Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    Your dog might want to gnaw your arm off, though.
    Nah
    Golden retreivers are only interested in tennis balls.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

You know TIMMAY's gonna blame this season on injuries, though.

"Nyquist and Diamond been playing hurt all season, we lost Corkum and Shemansky, Liedermark played as long as he could with a bad knee, Dimmen and O'Neil missed so much time, Sullivan and Ouellette both hurt so couldn't get the amount of practice time they needed to improve, Sweetland and Purcell left early...............etc., etc."
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Good win, maybe too little too late but a win is a good thing

Comment

Yep, good solid win. Good effort and it was nice to see them bring relentless pressure to the final buzzer....thats how you hold a lead.
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Looks like we found a goalie and I hope you all heard Tim thank the fans for sticking with them. Word must have got out about the facebook rebellion.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
              Looks like we found a goalie and I hope you all heard Tim thank the fans for sticking with them. Word must have got out about the facebook rebellion.
              Tonight's results don't change a thing IMHO.

Comment

It wasn't pretty, but at least it was a win. Shouldn't have needed to work that hard to get past an undermanned UVM team. And even so, I didn't get a sense of the guys playing with the desperation and intensity that they did in the second UNH game last week. And still some horrible miscues, both offensively and defensively.

I said last week I think TIMMAY needs to go with Sirman the rest of the way. They've all given up soft goals, but Sirman's the only one of the three who hasn't been lit up by having a complete horrible game. If he cures the soft goal thing, which probably can only happen by seeing more game action, he could be solid. Tonight was a beginning.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Just got back from the game. Loved the "Just Resign" sign that someone had behind the goal. Also there was another good sign hanging by the students that said something like "working hard beats talent, talent does not beat working hard" or something like that. Hey listen if you want to get to Timmy go over to where the team comes out of the locker room. Go stand with all the kids that are trying to get high fives and speak your mind when we walks through!!!! As for tonight's game, what the hell happened to our power play? Seems like Maine can't pass the puck anymore, and it seems like Maine always goes for that one extra pass down low instead of shooting the puck. I was surprised that there were that many fans there, seemed close to a sellout.

Comment

Much different game tonight. Maine played with lots of grit and Madore made some huge saves for Vermont. Maine could have won tonight's game 7 - 2. Diamond needs to play with that same tenacity but play smart. He and Mangene are real competitors. Swavely and Beattie are really developing. According to the pre-game on radio, Leidermark could be out for the rest of the year along with Shemansky and Corkum. Prior could be back in another week or two. Hope Anderson's injury tonight isn't severe enough to keep him out for a long period.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Good win, maybe too little too late but a win is a good thing

Any win is good but nothing to get excited about. I wish someone would make a sighn and have a groundhog on it with tims face on it and it could read " Timmy Ground hogg has appeared another spring without an NCAA playoff appearence"
                      Last edited by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead; 02-13-2011, 12:14 AM.
                      Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                        Any win is good but nothing to get excited about. I wish someone would make a sighn and have a groundhog on it with tims face on it and it could read " Timmy Ground hogg has appeared another spring without an NCAA playoff appearence"
                        Do it.
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

[QUOTE=Dirt;5030748. I was surprised that there were that many fans there, seemed close to a sellout.[/QUOTE]

A whole bunch of those fans were there with the local youth hockey groups.They were given their tickets for half price.

Comment

Attendance last night was 5042. Filled in quite nicely after a somewhat late arriving crowd. Saturday's game against the River Hawks at Tsongas Arena will be on NESN (7:30). Sirman played fairly well last night but he also had some help in front of the net. I think we will see him on Friday and who knows for Saturday. Maine just can't get consistent goal tending or defense.

Comment

Probably the most physical game I've seen Maine play in a while. Not sure why that happened. Sirman will be in net until he fails, he wasn't tested at all after the 1st so not really all that excited about his play. He flops way to much for my liking but the results last night were good. Diamond is a marked man, he is going to get called for any and all infractions, even if they aren't. 2 at Lowell should be a joke but with this team who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Probably the most physical game I've seen Maine play in a while. Not sure why that happened. Sirman will be in net until he fails, he wasn't tested at all after the 1st so not really all that excited about his play. He flops way to much for my liking but the results last night were good. Diamond is a marked man, he is going to get called for any and all infractions, even if they aren't. 2 at Lowell should be a joke but with this team who knows.
                                Lowell? Your last sentence is ambiguous. Doesn't matter -- just wait until you get to entertain the Big Mack Attack. Hope you fare better than we did..
                                We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                                ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                                --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Working...
                                X