Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

I wonder if Dennehey would take the Maine job if it was offered to him?? If he can do this well at the Mack, would think he could be even more successful at Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      I wonder if Dennehey would take the Maine job if it was offered to him?? If he can do this well at the Mack, would think he could be even more successful at Maine.
      He would definitely be a candidate.

Whitehead will be back next season......which will give all of the probable candidates another season to prove themselves and fatten their resumes. While I see Whitehead surviving this season, I DON'T see him surviving after next season which in all liklihood be worse than this one!

Comment

I think its time my fellow maine fans give me credit as the only reason I post and made a name is because I love my team! I TOLD YOU ALL TIM IS A JOKE GLAD YOU HAVE FINALY SEEN THE LIGHT EVEN IF ITS 4 YEARS TOO LATE!

IF YOU CARE ABOUT THIS TEAM STOPP ATTENDING GAMES IN ORONO AND DONT REUP YOUR SEASON TICKETS LIKE SHEEP UNTIL A COACHING CHANGE IS MADE!
        Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
          I think its time my fellow maine fans give me credit as the only reason I post and made a name is because I love my team! I TOLD YOU ALL TIM IS A JOKE GLAD YOU HAVE FINALY SEEN THE LIGHT EVEN IF ITS 4 YEARS TOO LATE!

IF YOU CARE ABOUT THIS TEAM STOPP ATTENDING GAMES IN ORONO AND DONT REUP YOUR SEASON TICKETS LIKE SHEEP UNTIL A COACHING CHANGE IS MADE!
          I have to admit......even I was fooled at the beginning of this season. I guess it was the nostalgia of being back in Alfond and seeing them pound a national powerhouse (UND) into submission. In hindsight, I was lucky enough to see one of the best weekends by a Whitehead coached team during his tenure! Unfortunately, I got too giddy.......that weekend clouded my judgment. Now it's back to TIMMAY TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by MaineHockeyPuck View Post
            I agree Theo looked like the only one on the ice who wanted to play.
            I think there is no trust in the goalies (For good reason)
            I would like to start Seeley to see what he can do. Can't be any worse than what we saw tonight.
            I hope no recruits were there to see that game.
            doesn't matter, their family advisors will have heard all about it

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
              I have to admit......even I was fooled at the beginning of this season. I guess it was the nostalgia of being back in Alfond and seeing them pound a national powerhouse (UND) into submission.
              I tried not to be too negative by pointing out that North Dakota was playing short handed all weekend because of the early season officiating... the kind that is not done in the playoffs or in the WCHA... AND that they had just flown from alaska less than a week before the Maine series.

the upside, if you like North Dakota... their record against TUCs is about to go up a ton in a few weeks.

Comment

Pathetic performance tonight......FORE!

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                  I hope that this is when people take a look at last season's fantastic finish and REALIZE that Maine was only 2 losses out of not making the hockey east tournament...

had Northeastern beaten maine and maine lost another one, Maine was not even in the tournament
                  this season is no different than any other Grantless Maine year.

Please people, write your letters and tell the Alumni office WHY you are not willing to donate and what it will take for you to donate again... and PLEASE do the math and realize that $3 out of every hockey ticket sold goes directly to Tim Whitehead's $170,000 a year salary.

unless you made that much and achieved a pi5s poor outcome, do not support his habit
                  Take a lesson from Egypt. Mass protest at Alfond. Refuse to leave until Timmy resigns.

Comment

Originally posted by gdawg View Post
                    take a lesson from egypt. Mass protest at alfond. Refuse to leave until timmy resigns.
                    i like it!
                    Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Me too.But pack a few hundred lunches...

I have been Pollyanna re:the Whitehead regiem in the past,but I've given up on him.One way or the other,this abortion is in Tim's lap.

You can blame the coaching (because Maine is talented up front),or you can blame his recruiting (because the goaltending is so bad),but either way,it's ultimitely on Whitehead,no if's,and's or but's.

$170,000 doesn't buy what is used to,apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I have been Pollyanna re:the Whitehead regiem in the past,but I've given up on him.One way or the other,this abortion is in Tim's lap.

