#6 UNH, Home and Home with #12 Merrimack, Fri 2/11 Sat 2/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #6 UNH, Home and Home with #12 Merrimack, Fri 2/11 Sat 2/12

Both teams may rise in the polls, after sweeping their respective weekends. UNH scored 11 goals in two games, while Merrimack scored 15 on the weekend, including an 11-2 shellacking of UMass Saturday night.

UNH beat their 'archrival' Maine twice on the weekend, including one of the wilder finishes this fan has seen in years Saturday night, scoring the game winner with 15.8 seconds left (after Maine's top scorer from the weekend hit the post on the empty net).

Merrimack has been giving UNH fits for a while now, and this is arguably the best team they've put out in years.

Last time they played up at a Lake Whitt, it was a hard fought UNH win 2-1. There was no scoring until the third period; Merrimack took the lead and UNH played come-from-behind to win.

Should be a very entertaining weekend; Friday night in Durham, Saturday night down at Lawler, where I'm sure the building will be rockin'.
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Re: #6 UNH, Home and Home with #12 Merrimack, Fri 2/11 Sat 2/12

Very excited for the weekend. Coming up to see them live, first live games since the home opener v. Michigan. Great to see Merrimack in the hunt. Looks like they can put the numbers up a la the badabing line from the recent past. (that was the 'mack, right??).

I was able to get seats right behind 'Cats bench at lawler, just this past Friday, so it appears there are good seats to be had.
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Does NHPTV still air UNH games? I'd like to watch friday's tilt, will be in attendance Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
        Does NHPTV still air UNH games?
        No. They can be viewed for a fee at unhwildcats.com
        "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
          Merrimack has been giving UNH fits for a while now, and this is arguably the best team they've put out in years.
          Looked up the record for the past 10 matchups; UNH is 7-2-1, with every win/loss a 1 goal game. Two 1-0 wins, two 2-1 wins, two 4-3 wins (including Thompson's OT winner with 12 secs left in OT) and a 5-4 win. MC last won at the Whitt in '08-'09, a 4-3 victory.
          Should be a great series. 2 outstanding goalies and some terrific offensive players/lines.
          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this on the 2nd page, my bad!

here's my post:

looking forward to the weekend's games. While the Maine games brought a fun atmosphere and some entertaining games/results, possibly, this weekend is the biggest/most important test to date for UNH (who'da thunk?).

Merrimak is rolling through teams, and they have one of the better goaltenders in the league. DiGi stood on his head in the last meeting and might have stolen 2 points from Merrimack at the Whitt. If each team wins at home this weekend, I don't think you can be too upset with the result, but a sweep or 3 points either way would be surprising.

Whats the video situation for the game at Lawler?

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
              I was able to get seats right behind 'Cats bench at lawler, just this past Friday, so it appears there are good seats to be had.
              Is it all reserved seating now that they've gone to seat backs?
              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
              Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                There's some GA in a couple seated sections and SRO behind the home goal/lobby side

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                  $20 a pop for these seats, they had others at $5 and $10. I just selected "best available" and got lucky.

Comment

Should be a great weekend of hockey...I'm thinking MC takes Sat at home...they have just been too tough to beat at home...as for Friday, a road win here would give them confidence that they can beat anybody on the road (they should have taken game 1, but Digi was the MAN in that game, just slightly outdueling Joe C)...so, I'd love 3 points, but am expecting a split...I'll say 3-2 UNH on Friday and 4-2 (ENG) MC on Saturday.
                    As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

I kind of wish the locations were reversed. I can see us coming off an emotional, wild weekend vs. a big rival, and being flat at home. That would be a tough way to start the weekend, giving the Mack some momentum going back to Lawler. Either way, these teams appear to be poised for some big numbers. As much as I hate to say it... 4-4 Friday, 5-3 (en) to the mack saturday. I hope I'm wrong, as I won't be able to venture back north for live games until the hea semis/finals
                      Last edited by wildcatdc; 02-08-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

ditto

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                          Sorry I didn't see this on the 2nd page, my bad!

Whats the video situation for the game at Lawler?
                          B2TV.com is doing the game at Lawler this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                            I kind of wish the locations were reversed. I can see us coming off an emotional, wild weekend vs. a big rival, and being flat at home. That would be a tough way to start the weekend, giving the Mack some momentum going back to Lawler. Either way, these teams appear to be poised for some big numbers. As much as I hate to say it... 4-4 Friday, 5-3 (en) to the mack saturday. I hope I'm wrong, as I won't be able to venture back north for live games until the hea semis/finals
                            I hope you're right!

I agree, I think the scheduling may favor Merrimack a bit. They should be playing with some confidence, and they know that the last game at the Whittemore was close, and that they could really use the series win. I think there's no sneaking up on anybody anymore, but if they can steal the game on Friday I'd give them good odds to hold the home fort as well on Saturday.

Comment

What are the good places to grab a bite before the game? I've been to Libby's. Any others?

Comment

Working...
                              X