University of North Dakota... the March past March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota... the March past March

So we have a few days wait to see who our next opponent is. Both CC and UAA should be very hungry teams. A win in St. Paul might secure an at-large bid for CC, but a win vs UND would certainly do it. UAA will probably need to run the table to make the NCAA's.
    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
      Chay trails by only 2.5%! He has significantly closed the gap over the last few days. Voting ends on March 20, so keep those votes coming!
      seniorclassaward.com
      Chay isn't closing that first place gap any longer, and Conacher is making a run on second place! Keep those votes coming!
      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
        So we have a few days wait to see who our next opponent is. Both CC and UAA should be very hungry teams. A win in St. Paul might secure an at-large bid for CC, but a win vs UND would certainly do it. UAA will probably need to run the table to make the NCAA's.
        I think we'll play UAA. CC generally doesn't do very well at the Final Five, and UAA has been playing well of late. Either way, we'll most likely have a hungry team to play against on Friday. I'm really looking forward to see how we come out and play on Friday. Hopefully we come out flying and focused.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico
          You can suck one out of this fan's ***...
          Classy. I have nothing against CC, I just think UAA is playing a little bit better (also how did you do against UAA this year?).
          North Dakota

Comment

That sounds a bit kinky, Buffalo Bill.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

There may or may not be a really old CC sweatshirt in my closet.

However, it's patty's day so I'll be dressed up in green.

I'm not sure who I think will win but I always cheer for CC when they don't play the Sioux. And I'd like the Sioux to get another crack at them since we've played UAA 3 times already and CC only twice.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how they come out on friday. They have played 4-weeks in a row against easier competion. That said they did seem quite focused during that stretch.

However it would be nice to see how they play against a team with a more potent offense than Tech, Bemidji, Alaska etc.

Comment

According to Hakstol, Kristo is back practicing with the team, but no word on if he will be playing this weekend. Interesting development, as it certainly sounds like there is hope that Kristo could be back for the NCAAs, if not for the Final Five.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    According to Hakstol, Kristo is back practicing with the team, but no word on if he will be playing this weekend. Interesting development, as it certainly sounds like there is hope that Kristo could be back for the NCAAs, if not for the Final Five.
                    Surprising, that is one thing I didn't think I would hear... I had all but written him off as a Sioux player.

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/2011/03/14/comm...e-nominees-are

Is CBS really that clueless?

Dave Starman's article is so biased and discriminatory against the WCHA and Hockey East that it is insulting to most College Hockey fans.

The most informative part of the article is the comment section. It becomes apparent very quickly that average hockey fans have more insight and knowledge about college hockey than this contributor to USCHO.

Someone at USCHO needs to check Dave Starman's credentials again to see if he is qualified to contribute articles to USCHO.
                      "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post

Dave Starman's article is so biased and discriminatory against the WCHA and Hockey East that it is insulting to most College Hockey fans.

The most informative part of the article is the comment section. It becomes apparent very quickly that average hockey fans have more insight and knowledge about college hockey than this contributor to USCHO.

Someone at USCHO needs to check Dave Starman's credentials again to see if he is qualified to contribute articles to USCHO.
                        What I got a kick out of, is that there are more Miami players nominated than BC, Yale and North Dakota players COMBINED. He has a HUGE CCHA bias, and you can tell from his nominations.
                        North Dakota

Comment

What I got a kick out of, is that there are more Miami players nominated than BC, Yale and North Dakota players COMBINED. He has a HUGE CCHA bias, and you can tell from his nominations.
                          If you believe Dave Starman is qualified (OR NOT) to contribute articles to USCHO as a NATIONAL columnist you can contact the USHO Editor at the link below. I personally think he should stick to the CCHA.

http://www.uscho.com/contact
                          "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post

The worst part about Starman is he's the color guy for the NCAA Frozen Four the last couple of years. His insght during those games has been as clueless as this article because he has not seen the WCHA teams or the Hockey East teams. He doesn't seem to do any research into the teams or players but instead relies upon his "hockey sense" to make comments. NOT A GOOD THING!

Comment

Why do we care what Dave Starman thinks or writes? Is there a cash award involved? I don't understand what everyone is getting so excited over. It's just one man's opinion.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

If he's going to play, I'd like to see him get in the lineup this weekend. The first game of the NCAA's will be no time to try to shake off a couple months rust. It's shaping up like we could draw a pretty tough opening round team.

I'd love to see Rowney, Mac and Kristo back in the green and white and on the ice Friday.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X