Congrats to BU - 2011 Beanpot Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to BU - 2011 Beanpot Champions

With the results of this year's "BU Invitational" (aka the Beanpot) all but decided, now would be a good time to congratulate the BU players and fans on their win over #1 BC tonight and Harvard/NU next Monday night as well.

The rest of the country will celebrate Grounddog Day, the 2nd Tuesday of February, the day when traditionally BU's season ends unofficially, in due time. But for now, we will let the dogs have their day in the sun and congratulate them on their national championship. Much like the Lombardi Trophy returns home to Green Bay today, the Beanpot returns to where it "belongs" next Monday night and BC fans everywhere appreciate the BU fans letting us "borrow" it for the past year.

CONGRATS TO BU!
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Re: Congrats to BU - 2011 Beanpot Champions

The Terriers are just too much for us to handle.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
      The Terriers are just too much for us to handle.
      Didn't know you were playing. Back in the band again like the good old days.....

Comment

The "Thank You Seniors" chant was touching. I'm surprised Parker poured bourbon into the pot and drank it during the press conference. Seemed a bit over the top. Also, it was surprising that Rene Rancourt screwed up the national anthem, too.

Comment

I think the weather in Yuma has gotten to Mr. Papagiorgio. He may need his required glasses to read the rankings.

Comment

Congrats to Ticketmaster for screwing the general public with a $13 surcharge

Comment

So how much did Jack pay the refs for tonight's game anyway?
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Makes you wonder. I can't believe they waived off that BC goal after the review. What were they looking at???

Comment

I've never seen those mustard colored t-shirts scatter so fast after BU's second goal!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                    I've never seen those mustard colored t-shirts scatter so fast after BU's second goal!
                    T-shirt time was over, what else did you expect?
                    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      So how much did Jack pay the refs for tonight's game anyway?
                      He's a little short of cash this year what with paying off Joe Bertagna to suspend Joey Diamond last week. The timing of that Maine series seriously put a dent in BU's chances this year. You guys may actually squeak this game out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                        Of course they left early, I'm sure they didn't want to get any of that BU facepaint on their tshirts on the crowded subway ride home.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                          Of course they left early, I'm sure they didn't want to get any of that BU facepaint on their tshirts on the crowded subway ride home.
                          I would have thought the reason had more to do with not wanting to rub elbows with people from Baghdad or Beirut, since that seems to be a big worry at your end of the T.
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                            I would have thought the reason had more to do with not wanting to rub elbows with people from Baghdad or Beirut, since that seems to be a big worry at your end of the T.
                            Wait now we have verification glittered up fanboys WILL be in attendance? I thought they all took to the streets of Cairo?

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                              Glad to see you've stopped spinning on the Andy Glass dismissal!

With BU's play of late, I'm wondering if perhaps Parker will sacrifice another lamb come March to see if it will spur the team on another winning streak as the playoffs roll around.

Comment

Working...
                              X