Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU @ UMass Amherst 2/11

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    LOL. Someone neg repped me for that last post and apparently thinks I'm the commenter quackquack over on our blog. Nice try, doofus.
    I also got neg repped, but it said good point. Someone had a bad night last night.
    time to write new history

Comment

Re: Comments- We've decided to keep things as is. Most other news sites allow all kinds of comments through, including anonymous ones, and we think that's a good thing. We don't want to make people have to register. And using our discretion to try and pick out trolls enters a real grey area. The only comments that will be blocked are those that are vulgar or clearly distasteful, which is what we've been doing anyway. We don't think comments, good or bad, have any effect on our work or on how readers view the blog.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Re: Comments- We've decided to keep things as is. Most other news sites allow all kinds of comments through, including anonymous ones, and we think that's a good thing. We don't want to make people have to register. And using our discretion to try and pick out trolls enters a real grey area. The only comments that will be blocked are those that are vulgar or clearly distasteful, which is what we've been doing anyway. We don't think comments, good or bad, have any effect on our work or on how readers view the blog.
        Comments are good as long as they foster some type of intelligent exchange, but that is not the case there.

Some of those comments on there are so obvious that they came from some of the BC fans from this message board.I can almost guess who did each one!

Comment

Are we talking about comments at the end of articles, or comments in the live blog? My thoughts earlier were on the live blog comments, personally, I couldn't care less about comments after an article, because the reader isn't forced to read them. It was the ones in the live blog, which the reader is forced to read that I commented on, weeding out the real stuff from the BS at times can be a bit annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
            Are we talking about comments at the end of articles, or comments in the live blog? My thoughts earlier were on the live blog comments, personally, I couldn't care less about comments after an article, because the reader isn't forced to read them. It was the ones in the live blog, which the reader is forced to read that I commented on, weeding out the real stuff from the BS at times can be a bit annoying.
            Ah. I'm talking about the comments on articles. We do more censoring on the live blog for exactly the reason you just mentioned- it bogs things down too much. Not just for the readers, but also for us while we're trying to work. If there's a live blog commenter who is clearly contributing nothing but garbage, I'll just ban them. Then I don't have to worry about approving their comments any more and readers don't have to worry about navigating through the trash. We actually banned someone last night before the puck even dropped as a matter of fact.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Ah. I'm talking about the comments on articles. We do more censoring on the live blog for exactly the reason you just mentioned- it bogs things down too much. Not just for the readers, but also for us while we're trying to work. If there's a live blog commenter who is clearly contributing nothing but garbage, I'll just ban them. Then I don't have to worry about approving their comments any more and readers don't have to worry about navigating through the trash. We actually banned someone last night before the puck even dropped as a matter of fact.
              Ah OK, good. Yeah, the comments after the article are pretty irrelevant to me, and I'm sure to anyone else who doesn't like that kind of mindless banter since you can easily avoid it. So yeah, I totally understand you not wanting to censor that.

Comment

A couple of you have bc fans all figured out!

I might post here during score updates, but I would never tune into a bu live blog

Comment

Working...
                X