Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

A UNH fan pulling for Maine against Merrimack???

Ah yes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend :-)

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      And by all reports, he's too arrogant to just walk away We'd have to have considerable pressure from former players, the admin and numerous concerted efforts of public displeasure to force him out, and even that might not be enough.
      Well, rumor has it, there is going to be some peaceful "public displeasure" displayed Friday against the "Mack Attack". Stay Tuned!

Comment

Not me. I cud never be satisified with a one and done. Thats like, why bother? To be honest I expected them to get a 2 or 3 seed coming into this season, so with some decent goalie work (big if apparently) I wuz hoping for a two and done.
        Baby steps, this ain't Shawns team. Have they overachieved with Tims recruits in the last 4 years, I think not so I just wanted the younger guys to get some experience. Which is why I thought getting to the NCAAs last year was so important but..............
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by MEpucknut View Post
          Well, rumor has it, there is going to be some peaceful "public displeasure" displayed Friday against the "Mack Attack". Stay Tuned!
          Go for it! It would be very wise though, I think, to forewarn one of the players of what is coming. The players should understand beforehand that the fanz beef is not with the players, but with Whiteheads performance only. They should understand that the fanz are 110% behind the players and their on ice work and that this show of unity is because this home series is the last good opportunity for you guyz to be heard in a public forum. Be heard, make it professional but make sure the players know what is going on. Whether they share that information with their coach ahead of time is strictly up to them.
          Last edited by acs64; 02-20-2011, 11:56 AM.
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Go for it! It would be very wise though, I think, to forewarn one of the players of what is coming. The players should understand beforehand that the fanz beef is not with the players, but with Whiteheads performance only. They should understand that the fanz are 110% behind the players and their on ice work and that this show of unity is because this home series is the last good opportunity for you guyz to be heard in a public forum. Be heard, make it professional but make sure the players know what is going on. Whether they share that information with their coach ahead of time is strictly up to them.
            I am not aware of what exactly is happening, but I was at Lowell last night and heard mention of something for the Friday game amongst the fans I was sitting with. I reiterated almost exactly what you stated above in regards to not targeting the players . I was told by those discussing this that the actions are directed solely at the coach and not at the players. I think anyone who follows the program realizes this not a talent/effort issue, but a coaching issue.

Comment

It is interesting to see the difference a couple of wins down the stretch can do to a hockey program. Two years ago at this time when Maine stumbled into a road playoff series at BU and actually won a game things were not good behind the scenes in Orono. President Kennedy asked Blake to ask Tim, "what it would take to buy him out?" Tim got ****ed off told Blake to get out and nothing further happened. The next season the team underachieved but were fortunate to beat Lowell in three. They played pretty well against BU and BC but as we all know lost in OT. Optimism was probably as high as it has been in several years there was excitement around the program. Blake and Tim made up, Blake signs Tim to an extension but even worse signs the worst coach in the history of UMaine to an extension. Blake then goes on his merry way the Miami. These deals got signed and usually not announced for weeks. If you were proud of a coach wouldn't you make a big deal of these extensions? I guess we know the answer to that question.

I have read this forum for many years and couldn't stay on the sideline any longer as we all watch these teams go through the motions with horrendous leadership and a head recruiter that has to look at players 3 or 4 times to figure out if they can play. Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                From the pregame, TIMMAY "likes where his goaltending's at".
                I bet he does...and so does the rest of Hockey East Teams....he never learns to shut his mouth...he talks without thinking long term...but this has been his M.O. from the get-go...talk/laugh at the same time...why..?

