Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #6 UNH, Home and Home with #12 Merrimack, Fri 2/11 Sat 2/12

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
    Haven't thoroughly explored Downtown lately; is Pauly's Pockets still there? They made kick-a** gyros.
    It's still there, although I haven't been in ages. I think they might've cut their hours down too.
    "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
      Question . . .

If I want to attend the game at Lawler, should I get tickets in advance? I never have before - we live 30 minutes from North Andover, so it's always been a spur-of-the-moment trip . . . we haven't decided if we're going but are leaning towards it. Get tickets now, or Saturday night?

Thanks!

~Keith
      I know UNH sold out their allotment before last week.
      UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
        It's still there, although I haven't been in ages. I think they might've cut their hours down too.
        was just there before Saturday's game, it was delicious

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
          Co-sign. You also can't go wrong with any of the three bar/restaurants in town-Libby's, Ballard's, The Knot.
          The Knot is an Irish Pub with good food and Smithwick's. Be sure and tell them (and Ballard's) you're going to the game as the kitchen can be slow. Neither has much for atmosphere, but, hey, it's a college town.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
            I'd also recommend Ballards; pretty good food, all drafts $3 except Guinness which is $4.
            You haven't been to Ballards in a while, then. Guinness is no longer on tap; just the canned variety.
            113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
              What are the good places to grab a bite before the game? I've been to Libby's. Any others?
              As UNH season ticket holders we have tried most of the eating spots in Durham. Liddy's is really the only quality sit down restaurant and it fills quickly if you don't get there really early. The others are what you'd expect from a college town -- so-so food, reasonable prices, hit-or-miss service, not much on atmosphere, sticky-tables, slow when it's busy, etc.

If you are coming up Rte 125 to Durham, stop at Goody Coles BBQ in Brentwood (about mile south of Route 101). Absolutely the best BBQ and huge portions. And service is really quick. It's about half-hour from Durham but it's become our regular stop now on the way to games. And we always have leftovers for a post-game snack.

Comment

Well I hate to interrupt Restaurant Review with hockey talk, but thought I'd interject a lame opinion on this series. I probably fear the Warriors right now far more than Maine. They play extremely well in their own end and have a great goalie. However, unlike the past few years when MC would win or lose every game 2-1 or 3-2, they seem to have found their scoring touch as evidenced by 7-1 wins over Maine and UVM and last weekends 11-2 pasting of UMass. I really think it's going to be imperative for the Cats to get a goal or 2 early and force the Warriors out of their shell. If they let them hang around, it could get ugly.

I do love the way the Cats are playing right now in regards to their 3rd and 4th lines. Unlike the JVR years, this is no one trick pony. Every line is contributing and in fact the third line was probably the best line on the ice for UNH on Saturday. The 4th line is definitely a defensive liability right now, as they really got exposed by Maine on Friday and Saturday.

This should be a great series as the Cats obviously want to stay on top of BC and the Warriors want home ice, plus this is a huge statement series for them. I think the Cats are a step ahead of MC and will take this series, but it's gonna be a real fight.
                Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Making my first trip up to the Whitt in like 9 years tomorrow. Haven't been up there since I was a student. Coming from Billerica, what do you all think is the best time for me to leave? A lot of traffic up that way? If I remember, I take 495 to 95 to 4. Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by 'MackFan View Post
                    Making my first trip up to the Whitt in like 9 years tomorrow. Haven't been up there since I was a student. Coming from Billerica, what do you all think is the best time for me to leave? A lot of traffic up that way? If I remember, I take 495 to 95 to 4. Thanks for the help
                    It depends on when you want to get there!
                    You'll hit some traffic on Rt 4 coming across the bridge towards Dover, but it really shouldn't take more than an hour 15ish...

You can also hop on 101 west from Hampton, and then take 108 up to Durham through Exeter, Stratham and Newmarket, which would avoid the traffic, but you'll hit traffic lights and single lane most of the way so you risk getting stuck behind slowpokes...

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                      It depends on when you want to get there!
                      You'll hit some traffic on Rt 4 coming across the bridge towards Dover, but it really shouldn't take more than an hour 15ish...

You can also hop on 101 west from Hampton, and then take 108 up to Durham through Exeter, Stratham and Newmarket, which would avoid the traffic, but you'll hit traffic lights and single lane most of the way so you risk getting stuck behind slowpokes...
                      Thanks. I want to grab a bit somewhere in Durham...good reviews here....so I'm thinkin of leaving around 430

Comment

Is Scorpions no longer there?

Comment

I scored two tickets to the game Saturday. I also heard from my friend who is a student at MC the game is sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                            I scored two tickets to the game Saturday. I also heard from my friend who is a student at MC the game is sold out.
                            mike mcmann posted that the game is sold out on his blog

Comment

Originally posted by bignick33 View Post
                              Is Scorpions no longer there?
                              Scorpions is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                                The newest story posted on Merrimack's website (carrying a date of 2/11/11 - posted in the future?) says "A very limited number of tickets remain", the story right after it posted 2/10/11 says they are sold out.

Their online ticket site still has tickets available.
                                "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                                Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                                NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                                EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                                AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X