BU @ UMass Amherst 2/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU @ UMass Amherst 2/11

Just realized there wasn't a game thread. Any thoughts or discussion? Anyone making trek out there? I'm planning on it.

Re: BU @ UMass Amherst 2/11

yes, will have the "f--- BU" counter going.
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
      yes, will have the "f--- BU" counter going.
      Haha, gotta love UMass. Can't wait to go back again this year.
      What are the chances you guys have a post-Beanpot hangover? Even with one of those I can't see you losing to a team that just gave up 16 goals last weekend...
      Boston College '12
      1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Did I see this one is on TV tonight, not NESN, some other channel that I hope I get on the DTV sports package? So glad my son's bball team drew the Friday night slot for games...DVR time again. Here's hoping we take out some frustration on UMass.
        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Yes, it is on CBS-CS
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Here's my game preview. We'll also be live blogging for anyone not going.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Yes, it is on CBS-CS
              I've said this before, I greatly prefer CBS-CS to NESN. HD wherever they go, nice little stories about each team (A Day in teh Life of York when BC played BU), and pretty good announcing.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                Here's my game preview. We'll also be live blogging for anyone not going.
                FL, I appreciate the blog you guys have created. I think it is a great resource for BU fans and for college hockey fans in general. With that being said, and I'm sure many other people here agree with me, the inane, and in some cases complete BS, comments made by "anonymous" people really detract from the site. I'm sure these comments are left by the same three or four BC fans with whom we're all very familiar. Is there any way you can set it so that real names and e-mail addresses are required in order to sign in? People reading the comments don't necessarily need that information, but the lack of anonymity will generally keep these cowards who hide behind the anonymity from posting the bull**** that clogs up the site. If you can't do that, don't be afraid to just delete them if you feel so inclined - no one will hold it against you as most of these comments have zero legitimate discussion value.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  FL, I appreciate the blog you guys have created. I think it is a great resource for BU fans and for college hockey fans in general. With that being said, and I'm sure many other people here agree with me, the inane, and in some cases complete BS, comments made by "anonymous" people really detract from the site. I'm sure these comments are left by the same three or four BC fans with whom we're all very familiar. Is there any way you can set it so that real names and e-mail addresses are required in order to sign in? People reading the comments don't necessarily need that information, but the lack of anonymity will generally keep these cowards who hide behind the anonymity from posting the bull**** that clogs up the site. If you can't do that, don't be afraid to just delete them if you feel so inclined - no one will hold it against you as most of these comments have zero legitimate discussion value.
                  Yeah, it's something I've been thinking about and actually meant to discuss with Jake, Sam and Arielle. Consider this a reminder to myself to ask them tomorrow. There are a few reasons I haven't done it yet. The first is that I'm worried there will be some good commenters who won't register. I know it's not hard or time-consuming to register, but I'm sure there would be people who see that and just click away. The second is that I want to censor the blog as little as possible. It's easy to not allow distasteful comments, but where do you draw the line? Block any comments that are critical of BU or Parker? I definitely don't want to do that. Block comments that repeat earlier sentiments? How many times does something have to be posted before it becomes block worthy? I want everyone from all sides to feel free to comment, so it's tough to determine where that line is between having a strong opinion and being a troll. Lastly, and most selfishly, all this commenting has caused our page views to skyrocket. How many viewers would we drive away by making people register?
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Yeah, it's something I've been thinking about and actually meant to discuss with Jake, Sam and Arielle. Consider this a reminder to myself to ask them tomorrow. There are a few reasons I haven't done it yet. The first is that I'm worried there will be some good commenters who won't register. I know it's not hard or time-consuming to register, but I'm sure there would be people who see that and just click away. The second is that I want to censor the blog as little as possible. It's easy to not allow distasteful comments, but where do you draw the line? Block any comments that are critical of BU or Parker? I definitely don't want to do that. Block comments that repeat earlier sentiments? How many times does something have to be posted before it becomes block worthy? I want everyone from all sides to feel free to comment, so it's tough to determine where that line is between having a strong opinion and being a troll. Lastly, and most selfishly, all this commenting has caused our page views to skyrocket. How many viewers would we drive away by making people register?
                    I understand it's a rock and a hard place situation you all have here. I agree censorship would be a very bad idea, and the blog would lose some credibility if it didn't allow fair criticism of the team and coaches. However, of late I agree with 84 that there really has been a rise in utter nonsense and reading through the live blogs, which I like to do sometimes after seeing a game, is a bit tedious, having to wade through the loads of irrelevant and offpoint garbage that's there from some commenters. Keep up the great work, hopefully you can find a resolution that cuts down on the BS but maintains the integrity of your work. FWIW, I'd register.
                    time to write new history

Comment

Mentally I just replace "anonymous" with Tony the Tiger & Onion Man... Makes the comments section read quite smoothly
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

LOL. Someone neg repped me for that last post and apparently thinks I'm the commenter quackquack over on our blog. Nice try, doofus.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          I've said this before, I greatly prefer CBS-CS to NESN. HD wherever they go, nice little stories about each team (A Day in teh Life of York when BC played BU), and pretty good announcing.
                          Ya, except they've showed the same piece on BU in every game I've seen on that channel. Why not get some new material on BU instead of the same old thing?

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          I'm sure these comments are left by the same three or four BC fans with whom we're all very familiar.
                          You're sure of this? Please give me some winning lottery numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Plus with CBS-CS, there's always plenty of "jam".
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

LOL. Someone neg repped me for that last post and apparently thinks I'm the commenter quackquack over on our blog. Nice try, doofus.
                              Me too!

Comment

Working...
                              X