Comment

Originally posted by Timeforachange View Post
                  It is interesting to see the difference a couple of wins down the stretch can do to a hockey program. Two years ago at this time when Maine stumbled into a road playoff series at BU and actually won a game things were not good behind the scenes in Orono. President Kennedy asked Blake to ask Tim, "what it would take to buy him out?" Tim got ****ed off told Blake to get out and nothing further happened. The next season the team underachieved but were fortunate to beat Lowell in three. They played pretty well against BU and BC but as we all know lost in OT. Optimism was probably as high as it has been in several years there was excitement around the program. Blake and Tim made up, Blake signs Tim to an extension but even worse signs the worst coach in the history of UMaine to an extension. Blake then goes on his merry way the Miami. These deals got signed and usually not announced for weeks. If you were proud of a coach wouldn't you make a big deal of these extensions? I guess we know the answer to that question.

I have read this forum for many years and couldn't stay on the sideline any longer as we all watch these teams go through the motions with horrendous leadership and a head recruiter that has to look at players 3 or 4 times to figure out if they can play. Unbelievable!
                  Wow.....that pretty much says it all.

Comment

I have a feeling I know who you are, and if I am right, I cannot doubt what you wrote, but I had heard that the buyout was NOT something that Kennedy would consider, and had heard this from a source as reliable as "you"... if you are who I think you are.

Comment

Its a moot point. Nobody anywhere is going to come up with a half million bucks for a 3 year buyout, and not 350 grand for a 2 year buyout either. Nor will anyone come up with 170k for a single year buyout. No one cares that much to do that. Nope, unless Timmay mans up and walks away, we're doomed to gloom for at least 3 more years. And by all reports, he's too arrogant to just walk away We'd have to have considerable pressure from former players, the admin and numerous concerted efforts of public displeasure to force him out, and even that might not be enough. Unfortuneately, the few wins he picks up along the way tempers the sunami of dislike for his coaching abilities....so we make no real progress. Might as well just chill out and enjoy mediocrity.
                      maybe... surely there is one female die hard fan who is willing to make up some garbage about that night...

in his defense, I will say that I was pleased to see a different break out against Lowell (not a great play, but not the one that was used over and over and over the last few weeks).
                      I was pleased to see Nyquist perform the drop pass that i love...
                      i was pleased to see so many goals scored this past weekend because of black bears screening the goalie, or waiting on the weak side for a pass.
                      and, I was glad to see a new play that I have not seen maine perform before... I am not writing about it on here, in case Timmy uses it against Canatta... it never led to a goal against Lowell, but it is a good play to mess with goalies.

so, i am glad Timmy reads this board and implements my suggestions (heh heh heh)
                      oh, and I also liked the play by Dimmen when his partner gives the puck carrier the middle of the ice rather than the boards, and Dimmen crushes his as he THINKS he has the middle to him self... nice team work!

I do hope that Brice gets to play this coming weekend, he made a single mistake against lowell and his partner did not cover for him... that could be bad if Cucci, DaCosta and Barton are the beneficiaries of the same mistake

Comment

BRAVO!!

If only Blake had left one year sooner.

Comment

So umm with Sullivan's confidence at an all-time high...sure would be nice if you guys could take some points from Merrimack this weekend

Comment

Jared Turcotte is leaving Maine. Says he plans to enroll in a medical program at Bates. Just had a third knee surgery, fifth overall surgery since enrolling at Maine. Won't play football. With a baby at home and his body breaking down, can't say I blame him. But what a shame. Kid was a beast that first year.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

http://www.subwaydunkfresh.com/dunks...644392853e45cf
                              Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                                i was pleased to see so many goals scored this past weekend because of black bears screening the goalie, or waiting on the weak side for a pass.
                                Much easier to screen a high school goalie than it will be to screen Cannata with the D he has in front of him

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                                I do hope that Brice gets to play this coming weekend, he made a single mistake against lowell and his partner did not cover for him... that could be bad if Cucci, DaCosta and Barton are the beneficiaries of the same mistake
                                Careful on this one. Assuming Brice plays out like the rest of Maine's D over the last few years (10 games into your career, Timmay sucks the life out of you and you lose your passion, grit, knowledge of the game, energy, and confidence), we may want to hold back on playing Brice until the playoffs when we need all that....and Timmay's tutelage hasn't taken hold yet.
                                Last edited by Slapshot08; 02-20-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X