Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
    trouble "up in vermont" was unfortunately in orono...
    My bad. But still, my point holds.
    We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
    ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
    --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      This Merrimack team became very frustrated with Maine's defense and started displaying "goon tendencies". Maine wasn't innocent, but much of it was instigated by Merrimack after the whistle. I was very disappointed in the character of a few Merrimack players. I hadn't seen them play before. The shot by Bigos on Nyquist was totally uncalled for. Gustav didn't come back into the game. This hockey game was one of the more physical games I have seen this year with skirmishes after almost every whistle. Merrimack played hard, they didn't "lie down like dogs" for Maine.
      As you say Maine wasn't innocent and to be truthful GLAD to see it...sticking up for each other....as a TEAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        As you say Maine wasn't innocent and to be truthful GLAD to see it...sticking up for each other....as a TEAM.
        Great Game !! Thought the team really gelled by giving it back and not being intimidated. So un-timmy like. Also the team took it in stride beating the the #4 team in the country as if they were definately superior !! A real confidense booster. Amazing what a couple of key saves by Sully can do for a team !

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
          My bad. But still, my point holds.
          agreed...

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            I figured that much...good smart move if so...they did say he would be checked over today....just in case is my guess as he did take a shot...
            bangor daily news called it a "minor head injury"

mild concussion? who knows.... it's ridiculous.... will be interesting to see if bertagna reviews it and gives any supplemental discipline in addition to the DQ

Comment

bangor daily news called it a "minor head injury"

mild concussion? who knows.... it's ridiculous.... will be interesting to see if bertagna reviews it and gives any supplemental discipline in addition to the DQ
              Agreed on the part this should be looked into by the League if Nyquist is out because of it...and NOT just because it's Nyquist but if any Player from any Team gets that done it should be looked at...imo.

Comment

According to many here on this thread, the league only takes action when Jack Parker tells them to.

Bigos has been a buffoon for a while now. Nothing new here. I laughed when I saw he got DQed. Hope Merrimack gets smoked again tonight. Would help out BC and will maybe keep Timmay around for a few more years (and we might see some "Maine's back!" headlines around here tomorrow morning for the 11th time in the last 11 months which is always a hoot).
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by RATIBB View Post
                  The box score said game dsq...
                  Where can I find the box score on-line? USCHO only puts up the scores, not the full box score.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

@Uncle: goblackbears.com and collegehockeystats.net

@Carmine: I'll be here to point and laugh.

I see an internet meme in the making. Pulling a Whitehead = losing when it matters for the team, but winning when it matters for you.
                    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

not sure if there is any news, but y understanding is that he skated off under his own power... i think he didn't return b/c the game was in hand and merrimack was gooning it up...
                      He did skate off under his own power. He was definitely out of it for a while, but when he came to, he was able to get up and skate off in a fairly short amount of time. The one time I've had a head injury - crashed while cycling w/o helmet - everything went blank, and when I came to, a bunch of people were standing around me, looking down. I was able to get right up and walk off, but I was definitely out for a few moments, and I wasn't really right for about 24 hours.
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                        Great Game !! Thought the team really gelled by giving it back and not being intimidated. So un-timmy like. Also the team took it in stride beating the the #4 team in the country as if they were definately superior !! A real confidense booster. Amazing what a couple of key saves by Sully can do for a team !
                        You're absolutely right, Maine was not intimidated. The team rallied around one another and came in to defend their team mates on every skirmish, particularly when Nyquist took that "cheap shot" from Bigos.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          According to many here on this thread, the league only takes action when Jack Parker tells them to.
                          You beat me to it. Whitehead is no Parker sooooo no review.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                            @Uncle: goblackbears.com and collegehockeystats.net

@Carmine: I'll be here to point and laugh.

I see an internet meme in the making. Pulling a Whitehead = losing when it matters for the team, but winning when it matters for you.
                            We've seen that more than once.

Ray: Also can find box scores at

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
                              You beat me to it. Whitehead is no Parker sooooo no review.
                              Not to mention, Bertagna will blabber some crap like "the referee already assessed the harshest penalty he could, he made the correct call, so no further discipline is required".

makes you wonder, when the team can put in such an effort like they did last night, just how good they could be. And why we haven't seen that sort of display more often. Funny how we always seem to get one in the last couple weeks of the season, like last year in the HE tourney.
                              Last edited by rufus; 02-26-2011, 03:25 PM.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                                Pulling a Whitehead = losing when it matters for the team, but winning when it matters for you.

This may be true. I don't think it's intentional but I think he coaches better when he has a fire lit under his *****. I think we may have seen a better season this year if he hadn't been resigned and had to worry about getting rehired by the results of this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X