Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    Way to go Timmay!

Stay forever.
    I know you're just trying to be an *** but I'll bite :P

by saying: yes! Physicality, commraderity, and creativity are certainly staple adjectives of the Whitehead era -- so this was pure Tim-style hockey on display tonight, people!

Comment

Originally posted by RATIBB View Post
      The box score said game dsq...
      Thanks. hadn't looked at the boxscore yet. Also, the student section was almost full and they were letting the goal tenders for Merrimack hear it as usual. Only a few Merrimack fans made the trip. I'm sure the storm kept them away.

Comment

Originally posted by dmjossel View Post
        The thing that bugs me, really, is that a team that doesn't routinely get blue chip prospects, but finds a diamond in the rough-- who is likely undrafted-- gets no protection whatsoever; any team can pursue that undrafted player and sign him. So the team that found and/or developed such a player gets any number of teams making him offers, while a blue chip draft choice only has one.
        Yeah;that's the worst.The school does all the work to find such a player,but the NHL can pluck him out at will just to see if he can cut it,then sh#t-can him if he doesn't.There is no reason not to do this,under the current CBA.(See:Sweetland.)

The NFL and the NBA play nice with the NCAA,because those organizations are smart enough to realize that the collegiate-level popularity of any given sport grows the game at the next level.

The NHL,on the other hand,treats the college game as its whore...It's a disgrace in ethical terms,and really stupid and short-sighted in a business sense,too.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-26-2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Maine did there jobs tonight..offense/defense/goaltending.

Comment

watching nhl network and ben bishop had 39 saves in a 5-0 shutout win tonight for st louis... first career shutout

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
              Bigos received a game disqualification
              This made me chuckle. This guy is a total hack. Game gets out of hand, he goes nuts.
              time to write new history

Comment

This is what happens when you play D as a team. MC had 1 shot on goal in the 1st. Wish I would have been there. Maine moved to 18 in PWR, still on the outside looking in. Congrats to Sully once again.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

sounds like they played well, now I'm really bummed I had to stay home due to lack of baby sitter

Comment

Congrats Maine -- 3 shutouts in a row, and a combined score of 15-2 since the trouble up in Vermont -- very impressive. (And thanks for the help against MC.)
                    We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                    ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                    --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      This is what happens when you play D as a team. MC had 1 shot on goal in the 1st. Wish I would have been there. Maine moved to 18 in PWR, still on the outside looking in. Congrats to Sully once again.
                      Your are right.."IF" they play TEAM D/blocked shots/sticks in the passing lane and keep it simple,short passes and get decent goaltending then this TEAM can beat anyone and with that said if they don't then they can beat themseleves also....good job last night....AND any NEW's on Nyquist..? Total Cheap Shot put on him last night...but Merrimack has played rough to Border line dirty hockey all season long,call it chippy but ask around they have played this way all season long,hopefully Maine makes them pay when they hit the Penalty Box....

Comment

This Merrimack team became very frustrated with Maine's defense and started displaying "goon tendencies". Maine wasn't innocent, but much of it was instigated by Merrimack after the whistle. I was very disappointed in the character of a few Merrimack players. I hadn't seen them play before. The shot by Bigos on Nyquist was totally uncalled for. Gustav didn't come back into the game. This hockey game was one of the more physical games I have seen this year with skirmishes after almost every whistle. Merrimack played hard, they didn't "lie down like dogs" for Maine.

Comment

Off topic, sadly. Maine, Class of '02.
                          http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...6.html&h=6fede
                          sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                            Congrats Maine -- 3 shutouts in a row, and a combined score of 15-2 since the trouble up in Vermont -- very impressive. (And thanks for the help against MC.)
                            trouble "up in vermont" was unfortunately in orono...

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Your are right.."IF" they play TEAM D/blocked shots/sticks in the passing lane and keep it simple,short passes and get decent goaltending then this TEAM can beat anyone and with that said if they don't then they can beat themseleves also....good job last night....AND any NEW's on Nyquist..? Total Cheap Shot put on him last night...but Merrimack has played rough to Border line dirty hockey all season long,call it chippy but ask around they have played this way all season long,hopefully Maine makes them pay when they hit the Penalty Box....
                              not sure if there is any news, but y understanding is that he skated off under his own power... i think he didn't return b/c the game was in hand and merrimack was gooning it up...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                                not sure if there is any news, but y understanding is that he skated off under his own power... i think he didn't return b/c the game was in hand and merrimack was gooning it up...
                                I figured that much...good smart move if so...they did say he would be checked over today....just in case is my guess as he did take a shot...

Comment

Working...
                                X