Ohio State at Michigan feb 11 and 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State at Michigan feb 11 and 12

Neither team is lighting it up as far as wins go the last couple of weeks. Ohio state did win last night at home and earn a split against the spartans and michgian got swept at miami. You know that Michigan will flying at home coming off being swept. This series is important to both teams for different reasons. For Michgian they need to get back on track if they want to win the league title and losing a game at home to the bucks could be costly. For Ohio state its improtant to try and move up in the standings and get home ice in the first round and maybe even set themsleves up for a 5th place finish and first round bye.

Re: Ohio State at Michigan feb 11 and 12

pretty quiet on here. should be a fun series, the 2 games in columbus were great games maybe the best pair of games they have played in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      pretty quiet on here. should be a fun series
      Yes and Yes.

I would love to see Michigan come out flying on Friday, but UM still has a dismal record in the Friday night tilts. Of course, they have lost the last two Saturdays in a row.

How is OSU this year. I was never impressed with the disipline level that Markell's teams would display. It always seemed that there was a lot of after the whistle dust-ups under him. It could be attributed to the rival factor.

It should be noted that Michigan is not blameless in this, I am just saying that when UM and OSU met, there were a lot of extras.
      Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
        Yes and Yes.

I would love to see Michigan come out flying on Friday, but UM still has a dismal record in the Friday night tilts. Of course, they have lost the last two Saturdays in a row.

How is OSU this year. I was never impressed with the disipline level that Markell's teams would display. It always seemed that there was a lot of after the whistle dust-ups under him. It could be attributed to the rival factor.

It should be noted that Michigan is not blameless in this, I am just saying that when UM and OSU met, there were a lot of extras.
        The discpline level is much better than markell's teams would display at times. I would agree that the post whistle stuff can be attributed to the rivarly especially when both teams have something to play for. I have been impressed with coach OZ and his style of play all year. They have played hard all year in every game unlike years past when getting behind and just quitting. They do sometimes take the stupid penalty at the wrong time especially early on in the year and it cost them a couple of games. Heeter has been very good all year long and took the reigns in net. He has played almost every minute of the year and played well. He has beat michigan miami and notre dame each once. I look forward to all my trips to yost i love it there the atmosphere is great.

Comment

Go buckeyes go.
          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

I look forward to all my trips to yost i love it there the atmosphere is great.
            One of the things I like best about Yost is the atmosphere they generate there for their team, you have to admire that. It's an old building where their basketball team played long ago. I've known some good Michigan fans there and I've known instances where some of the obnoxious ones have thrown stuff from behind at anyone wearing OSU colors. For the most part it's been positive experiences there not counting games we've lost of course. Once prior to faceoff a group of UM students by the glass started chanting "Columbus sucks, Columbus sucks" when two OSU students above them jumped up and started chanting "26-20, 26-20" which of course was that years football score which UM lost. A great comeback without being vulgar. When I do go to Yost I hit the back concourse right away, the combined smell of the coffee bar and roasting glazed almonds is irresistible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              When I do go to Yost I hit the back concourse right away, the combined smell of the coffee bar and roasting glazed almonds is irresistible.
              The coffee bar is gone. Replaced with a Tim Hortons. The almonds are still there, but be prepared to pay $4.00 for a 20 oz bottle of Coke.
              Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

The coffee bar is gone. Replaced with a Tim Hortons. The almonds are still there, but be prepared to pay $4.00 for a 20 oz bottle of Coke.
                That may be a good price compared to what I see coming. I appreciate Mr. Brandon's efforts to upgrade the Yost Experience, (new digital scoreboard funding has been approved for Yost, Crisler and Michigan Stadium, yeah replays) and a long study is being conducted to improve the corridors, concessions and bleacher seating. BUT, I don't want to pay $40.00 for a seat, and I don't want $7.50 Cokes for the upgrades. My season tix are affordable where they are at- and I don't care if we don't have a cushy environment.

As far as this weekend- Michigan fans are apprehensive about what effects a three game slide will cause. The team has shown the propensity for bouncing back from less than stellar efforts- but this type of slide, coming off of a 9-1 run, is perplexing. Miami is a good team, shut down our offense pretty much and exploited our special teams and any type of defensive mistake we made. Cue the standard "we got screwed by officials" theme in Oxford, too.

Berenson is mixing the lines up at practice this week hoping to find some offense. Hogan apparently is healthy enough to return, but Hunwick's play is keeping him on the bench. Defensive play from both the blue liners and the forwards has to improve, even though OSU is not Miami. They did do something that Michigan didn't do- sweep a top opponent. I am cautious that Michigan will be better focused and aim to execute better, but I won't be surprised if these teams split again.

Comment

The coffee bar is gone? Man that stinks! I got a really neat souvenier cup there once that had those reflective scenes that changed when you changed the angle. My wife immediately stole it from me as since she was born in Detroit she thinks any Michigan stuff I come by is automatically hers. lol! I certainly won't make any predictions on the games, both teams are capable of winning depending of course on which team shows up, the one that plays great or the one that's slumping but the edge has to go to UM playing in their house. Ohio State at least this time has the benefit of Oz having played Michigan already so he's not going into this weekend not certain how he's going to match up as has been the case before being new to the conference.
                  Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-09-2011, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Whats the parking like up at yost? I remember 2 yrs ago we had to park at Crisler.

Comment

Whats the parking like up at yost? I remember 2 yrs ago we had to park at Crisler.
                      It has only gotten worse. Most of the lot between the track/IM building is now blocked off for the high rollers in the suites. They won't even let you go to the lot between Schembechler and Yost, as it is reserved for handicapped parking (aside from the fact that they won't let my mother, who has a handicap hang tag, down there half the time.)

Also, on Saturday, there is a men's b-ball game at 4:00, so parking at Cridler might be sketchy.

Comment

It has only gotten worse. Most of the lot between the track/IM building is now blocked off for the high rollers in the suites. They won't even let you go to the lot between Schembechler and Yost, as it is reserved for handicapped parking (aside from the fact that they won't let my mother, who has a handicap hang tag, down there half the time.)

Also, on Saturday, there is a men's b-ball game at 4:00, so parking at Cridler might be sketchy.
                        so should i just by pass the lot that sits between the baseball and track stadiums and go right to crislier? For saturday with the basketball game starting at 4 are they going to let us park back there or will we have to go somewhere else? Thanks for your help on this.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          I appreciate Mr. Brandon's efforts to upgrade the Yost Experience, (new digital scoreboard funding has been approved for Yost, Crisler and Michigan Stadium, yeah replays) and a long study is being conducted to improve the corridors, concessions and bleacher seating.
                          I can see the new scoreboard but what can they really improve upon that wasn't done during the last upgrade? Given the buildings age and size it would seem obvious that there are limits to what can be done to upgrade. I agree with Streaker that as a fan you don't want your loyalty tested with outrageous ticket prices to cover things that may not really be necessary. I never heard any fans complaining they want Yost changed or made more comfy. The atmosphere there is unique and if I were a Michigan fan I wouldn't want it changed for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            I never heard any fans complaining they want Yost changed or made more comfy. The atmosphere there is unique and if I were a Michigan fan I wouldn't want it changed for anything.
                            Tru dat. Yost has provided many great memories over the past 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                              Tru dat. Yost has provided many great memories over the past 20 years.
                              Especially the 1997-98 West Regional.

Comment

Working...
                              X