Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
    Quote of the night, after Gus's shortie, "Wow, Maine looks like a good team when the play the chitty teams." -my grandmother.
    TF!

I want to watch a Maine game with your Grammie...I'll buy the beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      . Maine's defense looked very good in these two games. Sullivan wasn't relied upon exclusively to make saves. If Maine challenges the Merrimack player with the puck like they have the past two nights there will be a positive outcome. Very nice to see the team come away with 4 points this weekend.
      Would Maines D look good against Orono High School? Remember MC actually has talent and a coach, Lowell not so much.
      \
      2 wins are good and I'm happy for Sullie, in the long run the only games that matter now are HE playoff wins
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Yeppers, its down to the HE playoffs now. In a nutshell, if we stink up the joint the rest of the way we probably end up playing one of the top three that also stinks up the joint the rest of the way (either BC, UNH or MC). If we play decently the rest of the way we probably get BU. Either way we're on the road and its just a shame this group couldnt or wouldnt take care of business.

Is it just me or do I sense a little bit too much looseness with these guys. Joking and laughing on the bench....I mean, wheres the business-like attitude? Its how they managed the entire season. Be happy when things are going great (against the bottomdwellers) then find it impossible to play with an edge and business like while playing the top of HE. Where in the phk are their headz anyway? Too little, too late...tuff lesson to learn in their last season for the seniors....should have learned it last year.
        Last edited by acs64; 02-20-2011, 08:27 AM.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Timmay doesn't have to accept a buyout, unless their is something in his contract that forces him to.?
          why do you say that?
          the university tells him, "here is the rest of the money under your contract, take a hike"
          he sues in civil court for HIS DAMAGES.
          the court awards AT MOST, the contracted amount (which he already received, so nothing new is awarded)
          unless his contract says that he is entitled to MORE than the contracted amount in the case of a buy out, he is entitled to exactly the buyout amount... he does not have to accept it, but that is all he will get.

I cannot imagine a scenario where he gets more under normal contract law (even for state employees)

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            why do you say that?
            the university tells him, "here is the rest of the money under your contract, take a hike"
            he sues in civil court for HIS DAMAGES.
            the court awards AT MOST, the contracted amount (which he already received, so nothing new is awarded)
            unless his contract says that he is entitled to MORE than the contracted amount in the case of a buy out, he is entitled to exactly the buyout amount... he does not have to accept it, but that is all he will get.

I cannot imagine a scenario where he gets more under normal contract law (even for state employees)
            Its a moot point. Nobody anywhere is going to come up with a half million bucks for a 3 year buyout, and not 350 grand for a 2 year buyout either. Nor will anyone come up with 170k for a single year buyout. No one cares that much to do that. Nope, unless Timmay mans up and walks away, we're doomed to gloom for at least 3 more years. And by all reports, he's too arrogant to just walk away We'd have to have considerable pressure from former players, the admin and numerous concerted efforts of public displeasure to force him out, and even that might not be enough. Unfortuneately, the few wins he picks up along the way tempers the sunami of dislike for his coaching abilities....so we make no real progress. Might as well just chill out and enjoy mediocrity.
            Last edited by acs64; 02-20-2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              Its a moot point. .
              This is really the key, Alfond would have to be empty for anything to happen at an administrative level. I doubt that happens as we got nothing to do in the dead of winter up here. He still has a chance to redeem himself this year but it takes a HE championship to do it, anything less is an extremely disappointing season.

Comment

This is really the key, Alfond would have to be empty for anything to happen at an administrative level. I doubt that happens as we got nothing to do in the dead of winter up here. He still has a chance to redeem himself this year but it takes a HE championship to do it, anything less is an extremely disappointing season.
                So, for outrageous talking purposes, say the stars align and Maine wins a HE tourney title. What then? A four seed heading out west. Good luck with that !!

Comment

.......in the long run the only games that matter now are HE playoff wins
                  I prefer to be more optimistic in both the short and long term. I feel that the games against Merrimack do matter. These two games will be against a quality opponent that will give Maine more confidence going into the tournament. Just because wins in these two games may not improve Maine's standing in the pairwise or HE standings is no reason to discount the games in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the games regardless.

Comment

I prefer to be more optimistic in both the short and long term. I feel that the games against Merrimack do matter. These two games will be against a quality opponent that will give Maine more confidence going into the tournament. Just because wins in these two games may not improve Maine's standing in the pairwise or HE standings is no reason to discount the games in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the games regardless.
                    Absolutely the Mack games count. I have no idea what a win or sweep wud do for their PWR, but at best it would probably put them on the cusp....they'd still need to do heavy damage in the HE playoffs to assure a bid. The only certainty would be 12 consecutive wins, and those chances are slim and none

Comment

Yeah, they do look pretty awesom when playing lousy competition. Just gotta hope they don't give up after Merirmack scores their first goal, like they did the last time.

And yeah, anything can happen once this team is in the HE playofs. They could lose in the quarters, or win the whole thing. We've seen similar Whitehead back-ins into tournaments, and they play out of their heads and string together some good games. The last time they made it to the final four, or even last year's HE tourney. But with the talent on this team, it shouldn't have to come down to that.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                        So, for outrageous talking purposes, say the stars align and Maine wins a HE tourney title. What then? A four seed heading out west. Good luck with that !!
                        They should have had a higher seed but I'd be satsified with a one and done in the NCAAs. that was what I thought was realistic at the start of the season

Comment

Breaking my months of silence on here...

Nothing was going to happen while Blake James was around because he and Tim, as well as their families, are good friends. Blake is gone now, and Timmay has his contract. Not sure what it will take to get rid of this Loser behind the bench, but I am afraid, we are going to have to be patient. This is painful to watch happen.

Comment

. I'm looking forward to the games regardless.
                            I'm looking forward to seeing MC, I think a split is realistic but a sweep by MC wouldn't surprise me, a sweep by Maine would shock me

Comment

• Dear Maine,
                              Please take some points from Mighty Merrimack
                              Thank you
                              Your pal, gibber

Comment

They should have had a higher seed but I'd be satsified with a one and done in the NCAAs. that was what I thought was realistic at the start of the season
                                Not me. I cud never be satisified with a one and done. Thats like, why bother? To be honest I expected them to get a 2 or 3 seed coming into this season, so with some decent goalie work (big if apparently) I wuz hoping for a two and done.
                                Last edited by acs64; 02-20-2011, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X