Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    he'd be a terrific D3 coach.
    High praise. I think he could coach a competitive team in Eastern Maine Class B Hockey. Competitive, not championship caliber, just competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Potato in NH View Post
      High praise. I think he could coach a competitive team in Eastern Maine Class B Hockey. Competitive, not championship caliber, just competitive.
      Meh....d3 you dont have to work hard most games. dont even haveto win most games. I think the University of Southern Maine Huskies job is calling out. You hear it? TIMMAY...TIMMAY
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post

Join Please Fire Tim Whitehead on Facebook here........http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=186978081078

135 supporters and counting!
        Jeff Marshall joined the facebook group.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
          Where you been man? He's one of the charter members.
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
            Where you been man? He's one of the charter members.
            I never claimed to be quick on the draw.

Comment

It just shows how sad the Athletic dept is when it can't scrape together enough money to buy out somebody making $170K a year who is ruining their one program that had a national reputation/standing. That would be laughable if it wasn't so sad and shows how bad Maine's AD has become. Think about it, if each person donate a $100 it would only take 5100 people to get rid of timmay. Simple math, I'll send a lot more than that to get rid of that clown!!!
              I know one of the other posters stated that the university wouldn't look good if it had it's NHL players or alumni pay to buy him out. Look at real athetlic departments, they ride their horses(big donors) and they get a seat at the table to fire the coach, hire the coach, new programs and a whole lot of other things that come along with giving a lot of money. This is were the previous idiot ADs have royal screwed up and drove away their big donors(i.e. King, ex hockey players etc). The university needs to realize in order to make money you have to spend money and get people with a real vision who can sell the program and restore it with junior leagues/coaches, family advisors, canadian leagues, prep schools etc. Now let's get the money together send timmay packing and get a real coach to get the program back on track.

Comment

I'm in..!Where do I wire my cash?

Seriously,that kind of coup is just not gonna happen theses days,except in Eygpt.

The NCAA still wants to make it all look to be all about "character" and grades,and as though money is not the point.(Riiiiiight....!)

I got a form-letter the other day from Abbott,and I like the fact that he bleeds blue...

If I was King of Maine,I'd give him the AD job,hire Monty,and beg Grant to come back to work with our hapless 'tending.At least then,everyone involved would be invested in Maine hockey,more than they are in lining their wallets and producing pretty much nothing.

Comment

With alot of people and myself included...give D3 Hockey credit...they hbave pride and real good teams...WHY would anyone of them want a Tim Whitehead running..(ruining)..there programs...?????

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                    As someone who has supported the coach in the past I won't be joining any such group, while I share everyones disappointment and frustration to this point. I said there could be no excuses going into this season and I stand by that.

Having said all that I have to say that I am very disappointed to see a former player, and at that a captain join a list like this. Jeff if you have issues, you can take the pull you have to address them with the administration, that's an ability you have that the rest of us do not.

We all appreciated how Jeff emerged due to his willingness to give 100% on the ice. But let's also be realistic and understand that if Coach Walsh had been at the helm when Jeff was at Maine he likely would not have been on the roster by the time he was a senior as he simply did not have the talent. So while he may be supporting the dismissal of his previous coach, he should understand the facts. Just my opinion, but since Jeff put himself out there I felt it was fair to share it.

You are welcome to go ahead and take your shots at me I can take it!
                    Last edited by BobF; 02-15-2011, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                      Jeff if you have issues, you can take the pull you have to address them with the administration, that's an ability you have that the rest of us do not.

!
                      I believe he did and got nowhere so what avenues does he have.?
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                        As someone who has supported the coach in the past I won't be joining any such group, while I share everyones disappointment and frustration to this point. I said there could be no excuses going into this season and I stand by that.

Having said all that I have to say that I am very disappointed to see a former player, and at that a captain join a list like this. Jeff if you have issues, you can take the pull you have to address them with the administration, that's an ability you have that the rest of us do not.

