Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Maybe we need to start calling that sports call in show on wzon from 4-6. Dale Duff is no contractualy tied to maine sports any more I think they would let us speak our 2 cents on timmy
    Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
      Maybe we need to start calling that sports call in show on wzon from 4-6. Dale Duff is no contractualy tied to maine sports any more I think they would let us speak our 2 cents on timmy
      Exactly, enough apathy! Radio, editorials, letters, signs, chants. I am a so called "Timmay Appologist" no more. This season was his best and last shot at redemption in my book. Where is the progress? Maine hockey is slowly eroding into the abyss.
      Last edited by MEpucknut; 02-05-2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MEpucknut View Post
        Exactly, enough apathy! Radio, editorials, letters, signs, chants. I am a so called "Timmay Appologist" no more. This season was his best and last shot at redemption in my book. Where is the progress? Maine hockey is slowly eroding into the abyss.

Next year they will probably raise ticket prices and promote something like "come watch maine battle for a playoff spot in hockey east"!
        Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Found this gem on google who ever said a slow decline wins the cake

this is from here back in 2007

http://board.uscho.com/archive/index.php/t-55625.html
          Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
            MC has two with UNH and two at Maine. If Maine takes both games, then they're tied but Maine wins the tiebreaker. Obviously Maine has to win those two, but if they do, they have the much easier schedule. Plus, MC is not nearly as on the road.
            I sincerely commend your optimism.(That was me,three years ago...)

I was leery of the D/goaltending situation before the season started,then was lulled into a false sense of hope early on...Clearly,I had it right in the first place,for once.

I'm thinking the young D will be OK eventually,but Maine HAS to find solid 'tending,or all the baby-steps they've taken over the past two years will matter not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
              Agree. They're missing the mental edge and that comes from their coach.

It seems like these guys are always pressing, couldn't pull a collective toothpick out of their collective butts.

Not sure what you do after last night, wouldn't blame the guys if they just rolled over, work hard enough to win only to miss a chip shot and have a goalie let in a goal that never ever should have gone in. That has to hurt and their is no doubt it leaves a mark to be seen in later games. How can you ever trust that goalie again, I don't see it after UNHs 4 and 5th goals.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                You think that Maine is going undefeated from here on out????.....lol.

Maine = 6-8-3 since Nov.19th

Merrimack = 15-3 since Nov.19th
                Besides MC, Maine has 2 at UMass, 2 at UML and 2 at home vs VT. If you sweep MC, then you can probably still lose 1 or 2 of those other 6 and still get 4th place and home ice. If you can't beat UMass and Lowell, we probably shouldn't be even having this conversation...

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  *****http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQW6YFfTifS331i2pxxSY50VKNV6yKZf El4aKKHgLDtx5UdkD17eg&t=1******

Wonder what great comments I may have missed due to the board meltdown.

Anyway, last night's result was solely due to Maine's abysmal play in their own defensive zone. Just absolutely pathetic, UNH forwards skating right down the slot with no defender anywhere near them. They did better in the second, but fell apart again in the third. If TIMMAY wants to stress defense and protecting his goaliies, as he's always talking about, perhaps he might want to consider getting someone who can teach his players how to play it? And while he's at it, he can find himself a goaltender coach too. Aww heck, might as well go find a new head coach while he's at it, cause the current one just ain't getting things done.

On the positive side, Nyquist simplifies his game, keeps the Hopsoning to a minimum, at least for the first two periods, and has his best game in months. Surely that can't be a coincidence. The whole team did a great job in the first of moving the puck around and generating high quality chances, but in the second, went right back to blasting everything from the way outside.

Best team, on paper, we've had at Maine in years, and Timid Tim is gonna squander everything they've got and get nothing for it. At this point, it loks like an opening round HE game on the road, and given this teams' road record this season, not a source for optimism. And out of the NCAA's for what, four straight years now?

Heckuva job TIMMAY. Hope you're enjoying that shiny new contract extension. Most coaches have to earn those.
                  Could not have said it better - I am NOT jumping off the bandwagon. It defies logic to keep Timbo on a payroll - one of the highest in the state at that. I NO LONGER will make the trip to ORONO from Eliot to see this guy bon the bench, pretending to be a coach his statement :"....I am up to the challenge..." He couldn't lead charge up an anthill. Move over Timbo and let Cork lead the way - he knows "the system" better than you. Better yet, give Jim Montgomery a call, he's at RPI, and that would give us a Tri-Fecta on the bench : Corkum, Kerluk, Montgomery -- oh my....

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                    MC has two with UNH and two at Maine. If Maine takes both games, then they're tied but Maine wins the tiebreaker. Obviously Maine has to win those two, but if they do, they have the much easier schedule. Plus, MC is not nearly as on the road.
                    I thought the Mack was fivepoints ahead of Maine in the standings now?

And the Mack's got two more games against UMass who they just Umiliated, and two more against PC. Maine's pretty much gotta win out the rest of the season, but they've got two against Umass on the road, and given their road woes, and their woes at Umass, it's not a comforting thought. And they've still got to take both from the Mack at the Alfond.

They lose one of them, and unless the Mack absolutely tanks it the rest of the way, home ice is out of reach. And a first round HE matchup on the road against BU or the Mack isn't very comforting either.

Here's a pic of Whitehead behind the bench.

*****http://images.quizilla.com/G/GR/GRE/greedymoney72/1143247407_ures1timmy.jpg******
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I wonder if BobF is an internet nutcase yet?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        I thought the Mack was fivepoints ahead of Maine in the standings now?
                        They are, Maine doesn't control anything any more. The chances of them beating a better team twice at home is slim as evidenced by this whole seasons body of work. Also the chances of them beating UMass twice at home is slim also. Generally Maine gets crushed at Amherst

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Generally Maine gets crushed at Amherst
                          That trend didn't begin until Tim was put in charge.
                          Buzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                            not that is matters but when is sully coming back?
                            I think it matters.

As of last Saturday night after the game, he was still favoring his leg a little bit, but that could have been from wearing a brace. There was talk that he could have been back for BU. I have a gut feeling he'll be ready for this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBear8 View Post
                              That trend didn't begin until Tim was put in charge.
                              Not really. Walshy's teams had some tough goes at Amherst as well.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

why was Diamond not dressed for last night's game? I thought he was only suspended for Friday's contest? I looked but didn't see anything anywhere on the subject..

Comment

Working...
                                X