Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota... the March past March

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
    honestly, the ff is much more fun with gopher fans there, besides, I'd love for them to get their hopes up and watch the sioux end their season on friday night!
    yeah, but I want a puck with the UAA logo on it! Besides, it would be really fun to see a couple new teams there (we know one of the WCHA newcomers will be there)

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Um, if the Gophers play the sioux, we'd make the NCAAs barring an absolute miracle out east. So you don't get that pleasure unless it's in an NCAA tournament game.
    I wouldn't bet on that. A lot of things have to still happen for the Gophers to make the NCAA's. Sitting at 19th in the pairwise currently, you'd have to sweep UAA, beat whoever you play on Thursday (probably Duluth, maybe St. Cloud) and then beat North Dakota. Only then I would say are the Gophers a pretty sure thing. Get bounced out early and it's all over.
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
      yeah, but I want a puck with the UAA logo on it! Besides, it would be really fun to see a couple new teams there (we know one of the WCHA newcomers will be there)

I wouldn't bet on that. A lot of things have to still happen for the Gophers to make the NCAA's. Sitting at 19th in the pairwise currently, you'd have to sweep UAA, beat whoever you play on Thursday (probably Duluth, maybe St. Cloud) and then beat North Dakota. Only then I would say are the Gophers a pretty sure thing. Get bounced out early and it's all over.
      I put together a spreadsheet that calculates the PWR. If we sweep UAA and lose to UMD. We should be in (assuming all higher seeds win). We go WLW against UAA and we'd need to at least play UND. It gets really tight though.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
        honestly, the ff is much more fun with gopher fans there, besides, I'd love for them to get their hopes up and watch the sioux end their season on friday night!
        I think it was pretty fun to end their season last year at The Ralph, not have to hear the MN chant, then run the table to the Broadmoor Trophy. There were still Gopher fans there but all they could do was cheer against the Sioux and bad mouth the players and Hakstol, then see every team they cheered for, lose! Sweet!
        "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." Bilbo Baggins

Comment

Originally posted by Hock Puckly View Post
          I think it was pretty fun to end their season last year at The Ralph, not have to hear the MN chant, then run the table to the Broadmoor Trophy. There were still Gopher fans there but all they could do was cheer against the Sioux and bad mouth the players and Hakstol, then see every team they cheered for, lose! Sweet!
          God forbid the Sioux fans never do that...
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That's why we wear halos.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

That's why we wear halos.
              I thought the halos were to toss on the ice in front of opposing players and trip them up.
              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

We don't. We're way too awesome.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  I agree. I feel a bit bad for Tech.
                  Something tells me that they will make at least one of the playoff games close though.

Frattin with an amazing weekend to win the WCHA scoring title. Dell wins the goaltending title as well.

Can UAA pull off the miracle next weekend?
                  It's gotta be tough as hell to go to the home ice of the team that beat the pants off of you the weekend before. If MTU shows up, I'll be surprised. Not necessarily in a physical state, but wouldn't be surprised if they are so far removed from the game Friday it's ridiculous. However, it may be the motivation they need to try and end their season on somewhat of an up-swing. The Sioux can't expect the 11-2 can of whoop***** again. I agree in that one game will most likely be close, still, a Sioux sweep.
                  THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                  1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                  1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                  University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                  University of Oregon Ducks Football
                  San Francisco Giants
                  Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I put together a spreadsheet that calculates the PWR. If we sweep UAA and lose to UMD. We should be in (assuming all higher seeds win). We go WLW against UAA and we'd need to at least play UND. It gets really tight though.
                    Not that I doubt you (you've obviously put a lot of time into this, and I haven't) but this really surprises me. The only reason I say that is the top 15-16 pwr teams right now are generally the higher seeds. Thus, if they all win their first round, along with MN, it surprises me that MN would move past them even with a first round loss at the FF.

Also, a lot of upsets brewing in the ECAC. I don't see someone other than Union or Yale winning that tournament, but if one of those two teams should drop their first round series, there will be a lot of nervous bubble teams in a couple of weeks.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Not that I doubt you (you've obviously put a lot of time into this, and I haven't) but this really surprises me. The only reason I say that is the top 15-16 pwr teams right now are generally the higher seeds. Thus, if they all win their first round, along with MN, it surprises me that MN would move past them even with a first round loss at the FF.

Also, a lot of upsets brewing in the ECAC. I don't see someone other than Union or Yale winning that tournament, but if one of those two teams should drop their first round series, there will be a lot of nervous bubble teams in a couple of weeks.
                      I've seen a couple different places that have run the pairwise with top seeds winning and Minnesota gets in.

But, as you said, there have been a lot of upsets already and I would be surprised if there weren't a few more. I think there will be at least one lower seed in the WCHA that will go to the Final Five, and the CCHA usually has a surprise team make it to the CCHA Semis. The ECAC, as you said, looks like anything can happen. If a team like Cornell or Quinnipiac were to win there, that would take out a spot for the at-large teams. A lot can happen, but I would say that if Minnesota sweeps this weekend, they'll likely make the tournament.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I've seen a couple different places that have run the pairwise with top seeds winning and Minnesota gets in.

But, as you said, there have been a lot of upsets already and I would be surprised if there weren't a few more. I think there will be at least one lower seed in the WCHA that will go to the Final Five, and the CCHA usually has a surprise team make it to the CCHA Semis. The ECAC, as you said, looks like anything can happen. If a team like Cornell or Quinnipiac were to win there, that would take out a spot for the at-large teams. A lot can happen, but I would say that if Minnesota sweeps this weekend, they'll likely make the tournament.
                        I've probably seen the many of the same calculations performed. It all likely has to do with TUC's, etc...

Just glad we don't have to sweat it this year.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I don't think God has ever forbidden that, so we do it with impunity and a clear conscience!
                          "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." Bilbo Baggins

Comment

I put together a spreadsheet that calculates PWR automatically. Been playing around with it for over a week now. You're absolutely right. It's mostly based on MSUM dropping out as a TUC and Minnesota getting two more wins from a TUC. That's a four-win swing right there.

I'm confident that Minnesota makes the tournament if they sweep this weekend.
                            Code:

Comment

I put together a spreadsheet that calculates PWR automatically. Been playing around with it for over a week now. You're absolutely right. It's mostly based on MSUM dropping out as a TUC and Minnesota getting two more wins from a TUC. That's a four-win swing right there.

I'm confident that Minnesota makes the tournament if they sweep this weekend.
                              and if they don't sweep?
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                                and if they don't sweep?
                                They need to at least make it to the game against the Sioux.

Against the Sioux... Win = In at #14 (most likely). Lose = Need help. Lots of help.
                                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-08-2011, 12:24 AM.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X