• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota... the March past March

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Ha.
    How'd that go for ya?
    We hung in there for awhile....and then.(they started tryin).
    'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      Ha.
      How'd that go for ya?
      Deck stood on his head.
      'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
        Man, it sux playing a city league game against Lundbohm, Panzer, Skarperud, Palmiscno, and Fuher....

sigh.
        After college I went looking for a city league in GF and ended up playing one game against the same guys, needless to say the last couple years I've been playing beer league in east side where I belong.
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Just saw over on Siouxsports that the MacNaughton will NOT be at the Ralph this weekend. I have no idea why it wouldn't be.
          I guess because we can't clinch sole claim to it this weekend???? At least, I don't think we can. I believe there is a scenerio however under which we can clinch the #1 seed for the tourney this weekend (given that league wins likely would end up being the tiebreaker).
          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
            I guess because we can't clinch sole claim to it this weekend???? At least, I don't think we can. I believe there is a scenerio however under which we can clinch the #1 seed for the tourney this weekend (given that league wins likely would end up being the tiebreaker).
            If we sweep and the teams below us get swept I think that would clinch it for us. Long shot though.
            Nevermind Denver/Omaha throw that out the window.
            Last edited by darker98; 02-25-2011, 11:00 AM. Reason: mistake
            "My greatest achievement."
            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
              Nevermind Denver/Omaha throw that out the window.
              Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                Bingo.
                I'm actually an old lady and you got me excited. What did I win?

Comment

SCSU just announced that they hired Gino Gasparini for "special advisor to the president on athletics" With the announced retirement of Morris the cat Kurtz, scheduled for June, 2012, there is now speculation that he may be the next AD? Who is this guy, and what can he do for us?
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                    SCSU just announced that they hired Gino Gasparini for "special advisor to the president on athletics" With the announced retirement of Morris the cat Kurtz, scheduled for June, 2012, there is now speculation that he may be the next AD? Who is this guy, and what can he do for us?
                    Well, your local media will never be without a quote. Stick a mic in Gino's face and you'll be there all day.

Personally, I'm a big Gino fan. He was a great coach, imho, the best we ever had at UND. Late in his career, in an effort to keep him there they also made him the AD. He really struggled with that. Not that he did a bad job with the athletic department, but having both positions was just too much on his plate.

He's a great promoter and has done great things for the USHL. If SCSU is having problems in the athletic department that require someone to go out and promote the program, he'll be a great hire for you guys.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

We can't clinch sole claim, but we can clinch the #1 seed and share of the MacNaughton. If we sweep, UNO takes 2-3 points, and CC takes 1 point or more from Duluth we clinch #1 seed and a share of the MacNaughton. We clinch #1 seed due to tiebreaker (league wins). We would only need 1 point at Tech to clinch the MacNaughton outright.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        We can't clinch sole claim, but we can clinch the #1 seed and share of the MacNaughton. If we sweep, UNO takes 2-3 points, and CC takes 1 point or more from Duluth we clinch #1 seed and a share of the MacNaughton. We clinch #1 seed due to tiebreaker (league wins). We would only need 1 point at Tech to clinch the MacNaughton outright.
                        I guess we need a sweep badly this weekend. But BSU won't just let us win.

Comment

Originally posted by Stack View Post
                          I guess we need a sweep badly this weekend. But BSU won't just let us win.
                          Start pooling some money.

Comment

I had a chance to watch the first two periods today. For the most part, I liked what I saw. The Sioux came out fired up and playing like they were trying to close out a championship regular season. I hope they come out tomorrow with the same drive.

Comment

I had a chance to watch the first two periods today. For the most part, I liked what I saw. The Sioux came out fired up and playing like they were trying to close out a championship regular season. I hope they come out tomorrow with the same drive.
                              Yes, they played like they wanted to win. Another game like that tomorrow and we're looking at the MacNaughton for sure.
                              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                                Yes, they played like they wanted to win. Another game like that tomorrow and we're looking at the MacNaughton for sure.
                                as Schloss pointed out, the game had an NCAA feel to it, with the crowd slightly not as into it as they usually are. That was a good test for the boys.

One more win and it's ours.
                                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X