Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
    98 members isn't exactly an uprising.

102 now
    Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      3 more years, he had a year they signed him for 3 more. Blake James goes down as enemy #1, maybe the single worst decision ever made by an AD at Umaine, right up with Sue Tyler and her crying emotional decision to sign Timmay without a NAt'l search.

Its not worth going to games to watch a team go thru the motions. I feel bad for Sully, 3 goals all from close in, all from the poorest D play you've ever seen. Medvec skated around like he was Paul Kariya or something. A real D1 goalie might have made the stops but you certainly can't say they were all his fault.
      The seniors might as well have stayed home, Dee wouldn't shoot the puck when wide open, Tanner could care less. Let me tell ya, Vermont is awful other than Madore, I mean freakin' awful. Why is someone going to pay to watch this crap? Timmay was smiling away on the bench, gotta keep up that image of a great guy. He is absolutely lost. I'd bet the house that if Corkum was allowed to run the team they'd be in every game, you'd see some emotion, you'd see some passion and you'd see some wins.
      You are right that Corkum would get the BEST and the EFFORT out of this team...no matter with with how many wins or losses...this team would be prepared and would also have a fall back in game plan....that said I still would like to see Jim Montgomery behind the Maine bench with Corkum along as a Assistant Coach....and you could bet that Stanbrook would be around to give tips that these 2 men would welcome to make this Program better....this has to be the MOST dissapointing season in the last 5 years...I thought the ending last regular season and playoffs were bad...BUT this year is TOAST....

Comment

Went to goblackbears.com and before the main site it shows a promo buy tickets for this weekends men hockey games yea baby! So glad I haven't attended a game this seson and cancelled the season tix last year.
        Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

so we used 3 of our 4 goalies last night. Who gets the start tonight? not that it matters..
          Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
            so we used 3 of our 4 goalies last night. Who gets the start tonight? not that it matters..

Might as well play 6 on 5 all night. Going to lose anyway with TIMMAY!
            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
              Might as well play 6 on 5 all night. Going to lose anyway with TIMMAY!
              give the kid from howland maine a shot
              Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                give the kid from howland maine a shot
                I agree, he is a Junior I think so he should be a little more mature and who knows maybe he will stand on his head being a Maine kid and all.

Comment

If we are lucky, Whitehead's last season will be the next one (2011-2012).......I don't see any feasible way to get him out of there before then for a couple of reasons:

1. Interim AD Steve Abbott.......not only is he not going to make a major decision like this, but he is probably too busy looking for his next political appointment in DC.

2. $$$.........The buyout is just too big right now unless they can get the big $$$ guys to pool their resources......but again, timing will be an issue due to the AD search.

One good thing is that next season's recruiting class looks like crap (excluding the Mainer Rutt)......so hopefully, we'll hang on to the best future recruits for now and TIMMAY will really crash and burn next season ensuring his demise and buyout after 2011-2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                    102 now
                    107........ Power to the people!

Comment

I said it earlier in the week, I was going back and editing the commercials out of my recording of the Lowell game from what, the second week in the season, and watching that team, and seeing the team that's on the ice now is just mind-numbing.

It's been that way every season for the last five or six, the team comes in from the summer break, with minimal time spent on the ice, and come out like gangbusters. Jump in their skates, aggression in their eyes, a passion to be playing the game. But as the season goes on, the more time they spend under Timid Tim's 'tutelage', the worse they look. He just coaches everything they know and love about the game right out of them. Last night's performance was pitiful.

I don't know if Montgomery's the answer, I'm sure he'd be an improvement. He certainly can't be any worse. But I know Corkum would be an improvement too, and he could step right in. The only thing is, I don't see TIMMAY doing the right thing for the program and stepping down, and I'm afraid Corkum might bail too, rather than spend any more time dealing with this crap. I'd guess his son on the roster is the only thing keeping him here right now. Having this program be the Danny and TIMMAY show, you think things are bad now...................
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                        This team is one of the most mentaly weak teams that I have ever seen in any level of sports. Gus go to the red wings I don't care we have never won a thing with you and in the biggest two games of the season you miss open nets. Way to step up kiddo! I know your coach probably tells you its a good job but they won't be saying that at the next level..
                        don't blame Nyquist for staying out for 2 and 3 minute shifts, he is not the one who makes that decision. nobody's body can take that period after period, game after game.

