Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota... the March past March

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Why do we care what Dave Starman thinks or writes? Is there a cash award involved? I don't understand what everyone is getting so excited over. It's just one man's opinion.
    I think people are getting exited because he is supposed to be a unbiased national reporter when that isn't really the case... it doesn't bother me but he did leave quite a few excellent hockey players off his list.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      If he's going to play, I'd like to see him get in the lineup this weekend. The first game of the NCAA's will be no time to try to shake off a couple months rust. It's shaping up like we could draw a pretty tough opening round team.

I'd love to see Rowney, Mac and Kristo back in the green and white and on the ice Friday.
      For the most part I agree. I think it could almost be a distraction if he came back for the First Round of the NCAAs. If he comes back this weekend, shakes the rust off (and there will definitely be rust) and adjusts to the game again, then I think he will be a key piece of our run to the title. If he doesn't come back this weekend, Hakstol better be 100% sure that he's ready for him to come back for the First Round of the NCAAs. I trust the coaching and medical staff to make the best decision, and if it happens to be to hold him out the rest of the year, I would understand.

If he does play this weekend though, that could give this team an extra shot in the arm. It would be a lot of fun to see anyway.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

It would be nice to see a third line with Nelson centering Rowney and Kristo. Nothing against Bruneteau, Cichy, or Gleason but I'd prefer this line instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
          Chay trails by only 2.5%! He has significantly closed the gap over the last few days. Voting ends on March 20, so keep those votes coming!
          seniorclassaward.com
          Chay has fallen back into third place. He could use some votes folks!
          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

I think CC can taste the NCAA tournament at this point. I expect them to come out highly motivated tomorrow, as a win vs the Sioux would likely lock up an at-large invite for CC regardless of what happens in the WCHA championship game. UND better come out ready to play tomorrow night!

Comment

The bill requiring UND to remain the Sioux has been signed into law by the governor. Story here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                I think CC can taste the NCAA tournament at this point. I expect them to come out highly motivated tomorrow, as a win vs the Sioux would likely lock up an at-large invite for CC regardless of what happens in the WCHA championship game. UND better come out ready to play tomorrow night!
                I agree. If CC loses and the Big Green beat Yale they are toast. I expect the Sioux will roll. Interesting to hear DK might be back. Make sense to have come back this weekend to get sea legs.
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                  I agree with that. CC didn't look especially good tonight but they sure made the most of their chances.

It will be interesting for sure. The Sioux are the better team no doubt, but they haven't played a team of CC's caliber in more that a month. Finishing with Bemidji and Tech for the last three weeks probably isn't helpful to keep a team rolling.
                  Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
                  NFL Min
                  MLB NYM, Min
                  NHL Min, Dal
                  NCAAB Min, Baylor
                  NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
                  Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

• Originally posted by GOPHER FREAK View Post
                    I agree with that. CC didn't look especially good tonight but they sure made the most of their chances.

It will be interesting for sure. The Sioux are the better team no doubt, but they haven't played a team of CC's caliber in more that a month. Finishing with Bemidji and Tech for the last three weeks probably isn't helpful to keep a team rolling.
                    NoDak is 10-0-1 since CC stunned them at the World Arena. The Tigers are 5-1-1 in their last 7 games. Since the Tigers last played the Sioux,they have only gotten better. Joe Howe is playing his best hockey of the season right now and Jaden Schwartz (who was injured and unable to play during the UND series) is on a tear with points in all but one game since returning from his fractured ankle. The Sioux are in for a battle; it should be a great game.
                    Colorado College Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
                      NoDak is 10-0-1 since CC stunned them at the World Arena. The Tigers are 5-1-1 in their last 7 games.
                      The Tigers are 4-2-1 over the last 7. They lost to Wisconsin once in Madison and once in Colorado Springs. It really has no bearing on tomorrow's game, just a stab at accuracy.

