To All the Lurkers Out There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To All the Lurkers Out There

Now's the time to get an account, and/or start asking questions about the NCAA tournament selection process and what not. There's been some recent additions to the board and they've all been pretty active in the discussions. Get involved now while you can so we don't have fans coming in after their team was "screwed" and make unfounded accusations or dumb complaints. I'm sure between Webb, Josh, Scott, Rennell, NUProf, Prez, Joe, Norm, etc, they'll thank you when they don't have to rip your post apart for complaining about the NCAAs.

That being said, elbo, Webb, Scott, or whoever made the thread about the frequently asked complaints or whatever the thread title was for last season, is there any chance you can bump that up?

Re: To All the Lurkers Out There

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
    Now's the time to get an account, and/or start asking questions about the NCAA tournament selection process and what not. There's been some recent additions to the board and they've all been pretty active in the discussions. Get involved now while you can so we don't have fans coming in after their team was "screwed" and make unfounded accusations or dumb complaints. I'm sure between Webb, Josh, Scott, Rennell, NUProf, Prez, Joe, Norm, etc, they'll thank you when they don't have to rip your post apart for complaining about the NCAAs.

That being said, elbo, Webb, Scott, or whoever made the thread about the frequently asked complaints or whatever the thread title was for last season, is there any chance you can bump that up?
    +1
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

But that would mean we wouldn't have that many rank n00bs around to tear into and to mock.

bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        But that would mean we wouldn't have that many rank n00bs around to tear into and to mock.

You mean like the Adrian fans of four years ago ?

In all seriousness, I bet we will still see the yahoo fringe from some team that is just now emerging. Watch what happens when NU beats Castleton in the ECACs, and the Spartans get left out of Pool C.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

QUOTE=NUProf;5025574]You mean like the Adrian fans of four years ago ?

In all seriousness, I bet we will still see the yahoo fringe from some team that is just now emerging. Watch what happens when NU beats Castleton in the ECACs, and the Spartans get left out of Pool C. [/QUOTE]

OUCH!!!! Right through our BullDog hearts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBullDogsGo View Post
            QUOTE=NUProf;5025574]You mean like the Adrian fans of four years ago ?

In all seriousness, I bet we will still see the yahoo fringe from some team that is just now emerging. Watch what happens when NU beats Castleton in the ECACs, and the Spartans get left out of Pool C.
            OUCH!!!! Right through our BullDog hearts!!!
            Now that you guys are "perennial powers", and well known citizens of the board, the mantle of newbie can be passed on to the Castleton fans , or maybe the Utica fans. It's not like those programs haven't been around for a while, but reaching historic highs seems to attract new fans who don't know how the process works.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              Now that you guys are "perennial powers", and well known citizens of the board, the mantle of newbie can be passed on to the Castleton fans , or maybe the Utica fans. It's not like those programs haven't been around for a while, but reaching historic highs seems to attract new fans who don't know how the process works.
              Hey now, Hammer and me were regulars to USCHO when it was announced that Adrian was starting a program. Just not quite with the D3 side.

And yes, nothing draws out the loony n00bs quite like a program on the rise. Lots of them swearing that they were fans during the rotten years, and lots of talk about how there school is going to be the next champion.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Speaking of loony n00bs,, where's Fornax been lately?
                Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                  Speaking of loony n00bs,, where's Fornax been lately?
                  Writing his memoirs ?

Comment

You mean like the Adrian fans of four years ago ?

Prof - two words for you

Wayne Sands
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hey now! A few of us Utica fans have been around for quite some time. But yeah... the numbers do seem to have gone up lately!
                      Originally posted by zamboney
                      the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.
                      2010-2011 Last Person Standing champion

Comment

I found this glossary of terms used in the process to be helpful in thos early years.
                        in-region ,RNK,OOP,SOS,H2H,WOOPS,1 Pool B + 3 Pool C (max) = 4 teams < 5 ,OWP,COP,in and out of region,
                        7-4 split not cross-regionalizing

For me the simplest way to explain how the process works turned out to be
                        ..."it is what it is" .............and in the end, if you are lucky ....the flawed process works ?
                        Last edited by NorthernLite; 02-10-2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                          ...oh ....the process works ?
                          Such as it is - works better for Adrian now than it used to, don't you think

Comment

Such as it is - works better for Adrian now than it used to, don't you think
                            you're right.....Win and you're in.
                            forgot to mention the most the most important term in in the glossary.
                            AQ

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                              you're right.....Win and you're in.
                              forgot to mention the most the most important term in in the glossary.
                              AQ
                              Important inequality Pool A > Pool B

Comment

Working...
                              X