Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
    The excuse that never quits.

“They’ve been awesome. They have fought through a lot in their four years. It was tough timing for them to join our team because we had just lost a large senior class and (Hockey East Rookie of the Year) Teddy Purcell also left,” said Whitehead, who lost seven of his top 10 scorers off the 2006-2007 Frozen Four team.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/...nst-merrimack/
    Teddy landed his first NHL career hat trick last night.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Any more news on the big protest tonight, I hate to miss it because of a snow storm
      haven't heard anything else. All I know is the University heard rumors of something going on Friday night and were going to have a couple extra people on hand

Comment

If he was REALLY telling the truth...
        Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post

They've been awesome. They have fought through a lot in their four years. It was tough timing for them to join our team because it was just becoming obvious that I'm not really up to coaching at this level said Whitehead, who has transformed his team from a perennial national title contender to out of contention even for home ice in their league playoffs. Whitehead says that his coaching technique has the added benefit of ensuring a longer off season than previous Maine's teams enjoyed so they can be more well rested and better prepared for next years continuing downward spiral.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/...nst-merrimack/

Comment

I am amazed timmay didn't mention that sweetland, penner or libbey all left early as well...what a clown he should be ashamed of himself....he has destroyed the program and talks like he saved it or something. I think the best line for timmay is the unemployment line since he is already collecting a welfare check!!
          Fire that loser!!
          I hope they have some good signs asking for timmay to resign tonight. What excuses will he have when they miss the NCaas again and lose in the first round of the HE playoffs......

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
            It's OK.

If the King's don't win the cup this year, we'll know why...

The country wouldn't be in insurmountable debt if Teddy Purcell hadn't taken out the loans.

Order would have been restored in Egypt but Teddy told Mubarak to hold out.

WMDs would have been discovered had Teddy Purcell not gone AWOL.

Nice. You should post this on the BDN story.

Might be a little late now, but no worries. The excuse will pop up again soon, I'm sure.
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

sitter can't make it and i don't really want to bring my 2.5 year old to the game in a blizzard
              let me know if something interesting does happen at the game tonight.

Comment

No TV down south here for tonight, so if anything does go on in the arena, I wonder if Dan and Larry will comment on it.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

bummed I can't use my tickets... is there an internet audo feed?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Well, TIMMAY can do one thing well, and that's brainwash these guys. A couple of wins over The Mack will do nothing for this team in the national picture. The only shot they have is by winning the HE tournament.

That's the big problem I've had with his teams. No matter how bad the situation is, no matter how deep a hole they've dug for themselves, they all talk about and seem to believe that everything's ok, they'll get things righted 'this weekend' or the 'next few games'.

Well sorry, but it doesn't work that way. Should have taken care of business when it would have meant something. Too little too late at this point.
                    It's a game. It's all about having fun. Someone needs to tell Tim this isn't peewee hockey.

Comment

So....

I hope this was a come together experience for the boys.

Amazing what happens when you throw out the play book and run free on your last straw.

Comment

I'm so confused. I want to praise Sully, but I don't. I'm so confused
                        Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Way to go Timmay!

Stay forever.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Outstanding hockey game tonight by Maine. Merrimack had no "time and space" all game long. Merrimack became very frustrated, resulting in lots of penalties after the whistle. Anyone know if Bigos received a game disqualification on the hit to Nyquist? I love the play by Diamond , but his act is getting a bit tiresome. Did not see any demonstrations or signs. Perhaps they will be there tomorrow night. I suspect it's more "smoke than fire". Defense in front of Sullivan was great, but he also made some great saves. There was good attendance, but many people missed a super game. Should be another great one tomorrow night, can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                              I'm so confused. I want to praise Sully, but I don't. I'm so confused
                              why not?

Comment

The box score said game dsq...

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                Outstanding hockey game tonight by Maine. Merrimack had no "time and space" all game long. Merrimack became very frustrated, resulting in lots of penalties after the whistle. Anyone know if Bigos received a game disqualification on the hit to Nyquist? I love the play by Diamond , but his act is getting a bit tiresome. Did not see any demonstrations or signs. Perhaps they will be there tomorrow night. I suspect it's more "smoke than fire". Defense in front of Sullivan was great, but he also made some great saves. There was good attendance, but many people missed a super game. Should be another great one tomorrow night, can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X