Rules Question - Delayed Penalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules Question - Delayed Penalty

Hoping some refs are around to answer this one. If a team is on a 5 on 4 PP and during a delayed penalty (which would give them a 5 on 3) they score. Is the proper call a goal as well as a 5 on 3 PP or a goal but a 5 on 4 PP with the newest infraction going up on the board?

Thanks!

Re: Rules Question - Delayed Penalty

Originally posted by hockeyjunkie10 View Post
    Hoping some refs are around to answer this one. If a team is on a 5 on 4 PP and during a delayed penalty (which would give them a 5 on 3) they score. Is the proper call a goal as well as a 5 on 3 PP or a goal but a 5 on 4 PP with the newest infraction going up on the board?

Thanks!
    I'm not sure about this year because of the whole penalty gets served despite any goals on the delayed call, but last year, if this goal were scored, the penalty to cause the 5v4 would be nullified, but the new penalty (which was about to be called) would go on the board, and the full two minutes served (unless of course another goal was scored).

I would recommend consulting the NCAA rule book for an answer to this one.

EDIT: Rule 4-2-d confirms this.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 02-09-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I want to say that with the goal scored. The guy in the box comes out, but the other guy goes in. I thought I saw it that way once, but I could be wrong.
      "My greatest achievement."
      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
        I want to say that with the goal scored. The guy in the box comes out, but the other guy goes in. I thought I saw it that way once, but I could be wrong.
        Pretty sure I saw this in a Merrimack game this year and that is exactly what happened. Guy in the box came out but a new 2:00 PP was put up.

Comment

Working...
        X