Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    Please Fire Tim Whitehead on Facebook.......up to 146 supporters. Hopefully, we'll see 200 by the weekend!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=186978081078
    I was #146

Do you have it enabled so members can invite others?

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
      I was #146

It's not my project.......but I'm a proud supporter!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        With alot of people and myself included...give D3 Hockey credit...they hbave pride and real good teams...WHY would anyone of them want a Tim Whitehead running..(ruining)..there programs...?????
        I disagree.I watch a ton of D-3 hockey,and nobody seems to care too much about winning games,aside from the players and the fans.As far as the administration goes,it seems to be all about "character" at that level,with a few notable exceptions.D-3 colleges aren't supposed to worry about winning mere athletic contests,you see...It's all about the *academics*,as a point of pride.(That,and the $40 K annual tuition.)

D-1 is completely bald-faced in wanting to win as many games as possible and to rake in the revenue,which I find refreshing,oddly enough.In that light,I had no problem whatsoever with Timmy purging as much of his awful recruiting classes as he could,and sitting Marshall,who was not even a "marginal" D-1 talent,IMO.(Mush was even worse!)The "C" on the sweater didn't mean much,in either case.

That sort of thing might have been among the best coaching decisions Whitehead has made in all his years at Maine.(And,yeah,that's been a very short list of good decisions.)I have no doubt that he's done his best,but his "best" is a better fit for a Hamilton College than it is for a Maine.

He's basically on State of Maine Welfare now;collecting the dough while producing nothing.He needs to man-up,and walk away.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-16-2011, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          He's basically on State of Maine Welfare now;collecting the dough while producing nothing.He needs to man-up,and walk away.
          Wow! I'd quit my job in a second and spit in my boss's face on the way out if it meant getting that kind of welfare!

Where do I sign up?!

Comment

I disagree.I watch a ton of D-3 hockey,and nobody seems to care too much about winning games,aside from the players and the fans.As far as the administration goes,it seems to be all about "character" at that level,with a few notable exceptions.D-3 colleges aren't supposed to worry about winning mere athletic contests,you see...It's all about the *academics*,as a point of pride.(That,and the $40 K annual tuition.)

D-1 is completely bald-faced in wanting to win as many games as possible and to rake in the revenue,which I find refreshing,oddly enough.In that light,I had no problem whatsoever with Timmy purging as much of his awful recruiting classes as he could,and sitting Marshall,who was not even a "marginal" D-1 talent,IMO.(Mush was even worse!)The "C" on the sweater didn't mean much,in either case.

That sort of thing might have been among the best coaching decisions Whitehead has made in all his years at Maine.(And,yeah,that's been a very short list of good decisions.)I have no doubt that he's done his best,but his "best" is a better fit for a Hamilton College than it is for a Maine.

That last sentence is pretty good sig material right there....I'm owning it!
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

My comment on Div.3 Hockey was more of a dig at TW...nobody in there right mind would want him to lead their Program...let alone be behind their bench.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
                I was #146

you can invite anyone... up to 148 now
                Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                  you can invite anyone... up to 148 now
                  Send those invites everyone, or if your just reading this for the first time join http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8081078&ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    My comment on Div.3 Hockey was more of a dig at TW...nobody in there right mind would want him to lead their Program...let alone be behind their bench.
                    I disagree.I think Tim would be a good fit for a lot of D-3 programs.He's always smiling and gracious,he runs a clean program, etc...The vast majority of D-3 ADs wouldn't dream of asking any more from a coach.(It's all about the academics!)If he got above .500 every other year,he'd be fine,and I think he could pull that off at any number of Eastern D-3 schools.(I'd love to see him at his alma mater,which is near where I live.I would actually root like hell for him!)

Comment

I disagree.I think Tim would be a good fit for a lot of D-3 programs.He's always smiling and gracious,he runs a clean program, etc...The vast majority of D-3 ADs wouldn't dream of asking any more from a coach.(It's all about the academics!)If he got above .500 every other year,he'd be fine,and I think he could pull that off at any number of Eastern D-3 schools.(I'd love to see him at his alma mater,which is near where I live.I would actually root like hell for him!)
                      Well I guess I don't know D3 Hockey as well as you do...one thing for sure I would welcome a TW move...anywhere's D1 or D3...won't happen with a 3 yr extension in his back pocket...Thanks to his Buddy Blake James...hoping for a Miracle that after next season..(2011-12)..that he resigns/gets fired/gets bought out....if NOT the state of Maine Hockey for the future is in BIG TROUBLE. Sour Grapes again...but if nothing does happen,well a great past time and program will go by the wayside. IMO.

Comment

In essence,I have to agree with you.D-1 hockey is about results,not intentions.

And if Maine tax dollars are writing your paycheck,seems to me that you owe The Pine Tree State public some degree of success in the course of doing your job,because winning hockey games is what you're paid to do.Tim hasn't done enough of that,sadly.

Clearly,he's bitten off more than he can chew,and been *compensated* for way more than what he's delivered.I don't see why a reasonable buyout offer wouldn't be acceptable to him,given his track-record.(If I were him,I'd be happy with 40% of my remaining contract,for instance,but that's just me.)

Again,not holding my breath.

Comment

Nice job by Federal League on the HE playoff picture. Seems very likely Maine plays BU at Agganis in the quarterfinals. http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot....t-playoff.html

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshot08 View Post
                            Nice job by Federal League on the HE playoff picture. Seems very likely Maine plays BU at Agganis in the quarterfinals. http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot....t-playoff.html
                            I think ME drops below NU and headz to UHN for the playoffs. Hoping anyway. Gus seems to like that ice surface.
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Very important points this weekend. Special teams have really hurt the team and the players know it. They sum it up very well in this article by Larry in the BDN.

These are very smart young men who should be able to improve their weaknesses and finish strong down the stretch.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/...-umass-lowell/

Comment

"Whitehead said where Maine must get better is in the imaginary third circle"

I think I see where Timmay's problem is ... he is coaching from the imaginary world and the players are trying to play here in the real world.
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X