D-III All-Americans Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-III All-Americans Watch

As per usual in February of every season, I'll fire this thread up again.

I'll only do Eastern teams since those are the teams I have watched most and are most familiar with. If someone would like to do the west, by all means ago ahead and do it.

Here's my picks right now for the All-Americans. I'll update this list every week if I feel it needs to be changed etc.

East 1st Team:

F.Josh Harris, Castleton
    F.Daniel Weiniger, Bowdoin
    F.Kevin Willer/Darcy Vallaincourt, Elmira (I can't decide which!)
    D.Kyle Shearer-Hardy, Bowdoin
    D.Joe Houk, Hamilton
    G.Paul Beckwith, Oswego

East 2nd Team:

F.Jordan Oye, Fredonia
    F.Eric Satim, Plattsburgh
    F.Jeremiah Ketts, Johnson & Wales
    D.Paul Conter, Southern Maine
    D.Danny Scagnelli, Geneseo
    G.Ryan Purdy, Williams

Those are the picks for this week.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: D-III All-Americans Watch

Good call on adding Conter. He is a threat to go end to end every time he touches the puck.

Comment

East 1st team:
      F Ian Boots - Oswego
      F Eric Satim - Plattsburgh State
      F Darcy Vaillancourt - Elmira
      D Kyle Shearer-Hardy - Bowdoin
      D Greg Eskedjian - Norwich
      G Paul Beckwith - Oswego

East 2nd team:
      F Jordan Oye - Fredonia
      F Josh Harris - Castelton
      F Daniel Weiniger - Bowdoin
      D Paul Conter - Southern Maine
      D Danny Scagnelli - Geneseo
      G Ryan Purdy - Williams

Comment

Where's the love for Kyle Thomas? Every game I've seen so far has shown him to be the premier skater on the ice. His forechecking is also fun to watch. Also, (I hate to admit it), but Drolet from Middlebury deserves a spot, too.
        Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
          Where's the love for Kyle Thomas? Every game I've seen so far has shown him to be the premier skater on the ice. His forechecking is also fun to watch. Also, (I hate to admit it), but Drolet from Middlebury deserves a spot, too.
          Kyle Thomas has to be there somewhere! Probably first team!
          Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Cappodano SSC ??
            Real Life is drawing without an eraser.

Comment

Looking at Oswego, Norwich, and Plattsburgh only Ian Boots, Eric Satim and Scott Schroeder were in the top 30 of D3 scoring stats. All are outstanding all around players and don't have many easy games to pad there stats. You got to impressed by Castleton having 3 players in the top 30, John Harris (#1), Stuart stefan (#2), and Justin Alanzo (#24). Kyle Thomas 3 goal game against Middlebury was the most dominate by a single player I have seen this year.
              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

I've said it for a few years now but i think Plattsburgh Eric Satim has always been well overlooked. He probably has some of the best mitts in the country, I absolutely love watching him play. Ever since his freshman year he has been dominant for the Cards. This year especially, nearly 50% of his goals are game winners, 2nd best in the nation.

The Kyle Thomas domination vs Midd was absolutely incredible too!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                  There is no doubt that Kyle Thomas has the tools to dominate absolute anyone in the country and the Middlebury game was a prime example. He was a man possessed on the ice. It was one of the finest single-game performances I've ever seen. Literally every time he touched the puck you knew something good was going to happen.

However, Thomas:

A. Doesn't have the numbers right now to get that recognition from coaches who aren't in the Interlock and can see him play.
                  B. Has been inconsistent this season. Granted I know he's been a little banged up at times too.

Now, if Kyle keeps this up over the last four games of the regular season and has a good playoffs, maybe he can get his name up there. But, right now, trying to stay objective, I don't see it..
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Eric Satim doesn't have the numbers to be a first-team All-American. Sure, he's got great hands and skill, but how many other teams that Plattsburgh doesn't play know that? I think both Vaillancourt AND Willer should get the nod, but if I had to pick one, I'd probably pick Willer.

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                      Eric Satim doesn't have the numbers to be a first-team All-American. Sure, he's got great hands and skill, but how many other teams that Plattsburgh doesn't play know that? I think both Vaillancourt AND Willer should get the nod, but if I had to pick one, I'd probably pick Willer.
                      Not to sure about that... Satim has 3-4 points less than those two...so i dont realllllllyyy think it comes down to numbers. Satim has great numbers, and like i said the 5 gwg is an important number to me. It shows that he's not just scoring late meaningless goals hes scoring goals at crucial times when his team needs them. Don't get me wrong Vaillancourt is right up there. Satim really jumped out at me during the primelink shootout where I think he just dominated, and earned tournament MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by theburgh View Post
                        Not to sure about that... Satim has 3-4 points less than those two...so i dont realllllllyyy think it comes down to numbers. Satim has great numbers, and like i said the 5 gwg is an important number to me. It shows that he's not just scoring late meaningless goals hes scoring goals at crucial times when his team needs them. Don't get me wrong Vaillancourt is right up there. Satim really jumped out at me during the primelink shootout where I think he just dominated, and earned tournament MVP.
                        Regardless I'm sure we will see them both on the 1 and 2 list come seasons end.

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                          Satim may not make first team for the reasons you outlined but there is no reason why he shouldn't make the second team, especially since he should be up there in the SUNYAC POTY race.

Also,

historically, it seems like every year, no matter what the numbers are a player from each of Plattsburgh, Norwich, and Middlebury is a lock for an All-American slot.
                          Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 02-06-2011, 12:44 PM.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm missing this push for Kyle Thomas as AA.
                            Saw him play against St.A's and he wasn't one of three best Norwich players on the ice.
                            I'm not sure, from what I saw that he was better than Tucker Mullin another sophomore, at St.A's.
                            Maybe his time will come, but not this year.

Comment

Here are some easy western selections

Scott Lewan (Fr) - G - (UWRF) 963 minutes 2.24 GAA .932 SV% 508 saves
                              Branden Gay (Sr) - F - (UWS) 12G 13A 25 PTS 6PP 1SH 2GWG +7
                              Garrett Suter (Sr) - D- (UWSP) 5G 12A 17 PTS 2PP 1SH 2GWG 1HAT -3
                              WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
                              NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
                              WIAC Championships: 10-11
                              NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
                              NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Working...
                              X