at the next level, there will be a coach who deserves to be there or he would be fired for incompetence after 2 months, not after YEARS of ineptitude

Comment

• Originally posted by MEFANinLA View Post
                          Would you expect anything else, it timmays style of hockey, the no check-contact league.
                          Where are all the timmay lovers? Please resign, you are a terrible coach and have ruined a great program. Shawn must be rolling over in his grave, watching what has happened bewteen the 3headed monster(sue tyler, king blake and timmay) have ruined the program. Thanks for nothing, you all suck and should be ashamed of what you have done to maine hockey!!!
                          You touched on a very good point......Tyler and James knew NOTHING about UMaine Hockey.......and THAT was the problem! Tyler was a blubbering fool after Shawn passed and bought this whole "but Shawn bequeathed the future of the program to WhItehead"......B.S.!!!......somehow I don't think that this is what Shawn had in mind!!! Interim.....probably yes, permanent?......absolutely NOT! And James was a complete buffoon........he gave every coach at Maine multi-year extensions.......look where all of the programs are now. PITIFUL.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            I said it earlier in the week, I was going back and editing the commercials out of my recording of the Lowell game from what, the second week in the season, and watching that team, and seeing the team that's on the ice now is just mind-numbing.

It's been that way every season for the last five or six, the team comes in from the summer break, with minimal time spent on the ice, and come out like gangbusters. Jump in their skates, aggression in their eyes, a passion to be playing the game. But as the season goes on, the more time they spend under Timid Tim's 'tutelage', the worse they look. He just coaches everything they know and love about the game right out of them. Last night's performance was pitiful.

I don't know if Montgomery's the answer, I'm sure he'd be an improvement. He certainly can't be any worse. But I know Corkum would be an improvement too, and he could step right in. The only thing is, I don't see TIMMAY doing the right thing for the program and stepping down, and I'm afraid Corkum might bail too, rather than spend any more time dealing with this crap. I'd guess his son on the roster is the only thing keeping him here right now. Having this program be the Danny and TIMMAY show, you think things are bad now...................
                            I agre that he coaches hockey sense right out of all of his players, but they are on the ice all summer long, playing with and against each other and a lot of Maine alumni, like Prestin and Shute.
                            Others play on the south shore of Mass with Billy Ryan and Bellamy and NHLers from Mass.
                            I WISH people would remember Corkum's first few games at Orono where he was emotional and he fired the boys up and spoke with them after their shifts (Like Satan Parker does)...then Timmy told him not to, "we don't coach like that at Maine" what he meant was, "we don't coach hockey at Maine"

Comment

Originally posted by lewylew View Post
                              Hi everyone. My name is lewylew and I am a recovering Timmy jockstrap holder.

***! One of the reasons I never posted is because I always held out hope for Whitehead and whatever potential Walsh saw in him to bequeath the program to him and never wanted to get in to a ******ing match with anyone about. I always thought the close losses to Minnesota and Denver were because of unlucky bounces and a few bad calls and believed Timmy would right the ship. No more. The guy is no Alpha dog and belongs at an irrelevant D2 program or behind the scenes creating charts and powerpoints for team meetings. After last night and the potential this team has only to lay down like that has forced me to grab my pitchfork and torch and make my way to Alfond. I can't even look my UNH alum/fan brother-in-law in the face anymore or use the, "we have hardware and you don't" comeback. Thanks for me letting me vent.
                              Good to have you on the Dark side, Bob
                              welcome

Comment

Originally posted by get a grip View Post
                                things have been going wrong since he pushed Grant out and felt that Danny and Guy were better hires than trying to keep Blair. Guy saw the termoil and left after 2 seasons. If you ask Grant, changing 2 coaches after having a frozen four year, there has to be issues.
                                The new players have finally figured Tim out. He will be lying to them as he has done in the past. I just hope he doesn't ridicule them like he did with Jeff Marshall on Senior night or at the Banquet.

I know Danny won't stop it, I hope Corky does unless he is sick of the BS that he must be dealing with.
                                I am glad you posted this, freind!

Comment

Working...
                                X