X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Pros IV

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Nice article about Chase and the program.
    Does anyone know if Polacek was hurt in his first pro game? Just seems strange that he plays one game and is not on the roster for the next three contests. I can't believe that Peoria saw everything they needed to know about Chase after one game.
    I don't know...I've been following Peoria now that Chase is with them, since they're the affiliate of my hometown Blues, and there hasn't been any word. I believe he joined the team in San Antonio for that first game, and therefore wouldn't have had an opportunity to practice with them beforehand. That said, I wasn't really surprised (though disappointed) that he didn't play the rest of the weekend. I would have thought he'd have been in yesterday, though...maybe they're saving him for the playoffs?

Comment

Link to article/interview about York's debut courtesy of RPI Athletics, and another one to a photo gallery of his first game. Fun to see the RPI paint job still on his helmet!

Comment

I'm not so surprised Chase hasn't played all that much. Peoria got where they have this season without him in the lineup and while they're still working to lock up a spot in the AHL playoffs, they probably aren't going to change what has worked so far. That said, I sincerely hope they do find a spot for him in their regular roster so he can get some real pro experience.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
          I don't know...I've been following Peoria now that Chase is with them, since they're the affiliate of my hometown Blues, and there hasn't been any word. I believe he joined the team in San Antonio for that first game, and therefore wouldn't have had an opportunity to practice with them beforehand. That said, I wasn't really surprised (though disappointed) that he didn't play the rest of the weekend. I would have thought he'd have been in yesterday, though...maybe they're saving him for the playoffs?
          I too have been following. I agree with the practice idea,also Peoria is in a fight for the play-offs. Had that not been a factor my guess is they would be playing him. He is there next year so there is no pressure to look at him at this point and maybe they are sticking with and giving the guys that have been there all year the playing time. When he gets the opportunity to be in the line up regularly he will show his talents. Hopefully we will see that this year!

Comment

Darren Puppa was honored tonight during the Sabres' 40th anniversary celebration.

Comment

Allen York recorded his first pro shutout tonight, stopping 30 Albany shots in Springfield's 5-0 victory.

He was named first star of the game.

Comment

Pirri had a goal and an assist for 5 points in his last two games.
                Chase Polacek not in the line up again tonight.
                Congratulations to York on his first pro shut out.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Article and some video on York's shutout.

http://www.falconsahl.com/index.php?id=1761
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  Gary Player

Comment

Chase back in the line up tonight going head to head against Jeff Foss.
                    D'Amigo playing for Toronto Marlies tonight, had an assist.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Chase back in the line up tonight going head to head against Jeff Foss.
                      D'Amigo playing for Toronto Marlies tonight, had an assist.
                      I listened to the game, and got a kick out of the announcer telling us that Polacek had a successful backcheck around Foss...highlights from the game here.

Comment

...interview with JD'A upon return to Marlies, notice who Jerry lockers next to. http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...=802&id=107554
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                          I listened to the game, and got a kick out of the announcer telling us that Polacek had a successful backcheck around Foss...highlights from the game here.
                          Chase & Jeff come in at the 35 second mark....Chase #11....Jeff #52
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

...BP finished strong for Rockford, had a goal & an assist in Fri.'s game & assisted on game tying goal (39 sec. left) Sun. http://www.icehogs.com/main/

Comment

With all the fanfare about our current seniors playing in the AHL/ECHL, somehow we missed Andrew Lord making it to the AHL. He has played over 30 games for Okla. City in the AHL this year.
                              Congratulations to Mr. Lord.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                Chase & Jeff come in at the 35 second mark....Chase #11....Jeff #52
                                Nice pass in from the point by Foss there on the 2nd goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X