DIII All Americans Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIII All Americans Watch

Someone started this on the men's side, so I figured I would start one on the women's.. just interested to see what everyone thinks!

Re: DIII All Americans Watch

I don't know squat about out west, but will give my 2 cents about the west. And thats all its really worth is two cents because I miss a ton of games because I call the men's games as well.

F Kristin Faber UWEC
    F Katie Flanagan UWRF
    F Sara Luberda CUW
    D Bailey Vikstrom UWRF
    D Kelly Salis AD
    G Danielle Justice GAC

2nd Team
    F Sam Meuwissen CUW
    F Stacey Kempson AD
    F Kait Mason UWRF
    D Kayla Chilstrom UWS
    D Anna Carlson Bethel
    G Cassi Campbell UWRF

I would love to make this all Falcons players, and easily could as I think many of them would be the star on other teams but it is a collective effort of talent at UWRF that makes it work. The whole team should be all-americans as it is rare anyone has a bad shift. That said these are the ones that stand out most in my eyes.

Also I know its mostly NCHA players, but that is who I see the most. I also believe the NCHA has the better teams and players so that is why I lean towards them.
    Last edited by FALCONSANNOUNCER; 02-07-2011, 01:26 AM. Reason: added last graf
    Voice of UWRF Athletics 2007-
    Voice of River Falls High School Athletics 2007-
    Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball-2010
    Eau Claire Express Baseball-2011

Comment

East 1st Team:

F.Sophie Leclerc, Norwich
      F.Sarah Dagg, RIT
      F.Kayte Holtz, Bowdoin
      D.Geneva Lloyd, Amherst (If she's even playing D now, I know she's been used as a forward and d)
      D.Kara Buehler, Plattsburgh
      G.Laura Chamberlain, RIT

East 2nd Team-

F.Tori Charron, Elmira
      F.Katie Stack, RIT
      F.Steph Moon, Plattsburgh
      D.Traci Galbraith, RIT
      D.Laura Komarek, Trinity
      G.Lexi Bloom, Middlebury
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by FALCONSANNOUNCER View Post
        F Kristin Faber UWEC
        F Katie Flanagan UWRF
        F Sara Luberda CUW
        D Bailey Vikstrom UWRF
        D Kelly Salis AD
        G Danielle Justice GAC

2nd Team
        F Sam Meuwissen CUW
        F Stacey Kempson AD
        F Kait Mason UWRF
        D Kayla Chilstrom UWS
        D Anna Carlson Bethel
        G Cassi Campbell UWRF
        The west generally only gets one team, which makes it even harder. I'd be pretty surprised if any of your top 5 get in there except maybe Justice and Faber

A lot of this will come down to points, and Flanagan only has 15 on the year. The best shot River Falls will have is Mason and she only has 19 points. I'd love to see Faber get in there because she deserves it, she's been the star of the UWEC team since she walked thru the doors as a freshman. She has a pretty decent shot as she has the 6th most points in the west behind 3 players from Concordia-Moorhead of all places and 2 from Stevens Point. She has 25 points on the year so far, 106 career in 97 games.

My guess
        F Kristen Faber UWEC
        F Stacy Kempson Adrian
        F Emily Sell CM
        D Kristen Peterson(i'd be really surprised if she doesn't despite her lower numbers this year) GAC
        D Lauren Conrad RF
        G Casi Campbell(based more on record than other stats, could be either her or justice though, Campbell's only played 560 mins compared to Justice's 960 also, so I could see it swinging Jusices way on that as well.

I'd love to see Chilstrom get it from UWS, but there are better defender stats on teams like Bethel, St Kate, and Adrian, but i don't know if those players would get recognized for not being from as well known of a school.
        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

GoJ I agree with you that Justice will get it over Campbell based on the fact that she has played so much more than her.

Also I watched the Falls/Superior game online sunday and it looked like Chilstrom was playing forward?

I think it's time they start thinking about introducing a second team for the west

Comment

I am pretty sure they said last year at the banquet that the west would have two (2) teams this season.
            4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
            SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
              I am pretty sure they said last year at the banquet that the west would have two (2) teams this season.
              I believe this is correct. The addition of St. Norbert and St. Scholastica pushed the west to the required number of teams for a second.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Emi Williams, SR goalie from Oswego deserves more than just honorable mention as an All-American

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
                  Emi Williams, SR goalie from Oswego deserves more than just honorable mention as an All-American
                  I agree 100% but I don't know if her numbers are going to get her enough notice.

