Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Bear he is absolutely more qualified to state his opinion. Maybe I just look at it as a matter of character on his part. I pride myself on being fair, and try not to ever critique players publicly when they are at Maine, and even after they leave. But since Jeff went public on a social site I have no problem stating my opinion on his abilities. I supported him 100% when he played for Maine, now that he has stepped out to vocalize his opinions I harbor no guilt by speaking my mind.

I too have been with the program since the beginning. Conn, Crespi, Nord, Aubut, the Tortorella brothers, saw them all play while I was a student. I used to post regularly on this site, but tend to take a back seat these days. As I said I will leave the decisions to the powers that be, they know far more than I ever will. I was really hoping this season would be the one to get us back on the national stage, and am concerned about the future. With everyone berating the coach all the time it's nice for me to be berated for expressing my opinion about 1 former player. I have no problem with that!
    Last edited by BobF; 02-15-2011, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Is there a KEEP TIMMAY facebook group out there yet?
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Is there a KEEP TIMMAY facebook group out there yet?
        I'd be happy to do it, but right now I'm working on a "Fire Jerry York" page.
        We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
        ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
        --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Nyquist has regained his scoring touch. Great to see him rebound. He still has faith in this team and feels that they will do something special, even though many people have written them off. Nick Pryor may return this weekend. No mention of Anderson so he is probably ok.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/...uch-for-bears/
          I really question the BDN's competency sometimes. They know, or should know, that there is a significant subset of the fanbase that is unhappy with not just Whitehead, but Blodgett, and to a lesser extent Woodward and Cosgrove. I haven't seen a single comment in the BDN from ANYONE in Orono regarding this, or even evidence that the question has been asked, resulting in a "No Comment."

Comment

Im with Bob. Marshall's one captain out of how many? And really the way his career ended, he's not an objective source. Respect to the kid but i take his position with a grain of salt

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              Im with Bob. Marshall's one captain out of how many? And really the way his career ended, he's not an objective source. Respect to the kid but i take his position with a grain of salt
              My understanding is jokes were made about him at the end of season Banquet so I don't blame him for signing up. I wasn't there but I'm sure someone will chime in who was
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Here are some interesting numbers. Take from it what you will. Shawn Sirman and Josh VanDyk currently lead the team in the (+/-) category with a +8. One thing this tells me (among others), is that Maine scores goals when Sirman is in net and that VanDyk is playing pretty good defense. Banwell has a -14. He may be a real victim here.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  Here are some interesting numbers. Take from it what you will. Shawn Sirman and Josh VanDyk currently lead the team in the (+/-) category with a +8. One thing this tells me (among others), is that Maine scores goals when Sirman is in net and that VanDyk is playing pretty good defense. Banwell has a -14. He may be a real victim here.
                  Shawn Sirman has a plus/minus ??? We need to send you to the Nick Papagiorgia/Carmine Scrapagio skool of plus-minus-ology.
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                    As someone who has supported the coach in the past I won't be joining any such group, while I share everyones disappointment and frustration to this point. I said there could be no excuses going into this season and I stand by that.

Having said all that I have to say that I am very disappointed to see a former player, and at that a captain join a list like this. Jeff if you have issues, you can take the pull you have to address them with the administration, that's an ability you have that the rest of us do not.

We all appreciated how Jeff emerged due to his willingness to give 100% on the ice. But let's also be realistic and understand that if Coach Walsh had been at the helm when Jeff was at Maine he likely would not have been on the roster by the time he was a senior as he simply did not have the talent. So while he may be supporting the dismissal of his previous coach, he should understand the facts. Just my opinion, but since Jeff put himself out there I felt it was fair to share it.

You are welcome to go ahead and take your shots at me I can take it!
                    take a small step backward and ask yourself why the players elected him Captain.... and then think again about whether or not he would have been on a Walsh roster... Walsh knew better than anyone that a successful team has to have the very best fourth liners and checkers... Marshall was the hardest worker of all and his teammates recognized that (and they also realized that he attained the least considering the time he put in, but he still led by example and deserved the C)

good team chemistry means not getting down when you don't get PP time... Aquino was the opposite of Marshall

Comment

Havn't seen Corkum or Shemansky in months. Did somthing happen or are they just not playing well enough to get playing time?

Comment

As someone who has supported the coach in the past I won't be joining any such group, while I share everyones disappointment and frustration to this point. I said there could be no excuses going into this season and I stand by that.

Having said all that I have to say that I am very disappointed to see a former player, and at that a captain join a list like this. Jeff if you have issues, you can take the pull you have to address them with the administration, that's an ability you have that the rest of us do not.

We all appreciated how Jeff emerged due to his willingness to give 100% on the ice. But let's also be realistic and understand that if Coach Walsh had been at the helm when Jeff was at Maine he likely would not have been on the roster by the time he was a senior as he simply did not have the talent. So while he may be supporting the dismissal of his previous coach, he should understand the facts. Just my opinion, but since Jeff put himself out there I felt it was fair to share it.

You are welcome to go ahead and take your shots at me I can take it!
                        Disappointed in this post, Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
                          Havn't seen Corkum or Shemansky in months. Did somthing happen or are they just not playing well enough to get playing time?
                          Out for the season, Corkum Hip issues, Shemansky Concussion
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Bear he is absolutely more qualified to state his opinion. Maybe I just look at it as a matter of character on his part. I pride myself on being fair, and try not to ever critique players publicly when they are at Maine, and even after they leave. But since Jeff went public on a social site I have no problem stating my opinion on his abilities. I supported him 100% when he played for Maine, now that he has stepped out to vocalize his opinions I harbor no guilt by speaking my mind.

I too have been with the program since the beginning. Conn, Crespi, Nord, Aubut, the Tortorella brothers, saw them all play while I was a student. I used to post regularly on this site, but tend to take a back seat these days. As I said I will leave the decisions to the powers that be, they know far more than I ever will. I was really hoping this season would be the one to get us back on the national stage, and am concerned about the future. With everyone berating the coach all the time it's nice for me to be berated for expressing my opinion about 1 former player. I have no problem with that!
                            The powers that be DON'T know more than you do! Too bad that you don't see that.......and still VERY disappointed in your prior post disparaging a former player for not supporting Whitehead! That is effed up!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              My understanding is jokes were made about him at the end of season Banquet so I don't blame him for signing up.
                              Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                                Disappointed in this post, Bob.
                                Well maybe you should not use me as part of your signature. Jeff is not a kid he is a man. He has come out on the most popular social website to ask for the dismissal of his former coach. And I am not entitled to say he was a marginal player! So was Campbell Blair who ended up being in clothes on the bench with Walsh and not on the ice. Sorry for stating my opinion, when many of you have taken shots at the coach and not felt the least bit of guilt to send him packing.

I am not making judgements on his abilities or inabilities. Just stating that like with other professions if you have a problem with the boss, or former boss you take it up the chain of command and don't go public. Does not have to be everyones value system, but it is mine.

And with regards to not knowing more than the powers that be, stand by that. I have no idea with what is going on behind the scenes! AD, interim or not should certainly have a handle on quality control of the program. I will say that unlike other years this group of players has not quit on each other or the coach, but we all know thus far they have underachieved on the ice.

Diego, tend to have respect, even if we disagree, but I did not put Jeff in this, he did! As a result I harbored no reservations in expressing my opinion. Everyone has opinions about the players on our team, and don't have problems expressing them from time-to-time, the most reason case being Diamond. I have done the same with a player that last laced them up for Maine 3 years ago so if your disappointed I am sorry, but I won't retract my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X