Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    I think ME drops below NU and headz to UHN for the playoffs. Hoping anyway. Gus seems to like that ice surface.
    All part of TIMMAY's devious plan to avoid playing either BU or the Mack in the first round. After the way they played against UHN the second game, TIMMAY thinks that's his best shot to advance.

And they are UHN after all, the postseason isn't really their strong suit.

Re: the BDN article, at least they weren't talking about lessons learned, and all that other good stuff.
    Last edited by rufus; 02-18-2011, 04:46 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      All part of TIIMMAY's devious plan to avoid playing either BU or the Mack in the first round. After the way they played against UHN the second game, TIMMAY thinks that's his best shot to advance.

And they are UHN after all, the postseason isn't really their strong suit.
      Great minds think alike.
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        Great minds think alike.
        Not you and TIMMAY?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Not you and TIMMAY?
          Sure....Timmay's got a great mind, just cant coach.
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            In essence,I have to agree with you.D-1 hockey is about results,not intentions.

And if Maine tax dollars are writing your paycheck,seems to me that you owe The Pine Tree State public some degree of success in the course of doing your job,because winning hockey games is what you're paid to do.Tim hasn't done enough of that,sadly.

Clearly,he's bitten off more than he can chew,and been *compensated* for way more than what he's delivered.I don't see why a reasonable buyout offer wouldn't be acceptable to him,given his track-record.(If I were him,I'd be happy with 40% of my remaining contract,for instance,but that's just me.)

Again,not holding my breath.
            Three years can not be bought out. The only hope is he resigns but he's too arrogant to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              "Whitehead said where Maine must get better is in the imaginary third circle"

I think I see where Timmay's problem is ... he is coaching from the imaginary world and the players are trying to play here in the real world.
              I like it.

Comment

Anyone get the pregame to play?

Comment

Took 6 tries and a swith from firefox to ie. working now, though.

/masochist
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Rebooted, and had to try three or four more times before it finally started. Just in time for the drop of the puck.

Comment

In essence,I have to agree with you.D-1 hockey is about results,not intentions.

And if Maine tax dollars are writing your paycheck,seems to me that you owe The Pine Tree State public some degree of success in the course of doing your job,because winning hockey games is what you're paid to do.Tim hasn't done enough of that,sadly.

Clearly,he's bitten off more than he can chew,and been *compensated* for way more than what he's delivered.I don't see why a reasonable buyout offer wouldn't be acceptable to him,given his track-record.(If I were him,I'd be happy with 40% of my remaining contract,for instance,but that's just me.)

Again,not holding my breath.
                      OK...I have a QUESTION and it's JUST a Question not to start or fuel anything..."IF" and thats a Big IF there was a Buy-Out....how does it work..? TW has a Contract that kicks in for 3 years...most likely nothing can or will be done this Season...so if there was a Buy-Out with 2 years left on a Contract....does TW get Full value or say a % over two years..? If the Money was from Private sources and NOT Tax payers money then it could happen if the President and AD sign off on it...Just a Question for the Crack Posters who Bleed Maine Hockey Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        OK...I have a QUESTION and it's JUST a Question not to start or fuel anything..."IF" and thats a Big IF there was a Buy-Out....how does it work..? TW has a Contract that kicks in for 3 years...most likely nothing can or will be done this Season...so if there was a Buy-Out with 2 years left on a Contract....does TW get Full value or say a % over two years..? If the Money was from Private sources and NOT Tax payers money then it could happen if the President and AD sign off on it...Just a Question for the Crack Posters who Bleed Maine Hockey Blue.
                        Timmay doesn't have to accept a buyout, unless their is something in his contract that forces him to. The negitive publicity even with private dollars would weigh heavy on the Presidents mind. From what I've heard there was a buyout presented last year, the president wouldn't hear of it. Of course, he's history so maybe it would be different?
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

my guess is that there is some kind of termination clause akin to a golden parachute clause... but it's probably a decent number...

Comment

Wow. UML is worse than I thought. Maine beats them 4-0 and drops 3 spots in the PWR to 22

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                              I think you are giving a little too much credit to the players on the current roster. You have some talent, but other than Nyquist, the rest of the forwards would have been 2nd or probably more like 3rd line guys on past teams. The defense is even more weak and the goaltending speaks for itself. Maine used to make headlines with the recruits they landed, not so much any more.
                              Not sure of your point,and not picking a fight,but I will opine that being a 2nd- or 3rd-line guy on a '93 or '95 Maine team is still pretty dam good,and this crew is about where that benchmark is.

Make no mistake;this is a very talented bunch of forwards.Given equivalent 'tending and D,they could beat anybody,but Maine has not skated a complete team in years now.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-19-2011, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Make no mistake;this is a very talented bunch of forwards.Given equivalent 'tending and D,they could beat anybody,but Maine has not skated a complete team in years now.
                                Talented for sure but not hard working night in and night out
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X