Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by goblue View Post
    Lowell? Your last sentence is ambiguous. Doesn't matter -- just wait until you get to entertain the Big Mack Attack. Hope you fare better than we did..
    At least with MC I get to see a good team. This team is golfing in a few weeks so it doesn't really matter how they fare against MC
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I'm sure Walrus is right that Sirman is in net 'til he fails. That's been the formula all season.

Maybe the team is even worse off in the standings if Whitehead picks a #1, or if he decides on a set rotation. But maybe one of them gets a chance to work through the rough spots, and is a better goalie at the end of the season.

I know one thing - he's already tried switching aimlessly. And it hasn't worked.
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
        I know one thing - he's already tried switching aimlessly. And it hasn't worked.
        Yeah, my thots exactly. Havent been able to figure out any method to his goalie handling madness. Aimlessly covers it pretty well as none have gained any confidence or gotten into any kind of a groove.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Obviously you all know your stuff about Maine Hockey. I am in need of your help. Hypothetically, if you were to create a statistically driven "Whitehead file" to be mass produced (oh...say 5,540) and distributed at the final home series of the year,along with an attached letter that could be later sent to the President and/or AD that would open the eyes of the average fan about the decline of the program under Coach Whitehead, what would you statistically include to make your point? Feel free to privately message me if need be. If you could include sources that would be much appreciated. Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by MEpucknut View Post
            Obviously you all know your stuff about Maine Hockey. I am in need of your help. Hypothetically, if you were to create a statistically driven "Whitehead file" to be mass produced (oh...say 5,540) and distributed at the final home series of the year,along with an attached letter that could be later sent to the President and/or AD that would open the eyes of the average fan about the decline of the program under Coach Whitehead, what would you statistically include to make your point? Feel free to privately message me if need be. If you could include sources that would be much appreciated. Go Blue!
            Do the objective start, the basic numbers of how the winning percentage has declined year by year, average attendance decline(infer how much potential revenue they lose per empty seat, loss of season tix holders, lack of NCAA playoffs, home HE playoffs, how this impacts the recruiting classes, show the decline in rank and when level of talent decline, etc) you can do some digging to see what they project per average fan revenue etc. Then you can go into the how does a coach get an extension when his teams are not winning etc part. It's a start. Too bad somebody didn't get a pic of the resign timmay sign, they could put that up on the fire whitehead facebook page.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              Do it.

I would but boycotting all home games until a coaching change is made
              Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                Didnt he just renew his contract? May be while!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
                  Didnt he just renew his contract? May be while!
                  I'm not sure that's the issue. Who in Orono right now has authority to fire anyone?

Comment

With the State in a fiscal crisis it would be a public relations nightmare even if anyone had the authority. Blake James screwed the pooch on this and he knew it and didn't care. I'll bet Miami football or Baseball wouldn't accept this crap , probably why he'll never be AD there or anywhere else.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I wish it didn't take a 7-2 blowout at home for the team to come out and play physical and lay out checks. I wish the coaching was a little more inspiring so that we didn't just play soccer with sticks every night as opposed to hard hitting hockey. (Don't get me wrong, I love soccer but it isn't a CONTACT SPORT) P.S. A handful of students in the student section had homemade "Fire Whitehead" shirts made up for Friday Nights game as well.
                      Last edited by AtHomeAtTheAlfond; 02-13-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

The numbers of 'internet nutcases' seem to be growing.

Figure at best the team goes 4-2 over their last six games(losses to UMass-Amherst and Merrimack). The only way they'd improve upon last year's record is to sweep through the HE tourney.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Don't you have any friends that would take and display it for you? Postpone your boycott, clearly you need to protest in the best way possible. Tossing a noose around a manuquin dressed as Timmay and hanging it from the balcony is clearly a much better way then not showing up to an arena where 5000 other people make your absence unnoticeable.
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            The numbers of 'internet nutcases' seem to be growing.

Figure at best the team goes 4-2 over their last six games(losses to UMass-Amherst and Merrimack). The only way they'd improve upon last year's record is to sweep through the HE tourney.
                            honestly, I am predicting a Merrimack sweep. Even without Dacosta, they beat UNH in OT.
                            I have seen Lowell absolutely annihilate Merrimack earlier this season so I would bet on a split at Lowell this weekend, sometimes, they can play.
                            and I would bet on, AT BEST, a split or a loss and a tie at UMass.
                            Last season (the good season if you recall) Maine was 0-3 against the powerhouse from Amherst
                            08-09, Maine was 1-2 with both losses on the Olympic sheet
                            07-08, 2-1 with the loss on the Olympic sheet
                            and the year before, maine was 2-4... 4 losses at Amherst and 2 wins on small ice (orono and Albany)
                            so the last time Maine beat UMass twice in a season, Teddy Purcell had not left early

here is a trivia question you will LOVE, rufus... who scored the game winnning goal, the last time Maine took points from UMass out in Amherst?

----son of an icebox... Rob Bellamy 5 years ago

so I do not think we can plan on Maine taking points out there, can we?

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                              honestly, I am predicting a Merrimack sweep. Even without Dacosta, they beat UNH in OT.
                              I have seen Lowell absolutely annihilate Merrimack earlier this season so I would bet on a split at Lowell this weekend, sometimes, they can play.
                              and I would bet on, AT BEST, a split or a loss and a tie at UMass.
                              Last season (the good season if you recall) Maine was 0-3 against the powerhouse from Amherst
                              08-09, Maine was 1-2 with both losses on the Olympic sheet
                              07-08, 2-1 with the loss on the Olympic sheet
                              and the year before, maine was 2-4... 4 losses at Amherst and 2 wins on small ice (orono and Albany)
                              so the last time Maine beat UMass twice in a season, Teddy Purcell had not left early

here is a trivia question you will LOVE, rufus... who scored the game winnning goal, the last time Maine took points from UMass out in Amherst?

----son of an icebox... Rob Bellamy 5 years ago

so I do not think we can plan on Maine taking points out there, can we?
                              Red Gendron knows hawkey....based on Timmay time, I think we're lucky to get a single stinkin point at Zoomass...history teaches us we suck there. Chit history teaches we suck most everywhere lately. I think the best we do is 3 points rest of the way...to be honest. This team doesnt have the backbone nor coaching to do better than that. I M H F O !!
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Any win is good but nothing to get excited about. I wish someone would make a sighn and have a groundhog on it with tims face on it and it could read " Timmy Ground hogg has appeared another spring without an NCAA playoff appearence"
                                you mean Timmy the ground hog appeared and did not see Grant's shadow, that means another spring without an NCAA appearance

Comment

Working...
                                X