Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
    My thoughts going into the season were that if the team could qualify for the NCAA tournament, I would consider the season enough of a success to buy into Whitehead. At least a little bit more than I have.
    Unfortunately Timmay has wiped out 25 years of being a Maine fanatic. I go to games because I have the tickets but I used to get excited about every friday saturday home. Not anymore. I know alot of familiar faces no longer show up to games, most have given up their tickets and you know what, neither the AD or Timmay give a crap.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Unfortunately Timmay has wiped out 25 years of being a Maine fanatic. I go to games because I have the tickets but I used to get excited about every friday saturday home. Not anymore. I know alot of familiar faces no longer show up to games, most have given up their tickets and you know what, neither the AD or Timmay give a crap.
      I hate to say it,but the latter part of your post is so true..................STINKS.

Comment

In an obvious dig at the Maine program, WCSH TV sports tonight : "Dont look know, but the University of Maine Men's Hockey team has won two games in a row" Sad
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

What I don't get is why they wouldn't care about destroying a cash cow...???? If anything, doesn't money talk?

Comment

From the pregame, TIMMAY "likes where his goaltending's at".
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Quote of the night, after Gus's shortie, "Wow, Maine looks like a good team when the play the chitty teams." -my grandmother.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                From the pregame, TIMMAY "likes where his goaltending's at".
                Lowell is historically bad. A Maine goalie hasnt had back to back shut outs since jimmy in 04. Maine hasnt shut out a weekend series since blanking mercyhurst in oct 2002. I cant find the last time Maine blanked a weekend series in Hockey East. Its before 98. This might be the worst hockey east team ive seen in person

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

An if they score in the third sully can blame me

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Sure it came against UML, but back-to-back shutouts is always cool. Good for Sully.

Hope he'll be up to the task of facing Da Costa & Co. next weekend.

Comment

Good win tonight! First 3 game win streak since beating UND 2x and UVM in October! WE ARE BACK BABY!!! With this sweep we are now primed for our typical desperation "late season surge", only to fall short in the Hockey East Tournament and having to listen to TIMMAY tout how close we were, "what a learning experience this was" and how "it will make us better next year" ......rinse and repeat

Comment

Originally posted by MEpucknut View Post
                        Good win tonight! First 3 game win streak since beating UND 2x and UVM in October! WE ARE BACK BABY!!! With this sweep we are now primed for our typical desperation "late season surge", only to fall short in the Hockey East Tournament and having to listen to TIMMAY tout how close we were, "what a learning experience this was" and how "it will make us better next year" ......rinse and repeat
                        Timmy>>>>>>>>>>time to juggle up the lines?? _ Nice win !...............lets balance out some playing time(Maybe not- LIKE the "SPUNK" on that 4th line" - should have played them from day one! ........lets's find some consistency ????? So full of s...t............blah.........blah.........blah... ....
                        Are the goal tenders a flight risk ??? Who really cares ????? Pass me the gummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Masagheeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!! Nice FINISH

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                          Sure it came against UML, but back-to-back shutouts is always cool. Good for Sully.

Hope he'll be up to the task of facing Da Costa & Co. next weekend.
                          He may not have to. DaCosta is still listed day to day and did not play this weekend. There are still no details beyond "not season-ending lower-body injury".

Comment

Can't wait for Friday night at the Alfond. There's going to be an exciting atmosphere. Maine's defense looked very good in these two games. Sullivan wasn't relied upon exclusively to make saves. If Maine challenges the Merrimack player with the puck like they have the past two nights there will be a positive outcome. Very nice to see the team come away with 4 points this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              Can't wait for Friday night at the Alfond. There's going to be an exciting atmosphere. Maine's defense looked very good in these two games. Sullivan wasn't relied upon exclusively to make saves. If Maine challenges the Merrimack player with the puck like they have the past two nights there will be a positive outcome. Very nice to see the team come away with 4 points this weekend.
                              Relax! They just beat Lowell High. As said esrlier, UML is the worst HE team in years. Merrimack is going to tear them to shreds next week

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshot08 View Post
                                Relax! They just beat Lowell High. As said esrlier, UML is the worst HE team in years. Merrimack is going to tear them to shreds next week
                                They aren't the worst HE team in years... they are the worst ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X