Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    Morris credited former Maine assistant coach Grant Standbrook, who is a consultant for the Fighting Saints, with �really changing my season around.�

�I was struggling quite a bit in the preseason, but he came to work with us and had me on top of my game. He really simplified my game,� said Morris, who will be a scholarship player.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/...e-mens-hockey/
    I'm glad to see Grant doing well. It's amazing Whitehead had no use for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
      Just a nice article that mentions the Alfond. I hope the team realizes that if they don't start winning, we will lose this distinction.
      Instead of having the dummy wear a refs uniform, they should dress it in a suit and tie with a name tag saying "Hi I'm Timmay".

Comment

Terrible, terrible, terrible game. Absolutely inexcusable that Maine loses this badly at home to Vermont of all teams.

Comment

1. Theo is only guy who showed up tonight
          2. expecting a different result when you do the same thing over and over and over, isn't that the definition of insanity? I wouldn't be shocked to see Timmay with 1/2 an ear missing
          3. Might as well not play Joey Diamond any more this year
          4. Seeley should suit up tomorrow and when its out of reach he should play
          5. Timmay has lost the team
          6. can't blame any recruit who watched that crap for not coming to Maine
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

northeastern wins in ot...

say hello to your sixth place black bears

Comment

I vote 'Fore".

Preseason #2 pick. TIMMAY, just follow the example of your team and quit already. Can't take anymore of this crap.
              Last edited by rufus; 02-11-2011, 08:34 PM.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Gonna be REAL interesting to see what happens tomorrow night, REAL interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                  northeastern wins in ot...

say hello to your sixth place black bears
                  I hope that this is when people take a look at last season's fantastic finish and REALIZE that Maine was only 2 losses out of not making the hockey east tournament...

had Northeastern beaten maine and maine lost another one, Maine was not even in the tournament
                  this season is no different than any other Grantless Maine year.

Please people, write your letters and tell the Alumni office WHY you are not willing to donate and what it will take for you to donate again... and PLEASE do the math and realize that $3 out of every hockey ticket sold goes directly to Tim Whitehead's $170,000 a year salary.

unless you made that much and achieved a pi5s poor outcome, do not support his habit

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                    Gonna be REAL interesting to see what happens tomorrow night, REAL interesting....
                    why, do you think that Sneddon wants to make it REAL interesting too, so he is gonna skate 6 forwards and agree to pass up on the goaltender privileges for the whole game?

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                      why, do you think that Sneddon wants to make it REAL interesting too, so he is gonna skate 6 forwards and agree to pass up on the goaltender privileges for the whole game?
                      Well I was thinking that if you get blown out again tomorrow, then the players have officially given up, but then again, with your goaltending and D, even if they play their azzes off, they could still get killed! I wonder if years from now, people will look back at this weekend as being the turning point where Maine hockey finally fell into the abyss??
                      Last edited by carltonbarrett; 02-11-2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                        I keep thinking they're gonna win just enough to get back in it and then blow it at the end as usual but at this point it seems like they don't even have that in them. No desire. None. Timmy's lost the team.
                        Last edited by BoSox3066; 02-11-2011, 09:26 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

What will it take for everyone to realize that TIMMAY just isn't the guy???.........

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                            What will it take for everyone to realize that TIMMAY just isn't the guy???.........
                            An athletic director who has a pair. The fans know TIMMAY is a joke.
                            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                              An athletic director who has a pair. The fans know TIMMAY is a joke.
                              Not ALL fans know that......and the Boston fans on here pretending to be Maine fans LOVE him!!!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                1. Theo is only guy who showed up tonight
                                2. expecting a different result when you do the same thing over and over and over, isn't that the definition of insanity? I wouldn't be shocked to see Timmay with 1/2 an ear missing
                                3. Might as well not play Joey Diamond any more this year
                                4. Seeley should suit up tomorrow and when its out of reach he should play
                                5. Timmay has lost the team
                                6. can't blame any recruit who watched that crap for not coming to Maine
                                I agree Theo looked like the only one on the ice who wanted to play.
                                I think there is no trust in the goalies (For good reason)
                                I would like to start Seeley to see what he can do. Can't be any worse than what we saw tonight.
                                I hope no recruits were there to see that game.

Comment

Working...
                                X