Castleton vs. Norwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castleton vs. Norwich

For the first time ever neither Norwich or Middlebury (at this point in the season) can call themselves the best team in Vermont. That title goes to Castleton (18-2-1).

Its going to be a sellout game this Friday as No.4 Norwich comes to Rutland, VT to take on the no.3 Castleton Spartans.

Any predictions? Im guessing 4-3 Castleton, home crowd will give them the slight edge.

Re: Castleton vs. Norwich

Why does one game need 2 threads?
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
      Reminds me of that one year we had about five different Oswego/Plattsburgh threads going ranging from tickets to bathrooms to french fries to parking etc.

The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Reminds me of that one year we had about five different Oswego/Plattsburgh threads going ranging from tickets to bathrooms to french fries to parking etc.

Sort of like Adrian-lite. Fans with lots of enthusiasm for a program that is making it to the top for the first time - the difference being, of course, that Adrian never had the lean years that Castleton had, and these guys are not quite as prolific,
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Sort of like Adrian-lite. Fans with lots of enthusiasm for a program that is making it to the top for the first time - the difference being, of course, that Adrian never had the lean years that Castleton had, and these guys are not quite as prolific,
          Or maybe they are also busy stocking ice balls
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            Or maybe they are also busy stocking ice balls
            I've been playing at spartan arena(formally known at the fieldhouse) for years now and have never heard of this iceball incident. Then again I haven't really paid to much attention to Spartan hockey until they actually recruited and got a decent team. But after seeing about a thousand posts about iceballs I've stocked up with Creed Ice IceBLOCKS and will proceed to pummel all the Norwich fans as they enter the building from the rooftop. Go big or go home right?

Comment

Originally posted by thatswhatshesaid View Post
              I've been playing at spartan arena(formally known at the fieldhouse) for years now and have never heard of this iceball incident. Then again I haven't really paid to much attention to Spartan hockey until they actually recruited and got a decent team. But after seeing about a thousand posts about iceballs I've stocked up with Creed Ice IceBLOCKS and will proceed to pummel all the Norwich fans as they enter the building from the rooftop. Go big or go home right?
              And this is why the SOUTHERN MAINE fan who the incident occurred to would keep posting.
              Last edited by jerrynu26; 02-09-2011, 11:50 AM.
              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by thatswhatshesaid View Post
                IThen again I haven't really paid to much attention to Spartan hockey until they actually recruited and got a decent team.
                So you're an admitted fair-weather fan?
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

and band wagon jumper who'll be long gone when they lose a few games.
                  Go 'Wick!

Comment

So you're an admitted fair-weather fan?
                    Well I decided to go to every home game this year. I missed the first tournament but made every game since. I kept somewhat of an eye on the team over the last few years but only went to a few games cause well, lets be honest, they weren't very good. I plan on buying season tickets next year so I went from not being a fan at all to being a full time. Its hard to be a fair weather fan when the Spartans have rarely ever seen fair weather before this season.

Comment

Try 3 (and counting).
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Well how about talking some hockey????? The Cadets bring a high speed attacking offense while the Spartans will apply pressure and play more of a physical game. The small ice will favor Castleton. I believe Norwich has more depth and more big game experience as the upper classmen played in the championship game last year. I think it will be a one goal game with maybe an empty netter at the end. The Cadets would love to win but a tie would not be all that bad looking at what both teams have the following weekend, Norwich home against Tufts and Conn College and the Spartans away at Midd and Williams.
                        Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                          Well how about talking some hockey????? The Cadets bring a high speed attacking offense while the Spartans will apply pressure and play more of a physical game. The small ice will favor Castleton. I believe Norwich has more depth and more big game experience as the upper classmen played in the championship game last year. I think it will be a one goal game with maybe an empty netter at the end. The Cadets would love to win but a tie would not be all that bad looking at what both teams have the following weekend, Norwich home against Tufts and Conn College and the Spartans away at Midd and Williams.
                          Although a little bit offset by the fact Norwich has to go to Skidmore the following day in a potential trap game no matter Friday's result, while the Spartans get to beat up on St. Mikes at home...
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Although a little bit offset by the fact Norwich has to go to Skidmore the following day in a potential trap game no matter Friday's result, while the Spartans get to beat up on St. Mikes at home...
                            However, the Purple Knights have pulled off a couple of surprises this year, so that could also be a trap game. I don't like the idea of a tie, because then the Spartans have the tie breaker, and we'd have to rely on somebody else to do our business for us. A win puts our fate in our own hands.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

4-2 Norwich with and ENG goal to seal the game. I also see the GWG coming on the power play. My honest opinion of what I think is going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X