end of each year.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                I talked a little earlier as far as why I am releasing this now, but on your point of a new team winning, my formula would allow me to input that data relatively quickly and I could update the list on an ongoing basis. I actually plan on doing this anyway and putting out an update at the end of each year.
                Sweet. Looking forward to the top 10! Be kind to Brown.
                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                  Sweet. Looking forward to the top 10! Be kind to Brown.
                  Brown has some good history, they'll be okay .

#54 will be released shortly...
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Before, any team that made the NCAA tourney became an automatic Team Under Consideration. Holy cross had a decent record that year and was pretty high in the pwr (high enough), but otherwise would have had trouble making the field if they lost the AH champ game.... EXCEPT that by bentley winning the conf and becoming a TUC, HC would benefit because they had beaten them every game that season except the would be final. When you added that newfound 4-1-0 to their tuc record they would have won quite a few comparisons and made the tourney as an at large team.

I found this out using the "you be the cmte" feature that pops up here at tourney time. Guessing who wins and seeing the final outcome on pwr. We talked about it for a couple days on the boards and all. At first we had doubts, but I was confident I went through all potential outcomes.

Then a couple days later, old uscho hack Adam wodon writes a column about His Finding! NCAA goes on to tweak the rules so this doesn't happen again (need to be over .500 to be a tuc, no upgrade for conf qualiers). -and I got swept to the scrap pile of history
                    Thank you for the in depth explanation. I remember at the time that Wodon had "borrowed" it from one of our posters. Perhaps going forward we can call it "Mookie's Bentley Rule"
                    North Dakota

Comment

*****http://www.undhockey.net/shu.jpg******

Sacred Heart continues our string of programs that have yet to make the NCAA Tournament. While the Pioneers have struggled on the ice for much of their existence, they managed to get their first AHCA All-American last season, when Nick Johnson made the 2nd Team from the East. While Sacred Heart has struggled so far this season, if they can right the ship and make an NCAA Tournament or two in the coming years, perhaps they will be able to move further up on the list.

#54 Sacred Heart - 0.1703 Points
                      #55 Bentley - .0279 points
                      #56 Robert Morris - .0245 points
                      #57 Canisius - .0205 points
                      #58 American International - .0061 points
                      North Dakota

Comment

*****http://www.undhockey.net/uconn.jpg******

We're down to the final 3 teams that have yet to make an NCAA Tournament. UConn falls at #53. The Huskies had a long history at the D-III level before moving up to D-1. Since the move, success has been difficult to find. Connecticut hasn't had a winning season since their first two years at the D-1 level. On top of that, they have the worst record against NCAA Title winning programs, only winning roughly 5% of their games against that competition. Perhaps if UConn can turn it around, they can get more exposure and more talent into the program. For the time being...their 53rd.

#53 UConn - 0.1921 Points
                        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

-and I got swept to the scrap pile of history
                          never! hadn't know about that, very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            Thank you for the in depth explanation. I remember at the time that Wodon had "borrowed" it from one of our posters. Perhaps going forward we can call it "Mookie's Bentley Rule"
                            i always preferred the "mookie rule". but i'll share.

as long as they don't call you needle dikc
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

*****http://www.undhockey.net/union.jpg******

Well, we finally get our first "Big 4" conference member. Union College has yet to make an NCAA Tournament, but that looks to change this year. The Dutchmen are looking to set a program record for D-1 wins in a season, and are currently slated to be a #2 seed in the NCAA Tournament. If Union keeps this up, they might be one of the big jumpers this offseason. For now though, Union comes in at #52.

#52 Union - 0.6174 points
                              #53 UConn - 0.1921 Points
                              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                where was THAT team all year?
                                Well they were around early in the season, but after some tough losses confidence hit all time lows, knuckles turned white and it was a rough time. A few wins against fellow basement dwellers seem to have given them some confidence as well as a bit of wind in their sails. You can have talent but if you are going through the motions.... well you look like... well UVM a month ago. Amazing what a little puck luck and some effort will get you. Besides, it helps that its 2011 and PC is giving away hockey east points and Timmay has ME playing HIS game.
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X