Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

A wins a win I guess.
    Anybody happen to see the tail end of the UVM-UHN game when Umile threw his hissyfit last night ?
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      A wins a win I guess.
      Anybody happen to see the tail end of the UVM-UHN game when Umile threw his hissyfit last night ?
      ???

Are you referring to when he got angry at Henrion, grabbed him by the shirt and yanked him to a sitting position?
      We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
      ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
      --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
        ???

Are you referring to when he got angry at Henrion, grabbed him by the shirt and yanked him to a sitting position?
        Yeah man, whatthe hell prompted that ??

Comment

A wins a win I guess.
          True, beating Lowell Kinda feels like being the tallest midget.

Comment

Yeah man, whatthe hell prompted that ??
            I have absolutely no idea. Watching Henrion's reaction as Umile stood over him yelling in his face was priceless -- a mixture of "what did I do???" and "I'm sorry, I won't do it again.", at least from what I could tell. What do you think about it -- were you surprised, and -- I'm not trying to bait you here -- but do you wish TW would get similarly angry with a player or 2?

I must say, I've seen Umile's anger from time to time -- most often directed at an official, but occasionally at one of his players. I've never seen him do that, though. (And billb posted a comment on the game thread that accused Umile of assault. I'd say that's a bit of a stretch, in the context of athletics. I'm curious as to what others think.
            We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
            ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
            --Richard Dawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by MEpucknut View Post
              True, beating Lowell Kinda feels like being the tallest midget.
              Beating UML is like beating the Monarchs. The EJ Monarchs, that is.... not the Orono Monarchs

Comment

I have absolutely no idea. Watching Henrion's reaction as Umile stood over him yelling in his face was priceless -- a mixture of "what did I do???" and "I'm sorry, I won't do it again.", at least from what I could tell. What do you think about it -- were you surprised, and -- I'm not trying to bait you here -- but do you wish TW would get similarly angry with a player or 2?

I must say, I've seen Umile's anger from time to time -- most often directed at an official, but occasionally at one of his players. I've never seen him do that, though. (And billb posted a comment on the game thread that accused Umile of assault. I'd say that's a bit of a stretch, in the context of athletics. I'm curious as to what others think.
                Yeah, I wuz surprised. Got a real blistered angry face on, grabbed him right by the shoulder pads and yanked him down. Gotta watch that stuff in todays world especially when the national tv cameras are trained right on ya. Do I wish TW would do that ? Not really....Im not doinking on Umile, and I'd like to see more emotion out of our gum-chewing statue of a coach, but I dont care for the anger Umile sometimes shows...I mean chit, when your team is up 5-1 or 6-1 or whatever it wuz, whats the point? Game in hand...why not just have a little man to man with the youngster instead of the physicality? I realize hes aiming for perfection, but I gotta believe that kind of stuff has some future bearing on the way the kids view him. Henrion must have missed an assignment or done something lazy, I couldnt tell. We'd be pleased if Timmay would show something, anything. Whiteheads a man whoz just not cut out to be coaching. Be a good guy to have a beer with, but behind the bench? Nah
                Last edited by acs64; 02-19-2011, 11:00 AM.

Comment

would have been different if he grabbed him by his cage...........

Comment

Yeah, I wuz surprised. Got a real blistered angry face on, grabbed him right by the shoulder pads and yanked him down. Gotta watch that stuff in todays world especially when the national tv cameras are trained right on ya. Do I wish TW would do that ? Not really....Im not doinking on Umile, and I'd like to see more emotion out of our gum-chewing statue of a coach, but I dont care for the anger Umile sometimes shows...I mean chit, when your team is up 5-1 or 6-1 or whatever it wuz, whats the point? Game in hand...why not just have a little man to man with the youngster instead of the physicality? I realize hes aiming for perfection, but I gotta believe that kind of stuff has some future bearing on the way the kids view him. Henrion must have missed an assignment or done something lazy, I couldnt tell. We'd be pleased if Timmay would show something, anything. Whiteheads a man whoz just not cut out to be coaching. Be a good guy to have a beer with, but behind the bench? Nah
                    Umile can become very intense, without question, and I think he has shown much more public dissatisfaction with his players this year than in previous years, based upon what I've seen. It perhaps wasn't his finest moment, but I suppose sometimes a friendly hand on the back doesn't work as well as a kick in the arse.

OK, I'm outta your thread.
                    Last edited by goblue; 02-19-2011, 01:15 PM.
                    ---Blaise Pascal

--Richard Dawkins

Comment

A wins a win I guess.
                      I guess but nothing matters at this point but HE playoff wins, they don't matter either if you don't win your last game
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        I guess but nothing matters at this point but HE playoff wins, they don't matter either if you don't win your last game
                        We all missed it! Maine clinched a playoff spot last night and actually can't finish 8th! EXTEND WHITEHEAD!

Comment

Timmay doesn't have to accept a buyout, unless their is something in his contract that forces him to. The negitive publicity even with private dollars would weigh heavy on the Presidents mind. From what I've heard there was a buyout presented last year, the president wouldn't hear of it. Of course, he's history so maybe it would be different?
                          I heard the same thing about the Money part in a Buyout...it's funny how the President and the departed AD..(James)..kept to a close vest on this card game....looks like Whitehead had both in his hip pocket if there would have been any trouble...but all is moot as the Bolting James gave TW a 3 yr extension and the President fully knowing his intentions of getting out of Dodge....looks like a win/win/win for the 3 Amigo's and a BIG TIME lose/lose/lose for the Program,fans and future of returning to the Glory Years......with a New President & AD coming aboard this summer they will have there hands full in their own job let alone the Carnival of Horrors going on with the Maine Hockey Program....times look DIM for next season...hoping not....BUT NOT alot to figure it won't be sour next season....pretty FRUSTRATING....my rant is over 4 NOW...!

Comment

I wish he would just resign and save us three more years.

Comment

My thoughts going into the season were that if the team could qualify for the NCAA tournament, I would consider the season enough of a success to buy into Whitehead. At least a little bit more than I have.

As for the season . . . the damage is done. I don't care enough to do the bracketology, but I have to think an at-large is basically impossible at this point. I only care about these last few games to the extent that someone, anyone, steps up and shows some consistency in goal. Here's hoping Sully can do it.
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                                My thoughts going into the season were that if the team could qualify for the NCAA tournament, I would consider the season enough of a success to buy into Whitehead. At least a little bit more than I have.

As for the season . . . the damage is done. I don't care enough to do the bracketology, but I have to think an at-large is basically impossible at this point. I only care about these last few games to the extent that someone, anyone, steps up and shows some consistency in goal. Here's hoping Sully can do it.
                                They get in if they win there Quarterfinals then go to Boston and win both the Semi's & Final's to get the Auto-Bid for Hockey East....there's a CHANCE,but alot of IF's...

Comment

Working...
                                X