Comment

Danny Kristo's story of what actually happened:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/197147/

Some interesting quotes...

Originally posted by Danny Kristo
                        “No alcohol was involved,” Kristo said. “I was not drunk. I know there are rumors going around about that. I did make some poor decisions that night, like not wearing socks and a pair of tennis shoes when it’s 30 below in Grand Forks. That’s not very smart. I did have some bad judgments on that night, but alcohol was not one of them.”
                        Originally posted by Danny Kristo
                        “As I was walking, I hit some powder,” Kristo said. “My right foot dug way in there. It was almost waist deep. My left foot was still on top of the snow. I pulled my foot up and my shoe was off. I pulled out my phone (for light) to scan the snow. I couldn’t find it. It was dark in the middle of the course. My foot started getting really cold and I was digging pretty hard with my hands and I couldn’t find it.

“I looked back at my apartment and I looked to the apartment I was going to. I was closer to the apartment I was going to. My foot and my hands were starting to lose feeling and I knew I had to get there pretty quick. So, I pretty much ran there with one shoe on.”
                        Kristo, who also sustained frostbite on the hand he used to dig in the snow, said his foot was white when he got to the apartment. He wrapped it up and called Frattin and Trupp to tell them what had happened. They immediately went to the girl’s apartment.

“My first reaction was that I don’t know what to think,” Kristo said. “I knew I had to warm it up, but you don’t know many people who have had frostbite.”

Kristo told his teammates that he didn’t have feeling in his foot and they decided to take him to the hospital. Frattin threw Kristo (whose foot was wrapped) on his shoulders and carried him to the car and got Kristo to Altru.
                        That should clear things up about what happened. I still find it absolutely disgusting how some of the posters on this board reacted when this story first happened. They should send their apologies to Kristo and his family. Unfortunately the majority of those will not have the class needed to admit that what they did/said was wrong.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
                          NoDak is 10-0-1 since CC stunned them at the World Arena. The Tigers are 5-1-1 in their last 7 games. Since the Tigers last played the Sioux,they have only gotten better. Joe Howe is playing his best hockey of the season right now and Jaden Schwartz (who was injured and unable to play during the UND series) is on a tear with points in all but one game since returning from his fractured ankle. The Sioux are in for a battle; it should be a great game.
                          I do think that UAA softened up CC though after last nights game. Alaska was throwing a lot of body checks out there and UND will just continue with the same. CC did not play very well last night, especially in the first period where UAA could have easily grabbed a one or two goal lead.
                          'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            Danny Kristo's story of what actually happened:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/197147/

Some interesting quotes...

That should clear things up about what happened. I still find it absolutely disgusting how some of the posters on this board reacted when this story first happened. They should send their apologies to Kristo and his family. Unfortunately the majority of those will not have the class needed to admit that what they did/said was wrong.
                            Liked this one the best:

Kristo told his teammates that he didn’t have feeling in his foot and they decided to take him to the hospital. Frattin threw Kristo (whose foot was wrapped) on his shoulders and carried him to the car and got Kristo to Altru.
                            WOW! Frattin carried Kristo to the hospital and saved his teammate! Somebody call the Hobey Committee!
                            Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 03-18-2011, 11:35 AM.
                            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                              I do think that UAA softened up CC though after last nights game. Alaska was throwing a lot of body checks out there and UND will just continue with the same. CC did not play very well last night, especially in the first period where UAA could have easily grabbed a one or two goal lead.
                              Thought UAA out played CC enough to earn a win. But puck luck was with CC. Only 2 scoring chances in 1st period but both resulted in goals. Third goal off a skate where defensemen lifted his foot off the ground was definately luck, even the CC players watching the replay were laughing about that one.

CC wil need more than luck tonight.
                              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I don't believe for one minute that kristo was sober, maybe that's not what everyone wants to hear and my opinion contradicts his statements but I don't believe it and I don't care if that makes people mad.
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X