We all appreciated how Jeff emerged due to his willingness to give 100% on the ice. But let's also be realistic and understand that if Coach Walsh had been at the helm when Jeff was at Maine he likely would not have been on the roster by the time he was a senior as he simply did not have the talent. So while he may be supporting the dismissal of his previous coach, he should understand the facts. Just my opinion, but since Jeff put himself out there I felt it was fair to share it.

You are welcome to go ahead and take your shots at me I can take it!
                        I'm not sure what your point is by including your analysis of Jeff's talent and speculating about whether he might not have been on a Walsh roster, does that have ANYTHING to do with where Whitehead is taking this program today? No, so it's pretty clear that part is just you jumping on a chance to take a cheap shot at him because you don't think he should have joined the FB page. Real nice.

If he agrees that Whitehead is bad for the future of Maine hockey, then I think that he, and any other ex players who feel that way should do everything they can to get Whitehead out of town fast. They owe their loyalty to Maine hockey, not to any one individual if that individual is hurting Maine hockey. We can quibble about what's the best way to make the necessary change, but this site certainly can't hurt. All of us are in favor of doing what's best for Maine hockey and to most of us, that means Whitehead must go, and the sooner the better!

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
                          If he agrees that Whitehead is bad for the future of Maine hockey, then I think that he, and any other ex players who feel that way should do everything they can to get Whitehead out of town fast.
                          FWIW, former back-up goalie Shane Foley is also a member of the group...

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
                            I'm not sure what your point is by including your analysis of Jeff's talent and speculating about whether he might not have been on a Walsh roster, does that have ANYTHING to do with where Whitehead is taking this program today? No, so it's pretty clear that part is just you jumping on a chance to take a cheap shot at him because you don't think he should have joined the FB page. Real nice.

If he agrees that Whitehead is bad for the future of Maine hockey, then I think that he, and any other ex players who feel that way should do everything they can to get Whitehead out of town fast. They owe their loyalty to Maine hockey, not to any one individual if that individual is hurting Maine hockey. We can quibble about what's the best way to make the necessary change, but this site certainly can't hurt. All of us are in favor of doing what's best for Maine hockey and to most of us, that means Whitehead must go, and the sooner the better!
                            Well I am staying out of the fray as to whether the coach stays or goes, it's not my decision and I will continue to support the team. The evaluation of Jeff's talent was simply to say that he was fortunate to have had the opportunity to play as he was a marginal player at best. And anyone can express their opinion, but do we know how other former players feel? I know of at least one former Captain who is very much in the coaches corner, where is the board for him to express that support? I just think the post smacks of sour grapes on Jeff's part and does not shed him in a good light.
                            Last edited by BobF; 02-15-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Nyquist has regained his scoring touch. Great to see him rebound. He still has faith in this team and feels that they will do something special, even though many people have written them off. Nick Pryor may return this weekend. No mention of Anderson so he is probably ok.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/...uch-for-bears/

Comment

• Originally posted by BobF View Post
                                Well I am staying out of the fray as to whether the coach stays or goes, it's not my decision and I will continue to support the team. The evaluation of Jeff's talent was simply to say that he was fortunate to have had the opportunity to play as he was a marginal player at best. And anyone can express their opinion, but do we know how other former players feel? I know of at least one former Captain who is very much in the coaches corner, where is the board for him to express that support? I just think the post smacks of sour grapes on Jeff's part and does shed him in a good light.
                                So you feel qualified to publicly evaluate Marshalls talent level AND disparage his motivation, but he's not supposed to state his opinion about something he's WAY more qualified to have an opinion on than you are?

I support Maine hockey, and have since it began. But that's a whole different subject than supporting one individual who I believe is running it into the ground. Don't confuse support for the program with support for this coach because they are not necessarily one and the same.

If this other ex captain you mention still supports Whitehead, there us nothing stopping him from making his pro-Whitehead case right here on this site, or even starting a Facebook page if his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X