You can blame the coaching (because Maine is talented up front),or you can blame his recruiting (because the goaltending is so bad),but either way,it's ultimitely on Whitehead,no if's,and's or but's.

things have been going wrong since he pushed Grant out and felt that Danny and Guy were better hires than trying to keep Blair. Guy saw the termoil and left after 2 seasons. If you ask Grant, changing 2 coaches after having a frozen four year, there has to be issues.
                        The new players have finally figured Tim out. He will be lying to them as he has done in the past. I just hope he doesn't ridicule them like he did with Jeff Marshall on Senior night or at the Banquet.

I know Danny won't stop it, I hope Corky does unless he is sick of the BS that he must be dealing with.
                        "The proper time to do the proper thing is before you have to do it."

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

What does the USHL pay?? I've gotta think it would be an appealing call for Jimmy Montgomery to come home.

Was it ever posted that Jimmy managed to convince 73 year old Standbrook to leave happyretirementville, FL to come consult a sub NCAA in Dubuque, Iowa?! Am I the only one who thinks Grant wouldn't waste his time if Jimmy weren't worth a ****?

The sudden talent surge Jimmy caused at RPI in such a short time was nothing less than impressive. Being an expansion team gives you some good dibs on some good incoming players, sure...but that just means, not unlike Maine, he 'has horses' , and in only his 1st year as head coach, his boys are 23-8-7.

I mean, nothing on Jimmy's resume is as impressive as a .453 win% at UMass Lowell, so I guess we'll have to wait until he can get THAT good before he gets a shot at a Maine job.

Comment

I'm friggin speechless....If Whitehead were any kind of a man, he'd step down and spare all Maine fans any more pain. But that little man wont do that. He'll drag everyone through the mud for 2 more years. He's a D3 coach, thats all there is to it. Just like Wilson wuzza a D3 goalie, so too Whitehead cant cut it at this level.

Far as replacements go, my first choice would have to be Monty...with his apparent success at such a young age, his proven leadership skills and his connections with Grant (who still resided in Orono btw), whats there not to like here. Plus he's already sending his ace goalie to Maine...now thats gonna be some fun to see how that all shakes out, huh? 4 goalies....who's Whitehead kicking out now? geezus, what an abortion. Somehow by the grace of God, lets hope there's some way that a real coach gets to Orono before another good prospect gets ruined

Yeah, I wuz fooled this year too...I had hope for this bunch of kids, but Whitehead has destroyed another season. He cant leave soon enough for me, and everyone else apparently. Sad state of affairs. He needs to go, sooner rather than later, so we can begin putting Maine hockey back together. 10 years with Whitehead has been enough. Thats right, its been 10 years.
                            Last edited by acs64; 02-12-2011, 06:43 AM.
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                              doesn't matter, their family advisors will have heard all about it
                              There was a kid there from a Connecticut Prep school
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                I'm friggin speechless....If Whitehead were any kind of a man, he'd step down and spare all Maine fans any more pain. But that little man wont do that. He'll drag everyone through the mud for 2 more years. He's a D3 coach, thats all there is to it. Just like Wilson wuzza a D3 goalie, so too Whitehead cant cut it at this level.

Far as replacements go, my first choice would have to be Monty...with his apparent success at such a young age, his proven leadership skills and his connections with Grant (who still resided in Orono btw), whats there not to like here. Plus he's already sending his ace goalie to Maine...now thats gonna be some fun to see how that all shakes out, huh? 4 goalies....who's Whitehead kicking out now? geezus, what an abortion. Somehow by the grace of God, lets hope there's some way that a real coach gets to Orono before another good prospect gets ruined

Yeah, I wuz fooled this year too...I had hope for this bunch of kids, but Whitehead has destroyed another season. He cant leave soon enough for me, and everyone else apparently. Sad state of affairs. He needs to go, sooner rather than later, so we can begin putting Maine hockey back together. 10 years with Whitehead has been enough. Thats right, its been 10 years.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn-lqSZqx8g Interview with Montgomery from the 9th. Talks about Morris and Saponari as well as other hockey east recruits. Would love to see him behind the Maine bench someday.
                                New Hampshire: only useful for connecting Maine to the rest of the United States.

Comment

Working...
                                X