Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (2/11, 2/12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (2/11, 2/12)

As a Colgate fan, this is the way I see my team:

Colgate is a team that plays hard and will not make a game a cakewalk to any team not named St. Lawrence, but that just simply does not know or has forgotten how to win.

After Saturday, maybe the lost memories of how they got to 12 ECAC wins last year is returning. But then again, we've owned Clarkson ever since the QF series. 6-0-2 since we lost game 1.

Given how good RPI and Union are this year, however, I don't have much hope for this weekend. I'd be happy with a point. Especially with how terrible we've been at Messachilles as of late. That rink's becoming just like Appleton and Lynah for us.
    Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Strategy against Colgate: Pretend like it's the Governor's Cup.

Have we even had a game yet where we've actually played 60 minutes?
      I recall a few in 1985 and a couple up in Lake Placid at the end of 1995
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
        As a Colgate fan, this is the way I see my team:

Colgate is a team that plays hard and will not make a game a cakewalk to any team not named St. Lawrence, but that just simply does not know or has forgotten how to win.

After Saturday, maybe the lost memories of how they got to 12 ECAC wins last year is returning. But then again, we've owned Clarkson ever since the QF series. 6-0-2 since we lost game 1.

Given how good RPI and Union are this year, however, I don't have much hope for this weekend. I'd be happy with a point. Especially with how terrible we've been at Messachilles as of late. That rink's becoming just like Appleton and Lynah for us.
        Here's wishing you all the luck in the world-in Schenectady. And as much trouble as possible in Troy.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Just got a phone call from (presumably) the HFH box office reminding me that Saturday's game has a 3:30pm start instead of the 7pm start.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
            Just got a phone call from (presumably) the HFH box office reminding me that Saturday's game has a 3:30pm start instead of the 7pm start.
            They called all the ticket holders?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
              I don't have my tickets in front of me; was the time misprinted on the ticket? I could see that to be the only reason HFH would call the ticket holders...

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                I recall a few in 1985 and a couple up in Lake Placid at the end of 1995
                The game at the Whale last season was also a 60 minute effort. I meant this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  I don't have my tickets in front of me; was the time misprinted on the ticket? I could see that to be the only reason HFH would call the ticket holders...
                  Remember, the time was changed for the Cornell game to accomodate broadcasting on the NHL Network: http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...015103546.aspx

Given that the change was made once the season had already started, it wasn't so much a misprint as an in-season schedule change. I'm guessing phonecalls weren't made for the BU game because that announcement was close enough to the actual game that the box office didn't think it was necessary.

Comment

Stop me if you've heard this one before:

From the Union Hockey twitter account - Friday night's game vs. Cornell at Messa Rink will be a Whiteout! Wear white to the game!
                    APBWiki

Comment

Imitation is the biggest form of flattery. As long as both programs dominate Cornell who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                        Stop me if you've heard this one before:

From the Union Hockey twitter account - Friday night's game vs. Cornell at Messa Rink will be a Whiteout! Wear white to the game!

Comment

I seriously doubt you guys understand how good Cornell has been recently given that you're all talking about Colgate. Calling Cornell for a 3 pt weekend this weekend with a win in Troy and a tie in Messa

Comment

css,

I think they all understand it. That's why they're saying that they can't look ahead to Cornell before playing Colgate. I think Union wins Friday, though. They're just looking too good. I see Cornell sweeping the season series with RPI though.
                            Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by css228 View Post
                              I seriously doubt you guys understand how good Cornell has been recently given that you're all talking about Colgate. Calling Cornell for a 3 pt weekend this weekend with a win in Troy and a tie in Messa
                              Seeing how they beat us pretty good a few weeks back and all of a sudden they are right behind us in the standings, and they always seem to be near the top this time of year, we understand. All you need to do is look at the standings to figure that out. Also aware that they came back from down 3-1 vs. SLU to win 4-3 in OT on Saturday.

We also understand that this is an extremely competitive league from top to bottom which is why we are talking about Colgate FIRST, seeing how we play them FIRST, and they are coming off their first win. Its called not looking ahead. But you also need to understand that over the last few weeks, we haven't been too shabby either, and have only lost once at home this year.
                              Last edited by DavidSec17; 02-07-2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

It's not like the whiteout was original when RPI did it for the first time.

Comment

Working...
                                X