X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros IV

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It sounds like next season will be the big test for Jerry. He has experience in the AHL, so there will be no surprises. He had the let down last season being sent to Kitchner. He responded well to being sent down, now he needs to show what he can do at the AHL level. If he responds again, it is only a matter of time before we see him in the NHL.
    Good Luck Jerry
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

The Milwaukee Admirals lost to the Houston Aeros 4-2 in regulation. They are now out of the Calder Cup playoffs, and Jeff Foss' season is over.

Good luck to Jerry!

Comment

http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/news/..._2011-0509.pdf Rob Schremp talks about Matt Murley, pg.18......article on JD'A pg. 30-31
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Jake Morissette.....http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...miensSommeSign
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Well, he is an alumnus coach.

The United States Hockey League today announced that Dubuque Fighting Saints Head Coach and General Manager Jim Montgomery has been named the 2010-11 USHL General Manager of the Year. http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=4031
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-12-2011, 05:24 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Allen York is listed as the goalie on Columbus's All-Prospect Team in the 5/30/11 issue of THN.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Allen York is listed as the goalie on Columbus's All-Prospect Team in the 5/30/11 issue of THN.
                It really looks like he will get a shot and the NHL next season.
                Goalies have to be in the right place at the right time to get a shot. He seems to be in that place.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  Goalies have to be in the right place at the right time to get a shot. He seems to be in that place.
                  I'm very happy for York - I wish he was still an Engineer but since he's not I hope he has as much success in the pros as possible. He deserves it.
                  Last edited by RKarger; 05-19-2011, 07:46 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    So much of what happens in life is all about being in the right place at the right time-you hit the nail on the head. Best wishes to York and here's hoping he makes the most of his shot.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

congrats to Chase Polacek on being named the ECAC player of the year by the NY Hockey Journal (May edition). I tried scanning the article, it won't be on-line till June, but was unable to transfer it here.

Comment

I think that this poster on Hockey's Future is correct.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...2&postcount=66

Jerry D'amigo: D'amigo is well known for his exploits at the World Junior tournament, and his subsequent contract signing in just his freshman year at RPI. I wasn't on board with him leaving school and joining the pro ranks when he did, because I feel like a guy like D'amigo could do nothing but benefit from the strength and conditioning program an NCAA school can provide. Being 5'11 isn't going to scare anyone, but he comes in around 210-215 lbs, and I had hoped a good stint in a S&C program in college would turn him into a tank. He played a good two-way game for the Marlies in his stint in the AHL, but didn't really show the comfort and confidence levels in his offensive game, thus the assignment to Kitchener. When he played against the guys in his age group, he showed why he would've been one of the best forwards in the OHL this year, had he spent the entire year there. I think it was a great help to his confidence, and he'll re-join the Marlies next season on a higher note, despite Kitchener being upended in the first round. He should see an increased role on the Marlies next year, and will be put in a spot where he will be expected to show improved offensive output. Whether or not he's up to the challenge is in his hands, but I fully expect to see a more dangerous D'amigo next year.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

very good analysis on JD'A.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            very good analysis on JD'A.
                            I certaily agree he could have benefitted greatly from one or 2 years more of NCAA play and conditioning.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Jeff Foss has signed a contract with the Milwaukee Admirals, where he finished out last season. Looks like it was done last week but RPI just posted it today.

http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...605115702.aspx
                              http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...31singees.html
                              APBWiki

Comment

Brad Farynuk....http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...ttenRenonItaly

Comment

Working...
                                X