I listed her as a Mid-season All-American but with the way Lexi Bloom has played for Middlebury in the second half, I don't know if you can leave her off.

Williams has been essential to Oswego's break out season this year and you're right she probably does deserve more credit. However, she's going to have her hands full just trying to get on the ECAC West all-conference squads with Chamberlain, Mackrell, and Sullivan all having claims to it as well.

Do I think Williams should get it? Absolutely. But, will she? That's a different story unfortuantely. It's just the way these things work unfortunately.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PassShootScore10 View Post
                    GoJ I agree with you that Justice will get it over Campbell based on the fact that she has played so much more than her.

Also I watched the Falls/Superior game online sunday and it looked like Chilstrom was playing forward?

I think it's time they start thinking about introducing a second team for the west
                    The roster on the UWS page has her listed as a forward, the one on collegehockeystats has her listed as D, so I'd assume she's a forward. I think she was a D in the past.
                    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      I believe this is correct. The addition of St. Norbert and St. Scholastica pushed the west to the required number of teams for a second.
                      thats good, about time. I think that would definitely put Justice as the first team and campbell as the 2nd team

My 2nd team west would be
                      F Erin Marvin SP
                      F Sarah Luberda CUW
                      F Either Kaitlyn Dold from Concordia or Michaela Michaelson St Kate
                      D Megan Langhe St Kate
                      D Kelly Salis Adrian (Peterson could get 2nd team now)
                      G Cassi Campbell RF
                      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                        thats good, about time. I think that would definitely put Justice as the first team and campbell as the 2nd team

My 2nd team west would be
                        F Erin Marvin SP
                        F Sarah Luberda CUW
                        F Either Kaitlyn Dold from Concordia or Michaela Michaelson St Kate
                        D Megan Langhe St Kate
                        D Kelly Salis Adrian (Peterson could get 2nd team now)
                        G Cassi Campbell RF
                        looks like your just going off stats. There are many players out there that do so much for their team and don't get talked about. I guess you really need to follow the team to see what a great player brings. I should start a thread for these type of players. Do they kill penalties are they on the power play do they back check? These re the players that make a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by westeast View Post
                          looks like your just going off stats. There are many players out there that do so much for their team and don't get talked about. I guess you really need to follow the team to see what a great player brings. I should start a thread for these type of players. Do they kill penalties are they on the power play do they back check? These re the players that make a good team.
                          You're right, I am going mainly off stats, but unfortunately thats what gets them there. Especially the defenseman..its hard to guage a good defensemen vs a decent one that puts up better numbers. How many of the All-American voters have seen CUW play this year, or hamline, bethel etc.

Every Once in awhile there is a surprise in there, but usually these players come from the top teams in the region, and the top stats.

Didn't a girl from bethel get All-American last year, which I thought was surprising, because thats not a common team you hear people talk about.
                          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

You're right, I am going mainly off stats, but unfortunately thats what gets them there. Especially the defenseman..its hard to guage a good defensemen vs a decent one that puts up better numbers. How many of the All-American voters have seen CUW play this year, or hamline, bethel etc.

Every Once in awhile there is a surprise in there, but usually these players come from the top teams in the region, and the top stats.

Didn't a girl from bethel get All-American last year, which I thought was surprising, because thats not a common team you hear people talk about.
                            When it comes to forwards I agree with you.

However, since a lot of the good teams in the West play each other over the course of the year. All the coaches have the opportunity to see the who are the best players and sometimes, especially on defense, it's about who plays better defense rather than just who put up the most points.

Certainly points have something to do with it for both positions, but there have been years on both the men and women's side where kids with mediocre "stats" as defenseman have been named AA because of their defensive play.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

I think a few years back Bethel had a goalie named Spurrier or something like that, but last years West Team:

UWS - Goalie
                              LF - Def
                              GAC - Def
                              LF - F
                              GAC - F
                              SCU - F
                              Last edited by 123kidd; 02-09-2011, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X